Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Yoln

by Yoln

Butcher wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:11 pm
I just purchased two Miche 12 speed cassettes. 14/29 and 16/29. Pairing them up with my 55/42. Still waiting for my EPS12 groupset to arrive at Branford Bike.

Maybe I should purchase a Miche 11 speed and start playing around.
55/42 with 16/29, that's interesting to say the least! What do you use it for. Since you can't really climb anything crazy and can't sprint at all. I'd assume it's for your TT bike with very small umps between gears?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I like a tight ratio cassette. I've experimented with a 42/29 on my EPS11 and find that will work for any climbs I have around here. Most are less than 8% and are not very long [mile or two at the most]. Although, I disliked the spacing on that cassette, it was acceptable. I have not tried the 55/14 but on a calculator, it seems like it would be acceptable on any flats with my power. I would spin out on any steep decends, but I'm ok with that.

There are mountain passes around here and I have a semi compact or maybe even switch my rings out for a standard set up. Either way, I'm not a fan of what Campagnolo has to offer and was holding back on the EPS12 until they offered something more. It seems like that will never happen. If someone made a 12/27, I would be on board with that.

Not that I'm rich, but I got enough money to play with something until I get what I want. Sadly, no amount of money is going to get my last bits from Campagnolo to show up sooner. I heard Dura Ace 12sp may come out with an 11/28 and maybe someone will offer a 12/28 in that spacing. Either way, there are over 270 pages of rumors and nonsense on when that may happen.

Shameless plug for Malcolm who patiently answered all my stupid questions and had a Miche 12 14/29 in stock. Well, he had one.
https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I wonder if the next-gen road groups will add 9 and 10 tooth cogs to the cassette.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

jwest

by jwest

Butcher wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:39 pm
A close ratio 12 speed cassette would be cool.
I'd buy2 12-23 super record grade cassettes in a moment if they existed. a 13-24 straight block would also be cool. I'd even be pretty thrilled with something like a 12-27 which would slot in one more single step cog in the sweet zone.

I have a few 10s 13-26 and i suppose the 12s 12-29 is basically that set plus one on each end.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I heard a rumor they are working hard on a semi wireless system too.

micky

by micky

I bet they are working on it for long time, but Campagnolo seems to always take longer than others.

For those interested, my Edco 12s 11/29 cassette is exactly 179 gramms including lockring.

Lina

by Lina

So Campagnolo were the first to 10, 11, 12 speed, have introduced god knows how may innovations, released electronic shifting to consumers the same year as Shimano but they're always taking longer than others?

usr

by usr

Lina wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:29 pm
So Campagnolo were the first to 10, 11, 12 speed, have introduced god knows how may innovations, released electronic shifting to consumers the same year as Shimano but they're always taking longer than others?
They did have a bit of a head-start, that must be what they are talking about, I'm sure of it ;)

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

Perhaps slightly OT, but to the posters in here: if you woke up tomorrow and suddenly found yourself in Vicenza running Campag, what would your next steps be?

Miller

by Miller

I'd order my minions to bring me a coffee and a fancy bike kitted out with EPS 12v.
Is that what you meant?

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Definitely some fine espresso. Then most likely proceed with what they are already doing with their factories already maxed out at 110% production: more Ekar gruppos, keep working on the successor to EPS...
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

Miller wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 pm
I'd order my minions to bring me a coffee and a fancy bike kitted out with EPS 12v.
Is that what you meant?
I was thinking of antipasti, tbf

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Did you know that inhabitants form Vicenza are jokingly known as “cat eaters” by the rest of Italy?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

tomato

by tomato

raggedtrousers wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm
Perhaps slightly OT, but to the posters in here: if you woke up tomorrow and suddenly found yourself in Vicenza running Campag, what would your next steps be?
Learn Italian.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

raggedtrousers wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm
I'd get ready for the eventual sunset of mechanical with a "last edition" portfolio of two groups, one serving the friends of polished aluminum but with full functionality (ultrashift!) and the other going all in on carbon and titanium. Intermediate price points optional, might be better to focus that attention on electronic (not because I like electronic, but because more and more frames are released electronic only).

On the electronic side, embrace it with wireless on the Veloce/Centaur level, no matter how many corners need to be cut: buying decisions in that price range are often based on fear of future regret and an incumbent technology on its way out like mechanical causes quite a lot of that.
Last edited by usr on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.