Winspace SLC2.0 anyone???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rone69

by Rone69

I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 possibilities:
the first one, Winspace and Speeder are the same factory, the second, Speeder is the supplier of Winspace, in both cases the direct sales by Speeder are helpful to sell the frame that don't have passed the QC required by the main customers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

daforce84

by daforce84

Rone69 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:19 am
the first one, Winspace and Speeder are the same factory, the second, Speeder is the supplier of Winspace, in both cases the direct sales by Speeder are helpful to sell the frame that don't have passed the QC required by the main customers.
I can't say I agree with your conclusion. Speeder has multiple commercial clients that they sell their open mold frames to (Winspace, Adris, and Parapera being some of the documented ones).

And they happen to sell their frames direct-to-consumer as well. I have one, and it's great. What you do not get to do as a B2C customer with them, is any sort of customization (no special or custom paint, no decals, etc). You also do not get the typical "after sales support" that you would with most major brands, where you can go into your local bike store to deal with any issues. Speeder does have a 2-year warranty (look at their website), so can coordinate with them directly, but your mileage may vary.

If you have concerns with the dealing with Speeder, then you can always just buy from Winspace, Adris, or Parapera for the peace of mind.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

daforce84 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:20 pm
Rone69 wrote:
I can't say I agree with your conclusion. Speeder has multiple commercial clients that they sell their open mold frames to (Winspace, Adris, and Parapera being some of the documented ones).

And they happen to sell their frames direct-to-consumer as well. I have one, and it's great. What you do not get to do as a B2C customer with them, is any sort of customization (no special or custom paint, no decals, etc). You also do not get the typical "after sales support" that you would with most major brands, where you can go into your local bike store to deal with any issues. Speeder does have a 2-year warranty (look at their website), so can coordinate with them directly, but your mileage may vary.

If you have concerns with the dealing with Speeder, then you can always just buy from Winspace, Adris, or Parapera for the peace of mind.
What is the price when ordering at speeder directly?

daforce84

by daforce84

Eterna7m wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 pm
daforce84 wrote:
Rone69 wrote:

At the time I ordered:
Frameset: $690 USD
Seatpost: $45
FSA NO.42 headset: $25
Shipping costs will vary
Flat paypal fee of $45

Leadtime was 3-months (and they were on schedule, so I presume they plan and schedule out production lots). Things could've changed by now.

Rone69

by Rone69

Eterna7m wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:30 pm
daforce84 wrote:
Rone69 wrote:

The price is US$650/set.
The shipping cost to Italy is US$140 (tax free).
The finish is clear coating or matte black painting.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

has anyone ordered a clear coated one?

wtneo

by wtneo

just got the winspace SLC 2.0 - and found out the BB is not to spec :(

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

wtneo wrote:just got the winspace SLC 2.0 - and found out the BB is not to spec :(

Can you let us know what happens next?
Are you going to warranty it or just ride it ?

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

All of the frames on the page are sold out - weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Ferdi77 wrote:All of the frames on the page are sold out - weird?

You can buy some rim brake SLC

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Eterna7m wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:All of the frames on the page are sold out - weird?

You can buy some rim brake SLC

You can’t put them into the basket.

wtneo

by wtneo

Eterna7m wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:58 am
wtneo wrote:just got the winspace SLC 2.0 - and found out the BB is not to spec :(

Their reply (cut and paste from my email)

Will you be able to do the sanding process like video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJuG3We_6w

Another method is using a sticker(with diameter is less than 41mm and roll the sand paper with sanding side face out to sand the bb. Insert into BB and sanding the bracket.
As long as you don't sand bb diameter above 41mm then it should be fine.

Looks like no warranty replacement and a DIY job. Nice frame but disappointing after all the hype and stellar review about winspace quality 🥲

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Funny they refer to a channel that is known to criticize manufacturers for shitty QC

IvanZg

by IvanZg

wtneo wrote:
Eterna7m wrote:

Another method is using a sticker(with diameter is less than 41mm and roll the sand paper with sanding side face out to sand the bb. Insert into BB and sanding the bracket.

Looks like no warranty replacement and a DIY job. Nice frame but disappointing after all the hype and stellar review about winspace quality 🥲
It's total waste of money to support company that buys frames that are available to public from an oem and puts their sticker to it. In this case it's clear they do not offer any additional value such as additional qc or better warranty.
Good luck with sanding it down. Hope it works.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

IvanZg wrote:
wtneo wrote:
Eterna7m wrote:

It's total waste of money to support company that buys frames that are available to public from an oem and puts their sticker to it. In this case it's clear they do not offer any additional value such as additional qc or better warranty.
Good luck with sanding it down. Hope it works.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Speeder has 2 years, winspace 3 years. Good to know that makes no difference whatsoever lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com