2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 pm
What is sold out?
Have you any numbers?
Every bike brand in the world is making a small fraction of the bikes they would like to make this year because of manufacturing capacity issues and component shortages. Once supply is back to normal the seatpost and bar issues will have been forgotten.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Not really, manufacturers are making the same amount of bikes as last years, or even a bit more. The issue is that many shops ordered a lot more bikes than usual

MarginalChains

by MarginalChains

I wonder if we'll be seeing a Dogma F X-light, possibly for the Tour de France next year. History suggests we should, and although the F sheds a lot of weight over the F12, it's mostly in parts like the headset and seat post which still leaves room for the weight savings of the carbon layup like in previous x-lights.

ms6073

by ms6073

ome rodriguez wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:14 pm
I heard a C68 is coming out next year.
I sent an enquiry to Cicli Corsa regarding an out of stock size of the C64 disc in hte BRCD colorway and this was the response I got back in an email:
thank you very much for reaching out to us and for your interest, which is very appreciated.

Regarding your enquire about a Colnago C64, I want to share a news with you, it’s more of a rumor, but I think it is worth the e-mail.
There might be something new coming from Colnago by the end of the year; no concrete news was officially shared with us yet.

Answering your question, I would say that the frameset in size 52H will be available in the new model as soon as it is presented, hopefully in Spring 2022.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

cajer

by cajer

Are there any new aero bike rumors for the cervelo s5, madone slr, or venge?

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 1.56.01 PM.png
Looks like we may have a new S3 in the works. The S-Series (i.e. the S3) is now missing from Cervy's website
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

TourmaletteduFromage

by TourmaletteduFromage

R-Series as well. Could also be that they shift production and materials to the other bikes (which make a higher margin) as Cervelo currently has a real hard time supplying bikes (being worse than all other brands).

IchDien

by IchDien

ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:00 pm
Looks like we may have a new S3 in the works. The S-Series (i.e. the S3) is now missing from Cervy's website
Hasn't the S3 sort of been replaced by the Caledonia?

kervelo

by kervelo

That would be strange, because S3 and Caledonia are totally different bikes.

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

The Caledonia is more of a replacement for the R3 and C3/5. I'd be surprised if they ever release an updated S3.

Brands seem to be consalidating their line-ups the past couple of years, as there is a lot of overlap with the the laset iterations of bikes. All-road bikes (i.e. Calidonia) have replaced the endurance and mid-tier race line ups, and the "aero-optimized," yet lightweight, top-tier race bikes have given most customers very little reason to go for the full fledged aero bike

mrlobber

by mrlobber

kervelo wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:47 pm
That would be strange, because S3 and Caledonia are totally different bikes.
This was already covered here before - there won't be any new S series, nor R series bike. For road, Cervelo stays with S5, R5 and Caledonia only.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jakesnakes77

by jakesnakes77

ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
I was told by my shop that the S3 is discontinued. Cervelo pushing customers to either the S5 or R5 to simply the linup. :evil:

robeambro

by robeambro

A question. Lots of brands are simplifying their lineup by condensing their models (Specialized and Cervelo being the first, but not the only, who spring to mind). This is clear.

However, how much is due to a business decision (e.g. what's the point of many models if customers don't understand the differences, and if they do they can blur lines by swapping components), how much is a financial decision (ie cost-cutting), how much is a necessity due to the state of things (ie there's not enough groupsets and components to build enough units if there's too many models in the lineup)?

cajer

by cajer

jakesnakes77 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:39 pm
ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
I was told by my shop that the S3 is discontinued. Cervelo pushing customers to either the S5 or R5 to simply the linup. :evil:
Hopefully this means there's a new S5 coming soon with the revised UCI rules, as now they can devote more resources to it.

The newly refreshed TT and aero road bikes look really intresting. So I can't wait to see what Cervelo comes out with, as they've traditionally been the least afraid to try new things.

micky

by micky

What new UCI rules are there about road frames?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com