Best water bottle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lord_brush

by lord_brush

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:21 pm
Not for me no
Me neither- been using the Shanti for a while now and they don't leak at all.

A combination of the twist-lock, and the valve make them very water-tight. Even unlocked, the valve prevents leakage. The only thing you sometimes have to be aware of is if you use the twist-lock, the first time you unlock it, you can get a bit of pressure/ gas build-up if you've used an effervescent tablet. I guess it's a good indication of how tight they are....
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SamD

by SamD

I actually wonder whether Tacx, which is owned by Garmin now, will continue to produce bottles as it is so far removed from the core business of Garmin. Anybody heard anything about this? I was curious about trying the Shanti Twist because of this thread, but they seem pretty hard to find, albeit that is not really an indication of anything anymore because of you-know-what :wink:

Discodan

by Discodan

FWIW I have both black and clear fly 950's and before their first use I put a layer of black duct tape and clear packing tape on the respective bottle (bottom half only). So far, a few months, it's done a great job of preventing any scuffing and still looks close to new. Once it's scuffed up I'll just replace it
req110 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 am
I have the 950ml Elite Fly too, and as you say it's very soft, it matters because

- easy to scratch extremely soon
- if loaded fully it can drop from bontrager XXX bottle cages or other "less secure" cages

req110

by req110

I did something similar, but then it's too tight for my other bottle cages :)
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p