Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

micky wrote:Back to the original topic, I fear the loss of a main pro team sponsorship like UAE means there's no real news for the near future.
Are BMC carrying on with Campagnolo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

micky wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:33 am
Back to the original topic, I fear the loss of a main pro team sponsorship like UAE means there's no real news for the near future.
Why? UAE have moved to a groupset that finally caught up with the other two 12 speed providers. It just means Shimano offered more money than Campagnolo. Money talks. It's got nothing to do with new or future tech.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rollinslow

by rollinslow

I noticed that one of the largest Campy retailers in the USA is heavily discounting EPS12 currently. Maybe they know something is coming soon?
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

David12345

by David12345

rollinslow wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am
I noticed that one of the largest Campy retailers in the USA is heavily discounting EPS12 currently. Maybe they know something is coming soon?
Also curious, I hope it will include a Chorus level electronic groupset. Not even because I like electronic shifting that much, but because I find it much easier to reach a EPS style thumb shifter in the drops compared to the regular mechanical one. Right now the only two choices for people like me are very cheap 11 speed Centaur or extremely expensive 12 speed SR with nothing in between, that seems kinda silly.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

David12345 wrote:
rollinslow wrote:
Also curious, I hope it will include a Chorus level electronic groupset. Not even because I like electronic shifting that much, but because I find it much easier to reach a EPS style thumb shifter in the drops compared to the regular mechanical one. Right now the only two choices for people like me are very cheap 11 speed Centaur or extremely expensive 12 speed SR with nothing in between, that seems kinda silly.
Don’t hold your breath. Campag will not be bringing out a Chorus level EPS group out.

What they will more than likely do is introduce an EPS version of Ekar.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:46 am
David12345 wrote:
rollinslow wrote:
Don’t hold your breath. Campag will not be bringing out a Chorus level EPS group out.

Any insight into timeframe on Ekar?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

rollinslow wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
David12345 wrote:
rollinslow wrote:

Any insight into timeframe on Ekar?
Nope. I suspect they’ll first sort next gen SR EPS then look to Ekar.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

ultimobici wrote:
David12345 wrote:
rollinslow wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk\
Electronic makes zero sense for a 1X setup in my mind. The shifting difference there is non existent. It is the front where there is a big difference. I think you are more likely to see incorporation of the EKAR tumb shifting in the road line up.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

Currently the Classified hubs are 11-speed, and if the rumours are correct, and Campagnolo are indeed working with them, then I'd expect a 12 or 13 speed Classified hybrid at some point.

But as pointed out above, I reckon a new SR electronic system is going to be released first. I also have a feeling the name 'EPS' will be scrubbed.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Argument for Ekar electronic first is that Ekar is the money maker for Campy groupsets currently.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

I’ve heard new eps will be released end of 2023. 12 speed, fully wireless. If that’s true I suppose we’ll start to see prototypes in racing next year.

robertbb

by robertbb

How could it be fully wireless, isn't that a SRAM patent?

Cemicar

by Cemicar

robertbb wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:33 pm
How could it be fully wireless, isn't that a SRAM patent?
Since when? SRAM isn't even the first to release a wireless derailleur. Could we really get a patent for such a broad concept (rather than how to implement it)?

Campagnolo seems to have multiple patents for derailleurs with both romoval/non-removal batteries.
https://road.cc/content/tech-news/campa ... set-293735
https://cyclingtips.com/2021/02/is-camp ... -wireless/

Shmitt

by Shmitt

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:42 am
I’ve heard new eps will be released end of 2023. 12 speed, fully wireless. If that’s true I suppose we’ll start to see prototypes in racing next year.
When any of the companies presents wireless brakes, it will be a breakthrough in technology.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

I spoke to a campy rep at the rouleur classic today. He confirmed the approx timeline, 12 speed but wouldn’t confirm wireless or semi wireless. He did confirm that the hood size on the disk hoods will stay the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com