Winspace SLC2.0 anyone???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LRB23

by LRB23

Does anyone have any user experience with the Winspace SLC2.0?
I’m in need of a second bike whilst I’m away at work (too much hassle flying with a bike every month) and have been considering Chinese options for a climbing specific bike with rim brakes. Unfortunately the days of disposable income have been swallowed by my adorable 2 year old so I’m looking to save where I can.
Winspace appear to be getting a lot of coverage with positive reviews but i can’t find any user experience on line.

Thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MagicShite

by MagicShite

I have one, the SLC2.0D.

Rear end is very comfortable due to the use of 27.2mm seat post, front end is a bit too stiff for me. Frame is very well built and very well thought out. Building it is an amazingly KINO experience. It is very light weight as well.

Only caveat, the customer service is horrible. For a brand trying to reach international markets, they simply aren't there yet in terms of communications.

LRB23

by LRB23

Thanks, appreciate your feedback. I’ve seen some other forum members mentions the communication issues but I’m hoping with Joe from China Cycling onboard things will improve.

Have you got any pics of your build, weights etc?

HenryH

by HenryH

I can only speak for myself. I'm waiting on my wheels from Winspace and the handful of times I have been in contact with their customer service they have always answered well and quickly. Might be different with more complicated questions? I don't know.

Cam Nicholls (YouTube) took one of their frames to be repainted and they scanned it. Nothing wrong with the build quality (it was the aero frame). Sample size one of course. I guess he will soon post a new video about his experiences with riding the T1500. Not the same bike of course, but it might tell you something about Winspace.

LRB23

by LRB23

HenryH wrote:I can only speak for myself. I'm waiting on my wheels from Winspace and the handful of times I have been in contact with their customer service they have always answered well and quickly. Might be different with more complicated questions? I don't know.

Cam Nicholls (YouTube) took one of their frames to be repainted and they scanned it. Nothing wrong with the build quality (it was the aero frame). Sample size one of course. I guess he will soon post a new video about his experiences with riding the T1500. Not the same bike of course, but it might tell you something about Winspace.
Thanks HenryH, yeah I’ve seen Cam’s vid. A lot of interesting in the aero frames at the moment but not much on the climbing frame.
I’ve been following Joe from China cycling, he had an early review a year ago or so.
So far the quality looks good. I’ve also been looking at Light Carbon and Yoeleo frames.
I appear to have fallen down a rabbit hole of Chinese frames.

HenryH

by HenryH

I say why not?

I got a Ridley Noah myself, but I am under no illusions as to the "superior quality" of that frame vs. the ones you are mentioning (love my bike though - so not that). I have watched enough Hambini, Peak Torque, heard enough squeeking from so-called high end frames to have a fairly realistic view on "quality" in the bike business. Even know a guy who used to work at the head office for one of the big american brands and he couldn´t believe how unprofessional that company was.

I would never buy a fake, but if you are looking for value for money my bet is that you are looking in the right place.

And you are right. Not sure why, but the aero-frame is getting a lot more attention than the climbing one. Noticed that myself when I was researching the company before ordering my wheels.

otnemem

by otnemem

I have no bias against chinese frames and nowadays there are many out there that are safe bets... but quoting from youtube cycling personalities when it's clear they are sent their gear free of charge in exchange for a review is worth absolutely zero to me. You guys think Winspace don't handpick the frame before sending them to the guys?
Also, Joe from China Cycling is a shill. He's basically and endorsee from the beginning.

HenryH

by HenryH

Not sure how that is much different from Tour saying a German bike is top class? Or any cycling site doing a review on one of their sponsor's bikes?

I would argue most of these YouTube-reviews are less likely to be "corrupted" by those kind of considerations than most other sources. I doubt that any YouTuber is that reliant in Winspace.

LRB23

by LRB23

My budget for super bikes has been eroded by my lovely little boy. Gone are the days of dropping a considerable wedge on an all out super bike.

I’m head long into researching a possible bike build, using the money saved on the frame for top end components. Where is the illusive new Dura Ace???
I’m really keen to build a lightweight climbing steed. I’ve got my Madone SLR Project One for all out speed, now I need a mountain goat.

I’m not interested in fakes, just trying to find a legit Chinese frame. I’ve also been looking at Yoeleo. Their customer service team have been really helpful. Price comparison wise they come in a fair bit cheaper than Winspace.

Paweln1983

by Paweln1983

Hi I'm planning to buy SLC 2.0.
However I'm little confused with regards to tax I will have to pay. I'm based in the UK.
If I take into account, current price of SLC 2.0 with 10% discount code I'm looking at £1200 delivered to the UK.

Do I have to pay only 4% of import tax, or there is VAT and anti dumping tax on top?

RDY

by RDY

Since I don't think any legit VAT / duty pre-paid options are available post-Brexit from China, you should be paying all of those.

Rone69

by Rone69

there is any news about ride quality or other experience with Winspace SLC 2.0?

LRB23

by LRB23

I’m still looking into this option for my next bike. The idea of a complete customisable Chinese build, coupled with exorbitant main brand prices is very appealing.
I got in contact with a guy on instagram who had an SLC2.0 build. His other bike was a C64. Here are his comments:

LRB23

by LRB23

LRB23

by LRB23

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com