Shimano new Di2 groupsets Dura-ace, Ultegra and 105

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hectorsanzv

by Hectorsanzv

First news here. If you look at the brand new 2022 BMC Teammachine lineup, it’s quite clear that Shimano is gonna release the new Dura-ace, Ultegra and 105 (yes 105) groupsets in Di2 versions, probably in the next weeks, all together. And probably only on Di2 versions, no more room for new mechanical groupsets; which is normal IMHO, as they do not have anything better to offer. BMC left some empty spots in its lineup for these new Shimano configurations, which easily matches with the new three groupsets mentioned before if you look at the prices and where those empty spots are located in the lineup.
On the other hand, BMC took advantage of that, and has decided to increase their prices for same bikes configurations, around 500$ and above between 2021 and 2022 models, you never know how expensive new paints can be in 2022 :roll: LOL. Is this industry ever going to stop cheating customers?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Rim brake compatible? Serious question here

Already multiple price hikes during pandemic, another $500 pushes the bar even higher. However if 105 Di2 is true, that is very interesting.

Hectorsanzv

by Hectorsanzv

I don't know about the rim brake versions, (no more top level new bikes on rim brakes to guess what will happen), but I highly doubt it. As I think Shimano is gonna leave their current Ultegra and 105 mechanical (and probably Dura-ace) as they are now, so I guess new rim brake versions makes no sense. They will just completely update Dura-ace, Ultegra and 105 for Di2 and disc brakes versions. That's my guess
Also, new Di2 versions won't be cheaper than their corresponding SRAM AXS Etap, according to BMC Lineup.

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

The fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the Dura Ace Di2 Hydro anywhere means they must have stopped production in preparation for the new launch.

keno190

by keno190

vanmatthew wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 pm
The fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the Dura Ace Di2 Hydro anywhere means they must have stopped production in preparation for the new launch.
Yeah, I can't find ultegra di2 hydro either on official sites (competitive cyclist, biketiresdirect, jensonusa, etc.). I also see that 105 hydro shifters are being discounted too.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Hectorsanzv wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:08 pm
Is this industry ever going to stop cheating customers?
Sure, as soon as we all stop buying bikes and there is an oversupply, prices will drop.
Until then.....

Discodan

by Discodan

I think the 105 Di2 isn't going to happen, Shimano have pretty much said as much myself and that mechanical 105 and Ultegra category is a real volume seller for them on OEM. Unless they could match the mechanical pricing, which seems unlikely, they need to have something in that bracket. What makes you think 105 Di2 is coming?

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Discodan wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:49 pm
I think the 105 Di2 isn't going to happen, Shimano have pretty much said as much myself and that mechanical 105 and Ultegra category is a real volume seller for them on OEM. Unless they could match the mechanical pricing, which seems unlikely, they need to have something in that bracket. What makes you think 105 Di2 is coming?
Rival AXS will take a big chunk of the OEM market from mechanical Ultegra making it obsolete meaning that Shimano will need something ti fill that void and Di2 105 is it

The manufacturers have us all over a barrel with the current supply situation, so pricing is almost irrelevant in the current cirumstances and will remain so for some time to come

cajer

by cajer

Rival AXS is 1400 or more. How much is mech Ultegra? Isn't it like 1k? If that's the case then there's sitll a huge market for Shimano

jeffy

by jeffy

di2 105 is huge news. v interested in pricing

most curious about chainring teeth profile and compatibility with 11 speed rings but havnt seen it mentioned in DA thread

Andrew69

by Andrew69

cajer wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am
Rival AXS is 1400 or more. How much is mech Ultegra? Isn't it like 1k? If that's the case then there's sitll a huge market for Shimano
Here in Australia at least, they both retail for almost the same price ($1528 for Rival vs $1585 for Ultegra mech)
OEM pricing would be interesting, but Im betting SRAM will discount to get it onto bikes as soon as possible to upset Shimano

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Hectorsanzv wrote:
First news here. If you look at the brand new 2022 BMC Teammachine lineup, it’s quite clear that Shimano is gonna release the new Dura-ace, Ultegra and 105 (yes 105) groupsets in Di2 versions, probably in the next weeks, all together. And probably only on Di2 versions, no more room for new mechanical groupsets; which is normal IMHO, as they do not have anything better to offer. BMC left some empty spots in its lineup for these new Shimano configurations, which easily matches with the new three groupsets mentioned before if you look at the prices and where those empty spots are located in the lineup.
On the other hand, BMC took advantage of that, and has decided to increase their prices for same bikes configurations, around 500$ and above between 2021 and 2022 models, you never know how expensive new paints can be in 2022 :roll: LOL. Is this industry ever going to stop cheating customers?
So you're basing Shimano's entire groupset plan on the projections for one model of one brand?? :lol:

105 di2 isn't going to happen. And they're not getting rid of mechanical, there are far more bikes sold with mechanical than electronic groupsets.

Hectorsanzv

by Hectorsanzv

rides4beer wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:16 am
Hectorsanzv wrote:
So you're basing Shimano's entire groupset plan on the projections for one model of one brand?? :lol:

105 di2 isn't going to happen. And they're not getting rid of mechanical, there are far more bikes sold with mechanical than electronic groupsets.
I'm not saying they will get rid of mechanical, just that they are gonna release the 3 new groupsets as DI2 first now, and probably the mechanical updated version for the next year. We'll see

ALS

by ALS

I've be told by my man in the know that there will be no mechanical 12speed but they will maintain 11s mechanical. There will be rim brakes still though..

Toybota

by Toybota

ALS wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 pm
I've be told by my man in the know that there will be no mechanical 12speed but they will maintain 11s mechanical. There will be rim brakes still though..
Me too. Dura Ace=12 speed
Ultegra=11 speed

But who knows. lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com