Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

usr wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:53 am
BrianAllan wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:42 pm
If I want to ride campy on my next bike, and that bike is disc, do I go with Superecord disc EPS, or is the size of the mechanical shift/hydro disc hoods acceptable?
I think it's the same? I'd be very tempted if they would use the opportunity of hydro+electronic to move the volumes required for hydro in the space previously occupied by ultrashift, but I stopped getting my hopes up. Plenty of people seem to actually *like* the "bigger than your bars" controls, unfortunately.
They are quite comfy and not that big. I don't really notice a difference between my Mechanical Disc Campy and Rim Brake Campy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

I ride a *lot* in "palms atop top of hoods" position and that is completely ruined by anything bigger than 11s/12s rim ergopower. Ergonomics is a very personal thing. On rentals with Shimano, I even got pain in the hands because the hoods "fit so well", in exactly one position that ended up very uninviting wrt variations. Some people absolutely love to have that one position if that position is good, no doubt about that, but for me it's all about subtle variations. And those subtle variations get lost on hydro (and they *are* big, maybe not at big as some ancient 105 but that can't be the reference)

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

New Campag wheels spotted at the Giro yesterday. Appear to be designed with being lightweight in mind what with the spoke pattern and the fact they were tubular:

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/05/spotted ... blockhaus/

Interestingly they've got a wider rim as well, assuming there's a clincher version these look like they could be excellent all round wheels for a rider who wish to use 28mm+ tyres.

BigPoser

by BigPoser

Damn Cycling Tips article limit!!

AJS914

by AJS914

For some reason, I never see the Cyclingtips article limits. I use uBlock Origin but I thought that was only a pop-up blocker. I'm also signed in on Cyclingtips but I never signed up for premium.

usr

by usr

So, basically Levante Ultra (internal nipples). What I find almost disturbing is that little step a few millimeters next to the spoke holes that seems to be visible as a reflection ring on the first picture. I don't think that this is the similarity to DT the writer is mentioning? Can't find anything like that on the DT pictures. Is this the second coming of SLG?

(also slightly saddened by the disappearance of 3G, but I know I should not be, because I only really liked 3G in its rear-only incarnation, when it created that delightfully bold "this wheel is where the action happens!" asymmetry)

usr

by usr

Oh, and allow me to doubt the tubular part of the article: to my eyes it looks as if I see a nut on the valve stem, the telltale sign of tubeless. On the other hand, the rule 40 violation seems consistent with how Pirelli sells tubulars (based on a quick Google image search, valve in the area of the cardboard packaging thingy, logo printed on the tire so that it's not obscured by the cardboard, how dare they ;) )

chorus88

by chorus88

CampagYOLO wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 pm
New Campag wheels spotted at the Giro yesterday. Appear to be designed with being lightweight in mind what with the spoke pattern and the fact they were tubular:

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/05/spotted ... blockhaus/

Interestingly they've got a wider rim as well, assuming there's a clincher version these look like they could be excellent all round wheels for a rider who wish to use 28mm+ tyres.
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

g00se

by g00se

BigPoser wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:28 pm
Damn Cycling Tips article limit!!
Use incognito mode - the current article mount is held in a cookie.

NMvelo

by NMvelo

I have been doing road tubeless for many years. Have mounted Shimano , Enve, Zipp, DT Swiss and others.
My Campy Bora WTO tlr 33’s are the easiest I have ever tried.
Put Pirelli PZero Race tlr on by hand and pump them up with a track pump. I don’t even have to take out the valve core. So nice !

moock

by moock

Thinking about to get a Chorus Groupo with p2m Campagnolo. How future proof would be the crankset for next generation 12 speed? or 13 speed? I dont want to buy a 1400€PM which wont be compatible with at least the next gen.. Thoughts?

usr

by usr

If futureproof is your main concern, why bother with a crank PM? The pedal thread hasn't seen much change ever since the Wright brothers allegedly introduced the self-tightening reverse left and I don't see a reason to expect a change any time soon. You wouldn't find many bikes at L'Heroica that can't fit Assioma or Rally.

gorkypl

by gorkypl

There is nothing certain about next Campagnolo road groupset. Maybe 13s will remain a 1x solution, maybe there will be 2x13 without FD and something like Classified rear hub, or maybe we will see 12s with same cranks but but new electric shifting.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

moock

by moock

usr wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:39 pm
If futureproof is your main concern, why bother with a crank PM? The pedal thread hasn't seen much change ever since the Wright brothers allegedly introduced the self-tightening reverse left and I don't see a reason to expect a change any time soon. You wouldn't find many bikes at L'Heroica that can't fit Assioma or Rally.
but i prefer durabilitie and especially the low stack height from DA

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

gorkypl wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:21 pm
There is nothing certain about next Campagnolo road groupset. Maybe 13s will remain a 1x solution, maybe there will be 2x13 without FD and something like Classified rear hub, or maybe we will see 12s with same cranks but but new electric shifting.
This has been commented on forums by someone who would know.

No changes to Campy 12s road for the forseeable future.

All same-same except for wireless EPS SR *sometime* next year.