2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

DHG01 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am
Addict15 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:01 pm
New cannondale CX and SE are out:
https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... six-evo-cx
https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... six-evo-se

Not too sure about the colours on the SE, but the frames look good :D
Interesting: SuperSix SE seems same as SuperX?
Canondale have reduced number of sizes (that's a pity) and bikes are now smaller (at least in size 54).
It is exactly the same frame.

DHG01

by DHG01

pmprego wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 pm
DHG01 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am
Addict15 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:01 pm
New cannondale CX and SE are out:
https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... six-evo-cx
https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... six-evo-se

Not too sure about the colours on the SE, but the frames look good :D
Interesting: SuperSix SE seems same as SuperX?
Canondale have reduced number of sizes (that's a pity) and bikes are now smaller (at least in size 54).
It is exactly the same frame.
Thanks - makes sense.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lakal

by Lakal

New Cipollini Ad.One seems to be unveiled next week at Eurobike. Looks like an updated disc version of the old "The One" rim brake bike with some new features.
Very aggressive geometry: https://www.mcipollini.com/bikes/ad-one/

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Lakal wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:24 pm
New Cipollini Ad.One seems to be unveiled next week at Eurobike. Looks like an updated disc version of the old "The One" rim brake bike with some new features.
Hm, this frame looks to edgy and square. And with the stem on, it will only look ok if we have zero spacers.
It reminds me of the latest Propel and Ridley Noah. They look horrible with spacers underneath.
I just don't get these super low and really long frames. I guess some people are super fit :noidea:
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

pmprego

by pmprego

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:57 pm
Lakal wrote:
Hm, this frame looks to edgy and square. And with the stem on, it will only look ok if we have zero spacers.
It reminds me of the latest Propel and Ridley Noah. They look horrible with spacers underneath.
I just don't get these super low and really long frames. I guess some people are super fit :noidea:
They have to be more than fit. Either they just accept it will hurt (let's think about a 40min crit or so) or they are body proportions freaks (by this I mean, outliers - I'm supposed to have less 2cm of arm span that what my height would suggest but there are people on the opposite side of the sprectrum). Nonetheless, from a business perspective, making a product that targets a very small proportion of people (when they could easily target a bigger set) is weird.

But I'm a guy waiting for a liv langma sl to try because for me that's the best all-round geometry I've seen lately. But when I say I'm trying to test a women's bike people tell me something ia weong with me. :noidea:

Midstar

by Midstar

Most girls riding a normal (man) bike.
There should be no difference between the 2, maybe only colors and saddle

pmprego

by pmprego

Midstar wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Their marketing material says the stifness of the bike is specifically though out for women weight and so on. They also claim to be a number i dont remember stiffer than the tarmac sl7 and slightly less than the trek emonda. I've also read reviews saying "its really comfortable, bike for those long days on the saddle" and others saying "stiff as a board, very race but dont go looking for confort here". :noidea:

I'm no heavyweight (68kg) but still above what a women generally weights. I don't expect it to be a problem but want to try it first. I even like the bronze style color.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

pmprego wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:30 pm
Midstar wrote:
Their marketing material says the stifness of the bike is specifically though out for women weight and so on. They also claim to be a number i dont remember stiffer than the tarmac sl7 and slightly less than the trek emonda. I've also read reviews saying "its really comfortable, bike for those long days on the saddle" and others saying "stiff as a board, very race but dont go looking for confort here". :noidea:

I'm no heavyweight (68kg) but still above what a women generally weights. I don't expect it to be a problem but want to try it first. I even like the bronze style color.
What size? Why do you think this model is suited for you?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

pmprego

by pmprego

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:39 pm
pmprego wrote:
Midstar wrote:

It has the steep seat angle (74°) that I need to have the saddle centered on the rails (I usually have to ride it way forward to achive the setback that better fits me).

I usually dont go for totally slammed mainly to have future options mostly resale options. I aim for around 20mm of spacers. The reach if 382mm (with a ht angle of 72.5) which allows me to go for a 100-110mm stem depending on the handlebar that i end up choosing.

