Best water bottle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dj97223

by dj97223

I like the Elite NanoFly. Keeps drinks cool and is lightweight for an insulated bottle.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Try Zéfal Sense Pro, you will not regret. I came from Camelbak Podium (which is great) and had never looked back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Another vote for Elite.
Just ride ..

jphu

by jphu

abloc for looks. no bottle is gonna keep my water that much colder, longer.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

Llanberis wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:29 am
Try Zéfal Sense Pro, you will not regret. I came from Camelbak Podium (which is great) and had never looked back.
Thanks for the recommendation, just looked them up and they look really good. I will try 2x 800ml when summer comes around again (southern hemisphere).

Currently running 750ml purist bottles and they have been fine too.

sheldonsmith

by sheldonsmith

I have been happy with these. Look cool, functional top, dishwasher safe.

https://www.abloc.com

~ Sheldon

synchronicity

by synchronicity

+1 elite fly
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

Swannie

by Swannie

Camelbak podium leak unless you alway lock the mouth, crap.
Specialized leak.

+ 1 for elite fly, they are the first i own that have never leaked.

MoPho

by MoPho

Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 pm
The insulated bottles are useless and really don't make any difference to the temp of the liquid after 30 minutes.
I've seen a YouTube vid of GP lama who tested bottle colour and swapping to white makes a bigger difference.

I've used a bunch of bottles and now settle for elite crono or elite fly weight in clear to dice the scratches.

That has not been my experience at all, the Camelbak insulated bottles I've been using make a really big difference.

I searched for GP Lama video and found this one that concluded that the insulated bottle was much better

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

MoPho wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 am
Steve Curtis wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 pm
The insulated bottles are useless and really don't make any difference to the temp of the liquid after 30 minutes.
I've seen a YouTube vid of GP lama who tested bottle colour and swapping to white makes a bigger difference.

I've used a bunch of bottles and now settle for elite crono or elite fly weight in clear to dice the scratches.

That has not been my experience at all, the Camelbak insulated bottles I've been using make a really big difference.

I searched for GP Lama video and found this one that concluded that the insulated bottle was much better

Mainly because it's silver and not black. Colour has a much bigger impact than the elite thermal bottles in my experience.
If you like them, keep buying them

propellerhead92

by propellerhead92

Tacx shanti - the twist top is awesome, and the membrane works really well - i'm a fan of bottles where you don't need your teeth.

SCJKJ

by SCJKJ

https://www.amazon.nl/Elite-Drinkfles-C ... 2297&psc=1

These are 950ml, so pretty big, and don't leak at all. Just clean them out right after your ride if you use some kind of sports drink or they'll take over the colour of the drink. Not a big problem but maybe that interests you. Pretty much any Elite bottle doesn't leak in my experience.

https://www.bikeinn.com/fiets/sis-easy- ... lsrc=aw.ds

These, or any by SiS are also really good.

In my experience these styles of tops like SiS and Elite, never leak whereas those by Tacx(and a whole lot of others like this: https://www.holokolo.com/women/accessor ... gLmN_D_BwE ) definitely do leak a lot.

Hope that helps you!

MoPho

by MoPho

Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 am

Mainly because it's silver and not black. Colour has a much bigger impact than the elite thermal bottles in my experience.
If you like them, keep buying them

Except the video shows there was not that big of a difference (5 degrees) between the white and black bottles he tested and there was a much bigger difference (17 degrees) between the thermal and non thermal. While you could argue that he used different sizes and the lesser volume of the small bottles would heat up faster, the big black bottle was the same temp as the small black, so it would appear it doesn't make that big of a difference. :noidea:

I have used many different color Purist bottles (and some other brands) in hot weather and the water gets really warm within like 20 minutes, even with ice in the bottle. My Camelbak bottles will stay pretty cool for an hour or more and still quite drinkable even after the 2nd hour.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

I was really keen to try the Abloc bottles but paying $79 for 2x 550ml and 2x 750ml is just crazy. :o
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lenfaki

by Lenfaki

Very happy with my Camelbak Podiums, best I've tried so far. No issues with leaking and easy to clean.