Help choosing new aero bike

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Geehee

by Geehee

cfrankscid wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 am
I ended up ordering a Cervelo S series, base Ultegra. I wouldn't ride this bike without a wheelset upgrade, however. With proper wheels (I'm adding Roval Rapide CLXs) and proper Aero Bars (I'm going with Enve ses Aero) and a slammed stem (geo is pretty upright) this is a relatively inexpensive aero bike (about 7400 usd before you sell extra wheels/bar) that will kick some serious ass. I've had a few Cervelos and always had great luck with them.

If you can ride it with the stock wheels for a while and then eventually upgrade I think it's a great choice.
Interesting that youve mentioned this. The Cervelo s series is still in my considerations at the moment. The rims (Reserve 50mm) on the di2 version seem on the heavy side anyway, so ultegra mech version with a wheel upgrade may be the better option. Even wiggles own prime rims at a quick glance are cheaper and significantly lighter.

Oh and I am a big fan of the chameleon colour scheme!
2021 Merida Reacto Force edition.....waiting
2016 Giant TCR Advanced 1
2010 Avanti Cadent 1.0

by Weenie

Geehee

by Geehee

cfrankscid wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 am
I ended up ordering a Cervelo S series, base Ultegra. I wouldn't ride this bike without a wheelset upgrade, however. With proper wheels (I'm adding Roval Rapide CLXs) and proper Aero Bars (I'm going with Enve ses Aero) and a slammed stem (geo is pretty upright) this is a relatively inexpensive aero bike (about 7400 usd before you sell extra wheels/bar) that will kick some serious ass. I've had a few Cervelos and always had great luck with them.

If you can ride it with the stock wheels for a while and then eventually upgrade I think it's a great choice.
Interesting that youve mentioned this. The Cervelo s series is still in my considerations at the moment. The rims (Reserve 50mm) on the di2 version seem on the heavy side anyway, so ultegra mech version with a wheel upgrade may be the better option. Even wiggles own prime rims at a quick glance are cheaper and significantly lighter.

Oh and I am a big fan of the chameleon colour scheme!
2010 Avanti Cadent 1.0

Geehee

by Geehee

Ended up going with a Reacto force edition.For 6500 AUD, you get deep rims, electronic shifting, lifetime warranty, cable integration, and uniqueness (believe it or not), it was too good to pass up. As much as I'd love a trek, Cervelo or scott, the value for money just isn't there.

8.17kg. To get sub 8kg, next upgrades will be replacing the aluminium handlebars and stem,and wheelset.
2010 Avanti Cadent 1.0