Basically every bike that I see has a 72.5 to 73.5 st angle in my size and a reach that is 10mm longer. In the end is a 15 to 20mm difference in total length from saddle to bar. This to stray away from the endurance bike that usually does not favor such a racy feeling.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

pmprego wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 pm
This to stray away from the endurance bike that usually does not favor such a racy feeling.
This is why I bought a Canyon Endurace as a training bike
In my size (small, equivalent to a 54 in other brands) the Endurace is 11mm taller and 9 mm shorter than an Ultimate
Not a lot, but enough that it makes it a comfortable bike for longer training rides

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

pmprego wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:39 pm
pmprego wrote:
Midstar wrote:

It has the steep seat angle (74°) that I need to have the saddle centered on the rails (I usually have to ride it way forward to achive the setback that better fits me).

I usually dont go for totally slammed mainly to have future options mostly resale options. I aim for around 20mm of spacers. The reach if 382mm (with a ht angle of 72.5) which allows me to go for a 100-110mm stem depending on the handlebar that i end up choosing.

Basically every bike that I see has a 72.5 to 73.5 st angle in my size and a reach that is 10mm longer. In the end is a 15 to 20mm difference in total length from saddle to bar. This to stray away from the endurance bike that usually does not favor such a racy feeling.
Aha, well, such a forward seat tube i guess you only would find on very few frames. Otherwise i would suggest Ax Vial EVO Race (rim brake) or Vial EVO Disc.
They are more close to endurance fit. I do agree that most frames have a bit too long reach. Well, you can always ride them with a shorter cockpit reach, but then again, that's also affecting steering speed and stability. Personally i would like to go for a custom made next bike. But i doubt i can afford it these days.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Konsi

by Konsi

pmprego wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:31 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Lakal wrote:
They have to be more than fit. Either they just accept it will hurt (let's think about a 40min crit or so) or they are body proportions freaks (by this I mean, outliers - I'm supposed to have less 2cm of arm span that what my height would suggest but there are people on the opposite side of the sprectrum). Nonetheless, from a business perspective, making a product that targets a very small proportion of people (when they could easily target a bigger set) is weird.

But I'm a guy waiting for a liv langma sl to try because for me that's the best all-round geometry I've seen lately. But when I say I'm trying to test a women's bike people tell me something ia weong with me. :noidea:
I am on the other end of said spectrum (+9cm armspan), and most frames are too high (stack) for my preferred position. I don't know how this pans out statistically, but doesn't it seem easier to add spacers to a low frame than offering a -25degree integrated barstem?

pmprego

by pmprego

Konsi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:58 am
pmprego wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
Lakal wrote:

I am on the other end of said spectrum (+9cm armspan), and most frames are too high (stack) for my preferred position. I don't know how this pans out statistically, but doesn't it seem easier to add spacers to a low frame than offering a -25degree integrated barstem?
Man... you should try rock climbing. Armspan is usually a good predictor of performance.

W.r.t. you -25º baestem I dind't understand it. :?:

Konsi

by Konsi

pmprego wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:49 pm
Konsi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:58 am
pmprego wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:

Man... you should try rock climbing. Armspan is usually a good predictor of performance.

W.r.t. you -25º baestem I dind't understand it. :?:
Rock climbing is why I found out about my arm span ;)

I meant that having a low stack can be corrected to some extent with spacers, a too high one would need a -20 or -25 degree stem, and most new bikes come with an integrated barstem, so brands would need to offer that (or stick to a lower stack) to make it work for people like me.

pmprego

by pmprego

Konsi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:38 pm
Rock climbing is why I found out about my arm span ;)

I meant that having a low stack can be corrected to some extent with spacers, a too high one would need a -20 or -25 degree stem, and most new bikes come with an integrated barstem, so brands would need to offer that (or stick to a lower stack) to make it work for people like me.
But you are a real outlier. +9cm armspan is really something. It's hard to account for that without going custom as @wheelsonfire said.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com