Wahoo speedplay zero - weird side to side movement

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

cloud9blue wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:09 am
I have no issue with the stainless steel version. Purchased in mid April directly from wahoo website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ordered 7. 4. stainless steel pedals directly from Wahoo and I have movement... You have to use more power to do it, but it is there...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

keefzip

by keefzip

Hi All

I put in a support ticket with Wahoo and they answered within 2 hours telling me not to use the pedals and that they would replace them immediately...

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I think Ill wait it out over the summer till the recalls are in place for the vendors carring them that have not realized this issue is there....Especially since I was looking at the nano....

ms6073

by ms6073

welchy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 pm
I'm hoping this means some of the normal players for aftermarket spindles will be out in force shortly with a Ti offering.
Unsure how to contact J&L difrectly, but I contacted a seller on Ebay that lists J&L Ti Speedplay spindles to enquire about whether or not J&L was going to offer spindles for the new Wahoo pedals and this is the response:
New message from: lan28033 (39,423TurquoiseShooting Star)
yes
we are planning to do the axles for Wahoo Speedplay now
we have ordered some Wahoo Speedplay pedals from Wahoo
and I think I will receive them 2 weeks later
once we have them ready
I will list on eBay
thank U
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

welchy

by welchy

ms6073 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:06 pm
welchy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 pm
I'm hoping this means some of the normal players for aftermarket spindles will be out in force shortly with a Ti offering.
Unsure how to contact J&L difrectly, but I contacted a seller on Ebay that lists J&L Ti Speedplay spindles to enquire about whether or not J&L was going to offer spindles for the new Wahoo pedals and this is the response:
New message from: lan28033 (39,423TurquoiseShooting Star)
yes
we are planning to do the axles for Wahoo Speedplay now
we have ordered some Wahoo Speedplay pedals from Wahoo
and I think I will receive them 2 weeks later
once we have them ready
I will list on eBay
thank U
Keep us in the loop, keen to hear how this moves!

milanv

by milanv

keefzip wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:56 am
Hi All

I put in a support ticket with Wahoo and they answered within 2 hours telling me not to use the pedals and that they would replace them immediately...
Thank you, I am thinking about the same...

fbonde

by fbonde

Finally, Wahoo replaced my pedals and admit that this "play" should not be there. I got the new ones, and there is no play at all. Let's see how long that lasts. I'll keep you updated.
insta: @fbonde

milanv

by milanv

fbonde wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:20 am
Finally, Wahoo replaced my pedals and admit that this "play" should not be there. I got the new ones, and there is no play at all. Let's see how long that lasts. I'll keep you updated.
Thank you. And they paid shipping costs?

fbonde

by fbonde

Well, that didn't last long, 2nd ride, and boom the problem appeared again on a brand new set wahoo zero. The play is on both sides. I Think wahoo should recall all these pedals and use another year or so to get this right.

insta: @fbonde

Robius

by Robius

Cycling industry is becoming a joke lately...
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

ms6073

by ms6073

fbonde wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:40 pm
Well, that didn't last long, 2nd ride, and boom the problem appeared again on a brand new set wahoo zero.
Oh no, that is terrible news.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

bas

by bas

My left pedal has felt weird, saw this thread and sure enough side to side play. I bought them on Facebook market as I was curious to try Speedplay, hopefully they will replace without an original invoice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welchy

by welchy

I bought from wiggle instead of marketplace because of the issue, easy for me to return em if issues.

I'm looking out for Ti spindles so if anybody hears about a place to buy them let me know and I'll give them a twirl and report the findings.. the pedals arrive tomorrow so I'll add some weights up here.

milanv

by milanv

welchy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm
I bought from wiggle instead of marketplace because of the issue, easy for me to return em if issues.

I'm looking out for Ti spindles so if anybody hears about a place to buy them let me know and I'll give them a twirl and report the findings.. the pedals arrive tomorrow so I'll add some weights up here.
You can't exchange spindles in new Wahoo Speedplay pedals, only in the generation before originally from Speedplay... Maybe in months, when Chinese produce it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

milanv wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 pm
Maybe in months, when Chinese produce it...
Pretty sure that is what was implied as I had posted earlier in the thread that replies from a couple Ebay sellers had indicated that companies like J&L were working on it.
- Michael