2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

You won't be seeing that R5 any time soon:

“We need to bring it to the market in the next twelve months, but when exactly depends a lot on when we can assemble bikes,” Keeskamp said. “That’s a huge, huge issue. Normally, I would be able to tell you, ok, four months from now it’ll be available, but it’s simply impossible to tell you right now. With this sort of bike, you need a high-end gruppo, and that’s a serious problem, and also wheels and the right saddle. It’s not a fully set product yet so the name is still pending. But we will bring it to market as soon as possible because I think we have enough feedback from the team to be very confident that this is a great bike.”

In other words, you know the global bike parts shortage is bad when even a brand like Cervelo can’t secure enough supply to firmly plan a new bike launch date. And based on Keeskamp’s comment, it sounds like this new machine might not even be called an R5.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/04/primoz- ... -wallonne/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wrenegade

by wrenegade

Like the C-series going to Caledonia, they're probably looking at just giving the R-series an actual name.

gwilson

by gwilson

Trek is calling the Madone they are now selling with Rival eTap a 2022 model. Is that a sign we won't get a brand new Madone this year? Usually they're on a 3 year cycle and this would be the Madone's turn, but with the mini update they gave it last year and now a 2022 model I'm not so sure.

topt

by topt

Any news about will the italians ( Pinarello, Bianchi,Colnago) stick to rim brakes with new top end frames ?

guyc

by guyc

My guess is that this year will see very few new launches.

It's not like we're all riding around on crap bikes anyway.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

gwilson wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:09 pm
Trek is calling the Madone they are now selling with Rival eTap a 2022 model. Is that a sign we won't get a brand new Madone this year? Usually they're on a 3 year cycle and this would be the Madone's turn, but with the mini update they gave it last year and now a 2022 model I'm not so sure.
I am told there is no update on the Madone this year.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

topt wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 am
Any news about will the italians ( Pinarello, Bianchi,Colnago) stick to rim brakes with new top end frames ?
Haven't seen a single reliable information on a potential Pinarello F14, but I'd be very surprised if they get rid of the rim version. It's their GC, but also most aero bike. Nevertheless, it is pretty heavy compared to other GC bikes, and I am just not sure they are going to change that now.
Since a new dura Ace with more gears might not be lighter either, I just don't see a F14 disc to be anywhere near 7kg, and I am pretty sure IneosGrenadiers will not appreciate riding a 7.4kg bike on Mountain stages.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Usernamealex

by Usernamealex

I would like to see a new Giant Propel and Merida Scultura.

topt

by topt

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:28 am
topt wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 am
Haven't seen a single reliable information on a potential Pinarello F14, but I'd be very surprised if they get rid of the rim version. It's their GC, but also most aero bike. Nevertheless, it is pretty heavy compared to other GC bikes, and I am just not sure they are going to change that now.
Since a new dura Ace with more gears might not be lighter either, I just don't see a F14 disc to be anywhere near 7kg, and I am pretty sure IneosGrenadiers will not appreciate riding a 7.4kg bike on Mountain stages.
thanks, i really hope thats true, dont have any intentions chainging to disc; BTW Jumbo Visma has now also a lot of problems with weight of the Cervelo. Dont know how much weighs a cervelo climbing bike but the S5 is just insanely heavy and they are riding it a lot, Wouts s5 is 8,14kg which is crazy for a pro bike, he loses almost a whole kg against van der Poel
Last edited by topt on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topt

by topt

delete

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Which bike from Canyon is a kg lighter than the S5?
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

RDY

by RDY

I'd guess the SystemSix will be either heavily updated or replaced. Seems like they stopped orders / availability very early for the MY 21, relative to the SuperSix.

It's now around the time for Giant new model launches' usual window. Guess they may be delayed a month or 2, but there will be no more '21 Revolt stock or orders, Propel is old, and it'll be interesting to see if the TCR SL makes it through another year without integrated cabling. AFAIK the latest delivery for Giant '21 road stock will be August, and that is delayed rather than originally planned to be that late. So probably May - July launches?

topt

by topt

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm
Which bike from Canyon is a kg lighter than the S5?
aeroad,almost a kg

maquisard

by maquisard

But the S5 and Aeroad are genuinely aero bikes rather than the Pinarello rubbish with wavey seat stays and oddly formed frame shapes. Pinarello are terrible and holding back Ineos.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

maquisard wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:48 pm
But the S5 and Aeroad are genuinely aero bikes rather than the Pinarello rubbish with wavey seat stays and oddly formed frame shapes. Pinarello are terrible and holding back Ineos.
Wow, a comment that lacks any knowledge of aerodynamics and performance in cycling. Impressive. Or just Troll?
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com