Winspace SLC2.0 anyone???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LRB23

by LRB23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RadB

by RadB

You might want to check he's not related in anyway to them going by the excessive positivity in his comments, typos and use of words like assure, perfect, best when self evidently, they are not.

LRB23

by LRB23

I don’t believe he’s affiliated to Winspace judging by his instagram profile. He’s a Swiss (hence the language barrier) freelance photographer that has a passion for cycling.
I take most opinions on face value. I wanted reassurance that the quality of the product was relative the the price even if the customer service is something to be desired.
Before kids came along I wouldn’t have thought twice about buying top end road bikes. But with todays prices, two kids and many outgoings, it’s time to look elsewhere. And Winspace certainly appeals to me.
I’m more interested in using the money saved on a frame to purchase exotic components to swap between bikes.

Rone69

by Rone69

LRB23 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:44 pm
I’m still looking into this option for my next bike. The idea of a complete customisable Chinese build, coupled with exorbitant main brand prices is very appealing.
I got in contact with a guy on instagram who had an SLC2.0 build. His other bike was a C64. Here are his comments:

I am also in contact with some SLC owners, more or less they all agree that it is an excellent climbing / all-round frame.

Somewhere on the web (but I don’t remember where) I read that next year there will be a new frame, maybe called "SLC 3.0.

Asking to Winspace about the availability of SLC, they say that the Black Superlight comes in september, instead for the Glacier White we have to wait until next year, few days ago they had only 2 frames in size L, both for disc, both Glacier White, 10% discout and the integrated handlebar for free.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

One of our riders is currently on a Winspace (the team are sponsored by Winspace for wheels, she bought the frame). It's certainly not been holding her back and seems to be a stiff frame, she said it's quite light but doesn't have the most vibration-dampening abilities.

Not bad for half the cost of most mainstream brands, only thing is the warranty is postage back to the factory at your cost

LRB23

by LRB23

I like the look of the frame. Not sure if you can purchase the frame only and at what cost.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Whould you guys recommend the SLC over a Canyon Ultimate (rim brakes)? I’m in the decision between both, the Ultimate CF SL 8 is full mechanical Ultegra for 2400 Euro, the winspace would be a custom build (a little more expensive, if built the same way I think).

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I have a SLC2.0 one, my opinions
1. very stiff, my computer mount in the downhill speed 60km/hr just fly away!!!! thats because too much vibration and stiffer
2. the design is nothing to complain,
3. very good to climb, very stiff.
4. for the price, for the quality and for the climb is very good, nothing to complains.
5. the ride feelings is a combination fo Sworks Aethos with old version Cervelo R5.

same distance 13km with climb 800m mountain, comparing with Dogma F12. BMC TM R01 the results is

Dogma F12: 55 minutes. (with DiR8070groupset) weigth is 7.8kgs more or less.
SLC2.0: 52minutres (with R8020 groupset) weigth is 7.5kgs, more or less
BMC TM R01: 52 min with sram force groupset, weigth 7.8kgs more or less

I like this bike a lot.

Rone69

by Rone69

Here is another company that puts theyrs brand on the SLC 2.0 and T1500 frames
https://fr.calameo.com/read/005782500def9df84d4d7

and maybe this is the SLC 3.0 ???
https://www.adrisport-bik

jenk

by jenk

hey rone69,

does not work, or it may have been pulled down

Rone69

by Rone69

Has anyone bought a bike recently?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

i went for a extralite scr-058 instead
Rone69 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:25 am
Has anyone bought a bike recently?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Rone69 wrote:Here is another company that puts theyrs brand on the SLC 2.0 and T1500 frames
https://fr.calameo.com/read/005782500def9df84d4d7

and maybe this is the SLC 3.0 ???
It has dropped seatstays, looks like a more aero version.

Im very tempted to pull the trigger for the SLC, just to try it out…. I don’t know if the SLC 3.0 will be so much better…