Ridley Helium Forks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lord_brush

by lord_brush

So....discovered a crack in the steerer tube of my Helium SLX at the weekend. Currently awaiting warranty feedback (not hopeful).

Anyway.....looking around to see if there's a suitable replacement fork out there. Trying to find the exact fork will be difficult, so looking at next best options. I;ve maybe found an SLX fork but would need a respray.

Looking on eBay, Hylix forks come up in the results. I've heard of Hylix, but not sure if they're just an open mould type affair, or if they actually make the forks for Ridley (and others). The fork certainly looks similar in design/ shape.

https://tinyurl.com/44bzhaja

Anyone an ideas?
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

Guevarca

by Guevarca

How long a steerer do you need as I have a spare set of SLX forks (in the red Team colour )?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Hi,

Oh really? Could be an option with a re-spray.

Pic attached, cheers...
Attachments
PXL_20210427_120628329.jpg
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Ah shame, my steerer is only around 185mm
UK based though if any use to you

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Ah, yeah too short. Really appreciate you checking though! Cheers!

gorkypl

by gorkypl

I'd check Carbonda, not sure if they are not the OEM for Ridley.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

unclearv

by unclearv

lord_brush wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:21 am
So....discovered a crack in the steerer tube of my Helium SLX at the weekend. Currently awaiting warranty feedback (not hopeful).

Anyway.....looking around to see if there's a suitable replacement fork out there. Trying to find the exact fork will be difficult, so looking at next best options. I;ve maybe found an SLX fork but would need a respray.

Looking on eBay, Hylix forks come up in the results. I've heard of Hylix, but not sure if they're just an open mould type affair, or if they actually make the forks for Ridley (and others). The fork certainly looks similar in design/ shape.

https://tinyurl.com/44bzhaja

Anyone an ideas?
I would "steer" clear of Hylix. Poor quality, and I have been ripped off by one of the bigger ebay sellers.

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Cheers for the heads-up. Will avoid...

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Still struggling to find a 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" tapered steerer with a 45mm offset :?

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

lord_brush wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Still struggling to find a 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" tapered steerer with a 45mm offset :?
I would reach out to MEC in Canada. They use to be a large Ridley dealer in North America and might have a Ridley Helium fork kicking around at one of the 21 locations across Canada.

lord_brush

by lord_brush

PLEASEpleasePlease wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:04 am
lord_brush wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:38 pm
I would reach out to MEC in Canada. They use to be a large Ridley dealer in North America and might have a Ridley Helium fork kicking around at one of the 21 locations across Canada.
Thanks. I'll drop them a line (altough Im UK based, so probably a bit of a mission even if they do have stock).

tonchy

by tonchy

What about Paul Milnes Cycles?

lord_brush

by lord_brush

tonchy wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am
What about Paul Milnes Cycles?
Yeah, they did manage to find me a used fork, albeit in a different colour. Unfortunately, by the time I'd found someone with availability ro repray it, the fork had been allocated/ sold on another frame.

Anyway, looks like a nice chap at Belgian Cycling Factory has managed to source me a replacement fork- same colour as the original too :shock:

jackie

by jackie

hi. how did the nice chap at BCF got u the replacment fork.. I had send my noah frameset over. in june to merlin cycle for warranty and. till date nothing happen. merlin is saying they waiting for ridley to arrange pick up.. RIdley is saying they waiting for merlin to send the frame. it fxxking nitemare.. ...from May till date.i am without a bloody. bike . used to be a ridley fan boy. but not anymore

lord_brush

by lord_brush

It was a bit of a faff to be honest, and I had a similar run-around between the shop I bought the frame from, and Ridley themselves. Shop submitting warranty claim....Ridley not responding thru shop....so me contacting various contacts at Ridley/ BCF til I finally managed to get hold of this guy who was a bit peeved to have gotten embroiled in a warranty claim with a customer directly.

They ended up not warranting the fork and claimed it as because I had not used the 4ZA expansion deveice that came with the frame/ fork, so I had to pay for the replacement. This is true, as the 4ZA one was useless and kept slipping up the tube despite correct torque. I ended up swapping it out for a better Deda one which did stay in-place. I though that was a bit of a cop-out tbh on Ridleys part. Not sure I'll be buying from Ridley/ BCF again from my personal eperience...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com