2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topt

by topt

any news about the new oltre ?

Cat6Barrister

by Cat6Barrister

topt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 pm
any news about the new oltre ?
+1.

I'm ready to go into credit card debt for this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Finn

by Finn

Any rumours on Trek Madone for 2023? Current generation was released in 2019 and while it isn't outdated I would be surprised if Trek wouldn't come out with new iteration in 2023.

Looking for the possible 2023 model as the availability of the current generation models is really shitty in my region. For example Madone SL6 estimated delivery date somewhere in Q3/2023 .

wwmon

by wwmon

What about Argon 18? I want to a buy a Krypton frame in the spring (earlier if possible) but no news on any updates.

IchDien

by IchDien

Also waiting to see what Canyon do with the Ultimate although I imagine that is massively on hold considering the fiasco that is the Aeroad.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

IchDien wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:13 am
Also waiting to see what Canyon do with the Ultimate although I imagine that is massively on hold considering the fiasco that is the Aeroad.
It would be interesting to see data, how much will Canyon lose (or have lost) in sales due to Aeroad problem!?
How much will it affect future sales and customer confidence?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

IchDien

by IchDien

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:50 am
IchDien wrote:
It would be interesting to see data, how much will Canyon lose (or have lost) in sales due to Aeroad problem!?
Maybe the new Ultimate will be their saving grace...who knows

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

IchDien wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:32 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
IchDien wrote:
Maybe the new Ultimate will be their saving grace...who knows
According to Belgian service center, new generation Ultimate and Endurace are expected just before 2022 Tour de France.

NLC86

by NLC86

Any update about the C64's successor?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

wheelsONfire wrote:
IchDien wrote:
Have you looked at their website? They're sold out of everything. You can't buy an Aeroad because they've all been bought already. By the time the supply chain's back to normal the bar and seatpost issues will have been forgotten.

WWerreWW

by WWerreWW

Any word on the Allez Sprint Disc? This bike hasn't been updated since model year 2019, way too long!

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

WWerreWW wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Any word on the Allez Sprint Disc? This bike hasn't been updated since model year 2019, way too long!
A lot of educated rumours about an alu SL7 but nothing has been seen in the flesh yet

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

NLC86 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:26 am
Any update about the C64's successor?
I heard a C68 is coming out next year.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:16 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
IchDien wrote:
Have you looked at their website? They're sold out of everything. You can't buy an Aeroad because they've all been bought already. By the time the supply chain's back to normal the bar and seatpost issues will have been forgotten.
What is sold out?
Have you any numbers?
If i have 100 bikes available all could have been pre-ordered, or?
Furthermore, i can also halt sales due to manufacturing problems and mark products as sold out.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:35 am
C36 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:57 am
RDY wrote: But seriously ... the toolbox / lunchbox being mounted under the downtube near the BB ...does the designer actually ride bikes? That's going to get horribly fouled any time the road is even slightly wet, and constantly pelted with road debris any other time. Also, surely in the wedge between top and down tube or top and seat tube would be more aero as well as being much more practical - the Cube Agree does that. Failing that - TT / Tri style behind seat tube.
I think quite the opposite, it lowers center of gravity and participate to the aero.
The water tightness has to do with the design and of done properly it won’t be a problem. Now for debris playing drums on that case, that’s not something you see on normal road conditions.

Overall, waiting to see Tour tests (if they test…) but I find it quite a nice bike, probably the nicest I have seen of the 2022 releases.
Like you, I'd like to know "how aero" it is in comparison to its peer group. Apart from that new Orca Aero is a very sleek looking bike and I'm also very happy to see a two piece cockpit.
The toolbox does look unconvtional, but it's quite nice not to need a saddle pack or have one more free jersey pocket. Unlike the BMC TMR, the bike still looks very nice in "UCI-Mode" without it should you race or just dislike the box.
I have one of these on order. March earliest, July latest. The downtube box was one of the selling points. Will be happy to report how it handles the typical wet roads from where I am in New Jersey. Also interested in sharing the experience of riding and using an aero bottle, let alone two which I plan on given that my usual 2nd bottle holder isn't taken up by a case.
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com