2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NotYou

by NotYou

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:15 am
NotYou wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:19 pm
Uselessman001 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:10 am
Today, more frames have been added to the UCI frame approval list.

Rose / X-LITE DISC
ARGON18 / ELECTRON

Both of these are registered on "ALL" (means regular road bike).

https://assets.ctfassets.net/761l7gh5x5 ... mesets.pdf
Now the Rose is definitely something to look forward to, as the poor man's Tarmac and the previous generation was already a very light and fast bike. Too bad they decided to scrap the extensive configuration options over the last years.
Do you have any more information about the new X-Lite or are you just speculating based on the current model? I'm waiting for an Aeroad but if Rose can introduce a new X-Lite with improved Aero attributes I might just go for that.
Mostly speculating based on the old models, but with the changes they already made on the Reveal and the Back road regarding semi-integrated cables and the discontinued pure aero model, I'm rather hopeful. But until they actually show something, no basis for anything from my side

thirdsun

by thirdsun

NotYou wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:07 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:15 am
NotYou wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:19 pm
Uselessman001 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:10 am
Today, more frames have been added to the UCI frame approval list.

Rose / X-LITE DISC
ARGON18 / ELECTRON

Both of these are registered on "ALL" (means regular road bike).

https://assets.ctfassets.net/761l7gh5x5 ... mesets.pdf
Now the Rose is definitely something to look forward to, as the poor man's Tarmac and the previous generation was already a very light and fast bike. Too bad they decided to scrap the extensive configuration options over the last years.
Do you have any more information about the new X-Lite or are you just speculating based on the current model? I'm waiting for an Aeroad but if Rose can introduce a new X-Lite with improved Aero attributes I might just go for that.
Mostly speculating based on the old models, but with the changes they already made on the Reveal and the Back road regarding semi-integrated cables and the discontinued pure aero model, I'm rather hopeful. But until they actually show something, no basis for anything from my side
Maybe a stupid question but does the UCI list indicate how far away an actual release might be? I'm eagerly awaiting the next iteration of the X-Lite.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

Looks like there's going to be a new madone this year. It has a later frame approval date than the new speed concept.

NotYou

by NotYou

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:37 pm
Maybe a stupid question but does the UCI list indicate how far away an actual release might be? I'm eagerly awaiting the next iteration of the X-Lite.
Depends a lot on the company. Sometimes, like with the Tarmac SL7, it pops up pretty much at the same time as the press release. In other cases interested customers will have a lot of time left to start speculating and look for leaked pictures. And then there those entries that just disappear after a while never to be seen again.

With the Reveal I think it was at least a few weeks in-between.

cberg

by cberg

NotYou wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:20 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:37 pm
Depends a lot on the company. Sometimes, like with the Tarmac SL7, it pops up pretty much at the same time as the press release. In other cases interested customers will have a lot of time left to start speculating and look for leaked pictures. And then there those entries that just disappear after a while never to be seen again.

With the Reveal I think it was at least a few weeks in-between.
Newest Canyon Aeroad took about a year from being added to being released for real :)

tmrace

by tmrace

cajer wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:19 pm
Looks like there's going to be a new madone this year. It has a later frame approval date than the new speed concept.
Looks like the image was deleted. What was the frame approval date?
Last edited by tmrace on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cajer

by cajer

It was 3/2021

tmrace

by tmrace

cajer wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm
It was 3/2021
Wow. Sooner than expected. I wonder how closely that will line up with a public release. I don't remember what the gap was between the speed concept approval and the public release, but I'd imagine it will be a similar gap.

cajer

by cajer

It was about 5 months before we saw it being used and another 2 months before it dropped. So if that holds we should have seen it already

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

I was so excited that madone have new uci approved codes
But then i saw this on my local dealer trek madone

Starting from project one Madone chroma edition onward, the uci code is 63

cajer

by cajer

So the new madone is just a new paint job? Why would they go through the effort of getting it uci certified?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:33 pm
So the new madone is just a new paint job? Why would they go through the effort of getting it uci certified?

It's likely bookkeeping for the OCLV 800 / T47 revision.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Curious if we will be seeing some new Giants this year, that propel looks really outdated imo

overdriven98

by overdriven98

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am
Curious if we will be seeing some new Giants this year, that propel looks really outdated imo
I really wanna get a hammer and smash that stem!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Robius

by Robius

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am
They should make an aero bike that pros likes to ride.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6