Darimo Seatpost Compatibility with 7x10 Rail

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aquilinx

by aquilinx

I am currently using a darimo t2 seatpost. Recently I purchased a fizik adaptive saddle with 7x10mm rail and only when I tried to install the saddle onto the seatpost I found that the rail doesnt fit on the recess of the mount very well. I contacted the darimo customer service and their reply is just to push the rail in. But after close inspection the curvature on the rail and the recess dont match very well. I hope the picture illustrates the issue clear enough. My fingers are already applying some force on the system already. Please help!
Attachments
IMG-0705.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I think you should try tightening the saddle down. The cradle is carbon and will bend. Just see how it goes without putting any decent torque into the screws before it is fully settled.

Broady

by Broady

Looks like it would have to bend quite a bit, not sure how confident I'd be doing that...

Maddie

by Maddie

I'm sure that carbon plate will break if you simply push the rails in. I'd modify the guides from that plate carefully with a Dremel. The plate is available as a spare part from Darimo in case it breaks

jeho

by jeho

I currently have this fizik 7x10 adaptive seat on my darimo and yes, it require a little effort. The carbon cradle definitely does flex and fits it fine. Haven't had any issues for 3 months

aquilinx

by aquilinx

jeho wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:31 am
I currently have this fizik 7x10 adaptive seat on my darimo and yes, it require a little effort. The carbon cradle definitely does flex and fits it fine. Haven't had any issues for 3 months
Did you manage to push the rail all the way onto the recess of the carbon cradle and left no space between the mount and the rail?I did the pushing also but still theres a noticeable gap between the cradle and the rail.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com