Deda Handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rkalak

by rkalak

Does anyone know if Deda carbon handlebars have a flare at the drops? Specifically the Superzero carbon. I can't seem to to find any information about this online

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spacelahanaa

by spacelahanaa

I have the aluminum version of the superzero handlebars and they don't have a flare. As far as I know the carbon and the aluminum versions are the same shape so I would guess the carbon ones don't have a flare.

Toybota

by Toybota

I own 2 superzero carbons and I can confirm that it does NOT have any flare.

c60rider

by c60rider

Toybota wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:34 pm
+1 on this

rkalak

by rkalak

-

rkalak

by rkalak

Toybota wrote:
c60rider wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 pm
Toybota wrote:
+1 on this
spacelahanaa wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 pm
I have the aluminum version of the superzero handlebars and they don't have a flare. As far as I know the carbon and the aluminum versions are the same shape so I would guess the carbon ones don't have a flare.
Thanks. How do you guys like the bars? What width do you all use?

zaak

by zaak

I have one Superzzero alu bar and one Vinci carbon, and both does not have any flare

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

I had the superzero carbons - no flare. I found the curve of the drop a little tight.

spacelahanaa

by spacelahanaa

rkalak wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:22 am
Toybota wrote:
c60rider wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 pm
Toybota wrote:
+1 on this
spacelahanaa wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 pm
Thanks. How do you guys like the bars? What width do you all use?
I have the 42cm outside-to-outside version (should be about 40cm c-t-c) and i got them because i prefer handlebars with room for my forearms when I sprint on the drops. I also hae the non-internally routed version because I don't want to deal with internally routing mechanical rim brakes and shifting cables. I love them, they are stiff and the shape works for me. The transition from the hoods to the tops is more of a circular shape as opposed to most aerobars and the drops extend a fair bit back. I just wish they made a 38cm outside to outside, that would be perfect for my track bike.

Keep in mind though, I've heard that the internal routing versions are a b*tch to route as the holes are a bit tight. road.cc had a review of them i think with couple good images if you want to take a look at the shape a bit closer.

rwoofer

by rwoofer

I have two Deda Superleggero versions, which I presume are they same shape, which I much prefer over 3T and FSA bars I have on other bikes. Never found a problem with internal routing having built both bikes myself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spacelahanaa

by spacelahanaa

rwoofer wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:19 am
I have two Deda Superleggero versions, which I presume are they same shape, which I much prefer over 3T and FSA bars I have on other bikes. Never found a problem with internal routing having built both bikes myself.
Yeah i think the internal routing issues I've heard were mainly for the aluminum versions. FSA omega has a similar smooth transition from the tops to the hoods area but i don't know about other FSA bars.