2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Konsi

by Konsi

Hello,

As there is little of the 2021 models still available, I am wondering if there are any rumours circulating about which new frames/next gen of existing frames we might see for the 2022 season (I don't care that much about whether it has the new or old Shimano groups).

From what I heard so far, Scott is likely bringing the next gen of the Addict (non-RC, their endurance model), with Foil getting updated just for this year, I think it will remain unchanged (except for colours, which are really nice this year, hence I would take a Foil 10 medium frameset in a second if there was any stock left).

Cannondale seems to be testing a new TT bike (there were photos on the forum already).

But what else can we expect in terms of new and updated frames?

Best

Konstantin

Yoln

by Yoln

2022 means Colnago 68th year in business if I'm correct -> Colnago C68 !
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mgrl

by mgrl

Canyon have a new model of the Endurace in the works (the seatpost patent from last summer that everyone was talking about for some reason a few weeks ago was confirmed to be for the Endurace), and given the similarities between the two currently that might mean a new Ultimate

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Id expect Canyon to release a new Endurace model for 2022 for several reasons
1. Its their oldest model currently on sale
2. The s shaped seat post is apparently for the new Endurace, not the Aeroad
3. When I tried to look at stock for a friend their website said the model was sold out and being replaced
4. I bought one late last year for a training bike which means that it will be guaranteed to be updated and knowing my luck the new model wil be available as a CFR and will be nice and aero too....probably too good for a training bike though

Cycomanic

by Cycomanic

Andrew69 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:04 pm
Id expect Canyon to release a new Endurace model for 2022 for several reasons
1. Its their oldest model currently on sale
2. The s shaped seat post is apparently for the new Endurace, not the Aeroad
3. When I tried to look at stock for a friend their website said the model was sold out and being replaced
4. I bought one late last year for a training bike which means that it will be guaranteed to be updated and knowing my luck the new model wil be available as a CFR and will be nice and aero too....probably too good for a training bike though
My god, Canyon is really going for the odd complex over-engineered solutions instead of simple designs (e.g. use Merida Reacto's design instead of the Aeroad solution). As if it hasn't bitten them in the bum by now. I really liked them and was seriously considering to get a Canyon, but I really don't want to be a beta tester for something that one of their engineers came up with, without thinking it through.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cycomanic wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:37 pm

My god, Canyon is really going for the odd complex over-engineered solutions instead of simple designs (e.g. use Merida Reacto's design instead of the Aeroad solution). As if it hasn't bitten them in the bum by now. I really liked them and was seriously considering to get a Canyon, but I really don't want to be a beta tester for something that one of their engineers came up with, without thinking it through.

That's the thing Canyon's Aeroad and proposed Endurace seatpost designs aren't overengineered for what they are...they're neither here nor there.

Simple would be a traditional seatpost.

Overengineered would be Trek's IsoSpeed with an additional structural member elastomers, pivots, sizeable clamps/wedges, etc. There's a reason why the Madone seatpost clamp uses two bolts instead of one.

Either works, just don't compromise.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

2022 will bring a new Cervelo R5 and Bianchi Oltre XR5.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Time might have a new frame to compliment Alpe D'Huez. My guess is an updated Skylon with lower drag.
Last edited by openwheelracing on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Pinarello F14?
Pinarello K10 successor?
Bianche Oltre XR5
Giant Trinity Disc?
Trek Speedconcept Disc?
Pinarello Bolide TT Disc?
Colnago Kone Disxc?
Cube Aeriun Disc?

Can't really see these age old rimbrake bikes be made for another year. Don't know if Pinarello will release a K10 successor with Paris Roubaix still questionable, but that bike is outdated as well.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Andrew69

by Andrew69

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am
Trek Speedconcept Disc?
Trek have said that they arent going to bother to release a "new" SC just for the sake of releasing a new bike unless it is a substantial improvement on the current bike and seeing as how the current version is still competitive with the current crop of "superbikes" we may be waiting a while for a new SC

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

With Trek apparently releasing a 75mm version of their RSL wheels, that are Disc only, I really see them on a speed concept...
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Are we not due a new Cannondale Synapse?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

sigma

by sigma

I have heard Cannondale will release an evo-x. Basically supersix with wider tire clearance.
Cervelo new R5 should be out this year too as well as a new cross bike potentially
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

Shrike

by Shrike

R5 on dropped stays.

Will be interesting to see if anyone follows Spesh’s lead and consolidates the road bike range. I’m thinking maybe not because there are new design changes possible with the UCI update recently, so some more features to squeeze a stray watt or two out of there and keep the pure aero category open, for now at least.

I think we are at the point now though where you can tell if a road bike is being gimped to not cannibalise its aero flagship. Just looks cynical if a road bike doesn’t have a strong aero feature set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Yoln wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:49 pm
2022 means Colnago 68th year in business if I'm correct -> Colnago C68 !
That would be both super and terrible since I only just got my 2021 C64 this past December. :lol:
Last edited by ms6073 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"