2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maquisard

by maquisard

yes, but even if the battery is a rectangular block it could be concealed behind a removeable panel in the downtube.

This looks terrible. On a wet or ride with mud it will get mud and grits trapped around it. Terrible design.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I agree, good idea, terrible execution

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Struggle to believe the inventors of modern integration failed in integrating a battery… also curious on the electrical wires setup.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:24 pm
Struggle to believe the inventors of modern integration failed in integrating a battery… also curious on the electrical wires setup.

I think the intent was quick swaps rather than full integration. Given how terrible the runtime numbers are, anyone using these lights for light touring is going to need to pack an extra battery or two.

njleach

by njleach

C36 wrote:
They just need to release a Hi-Mod version with a Dynamo

overdriven98

by overdriven98

Cdale just being typical Cdal, everything are half bake without well thought thru
Poor battery life - it pretty much inline with mount on light, what's the point of having a delicated battery for it?!
Poor integration - It basically just 2 wire to the light and a battery with a little apps, and they have the balls to call it "tech", it's a joke.

What about hiding the battery, have a charging port, outlet for computer at the stem, outlet for whatever at barend?!
And yea, I still remember the crap steering stoper, ugly "integrated" spacer, up in the wind computer mount for aero bike......

Now I start to understand why Cdale fail on motocross all those years ago, with their skullful execution they will never make it in automotive business, people don't buy marketing bs in automotive

overdriven98

by overdriven98

C36 wrote:
most likely a cost measure issue, more parts = more cost
And have the balls to call it "tech"....
less enginerring and more marketing

IchDien

by IchDien

overdriven98 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am
Cdale just being typical Cdal, everything are half bake without well thought thru
Poor battery life - it pretty much inline with mount on light, what's the point of having a delicated battery for it?!
Poor integration - It basically just 2 wire to the light and a battery with a little apps, and they have the balls to call it "tech", it's a joke.

What about hiding the battery, have a charging port, outlet for computer at the stem, outlet for whatever at barend?!
And yea, I still remember the crap steering stoper, ugly "integrated" spacer, up in the wind computer mount for aero bike......

Now I start to understand why Cdale fail on motocross all those years ago, with their skullful execution they will never make it in automotive business, people don't buy marketing bs in automotive
What's the battery life?

overdriven98

by overdriven98

IchDien wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 am
overdriven98 wrote:

What's the battery life?
2hr when full on, that pretty much the same with most decent light out there, so you not really getting extra from the brick(if you count that crapy app on the brick, on top of it, they collecting your data from it as well...)

maquisard

by maquisard

I do not understand this integration.

I have a good self contained Exposure Strada light and small Bontrager Front on my bars and a small Bontrager Rear light. I keep the rear light on the bike at all times. The Strada is only used when it is dark and I ride into the night, if not needed I unclip it to remove the weight and leave the small Bontrager front to be seen easily. I would not want such a big battery on the bike all the time.

IchDien

by IchDien

2 hours battery is awful...

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Not unless we know how many nits it's putting out. If it's a 2 hour flare...

Much more useful to talk Wh than hours

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Hopefully it can spur others for more integrated designs, aero front and rear lights etc through appropriate mounting systems.

Think Bontranger is ahead of the curve here.

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StevieB

by StevieB

overdriven98 wrote:

As an owner of a 2014 HiMod Synapse (the 1st Denk version) as well as a prior owner of one of the 1st gens, I'm also not feeling the new one. They started out as a pretty racy bike and evolved that way for a couple of generations, with Synapses being used in the Spring Classics by WT teams (Sagan won Ghent-Wevelgem on the Denk bike), but the latest one is very much a differently targeted bike, pointed more at the average rider who's out fighting car traffic on a regular basis. With the Supersix (along with lots of other race bikes) having enough tire clearance now to run 35's and WT guys like Lachlan Morton and Alex Howes using it even in gravel events like BWR, etc., I can see why the current design team would want to reposition the Synapse for another market segment. Not necessarily a wrong move for Cannondale, even if it means it no longer appeals to me. Suppose sales numbers will tell the tale of whether they chose right or not.

As for the motocross mistep from years ago, that was a big overreach done by a completely different company and team that ultimately led to the sale of the company and exit of the founders. I came up in motocross and knew they were in over their heads right off the bat. A ballsy move and an innovative bike, but they were up against giants with very deep pockets, in a hyper-competitive segment where performance is everything. The current Cannondale has virtually nothing in common with that one other than name.