2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Synapse shift this way because of SystemSIx and SuperSix.
In the past it was SuperSix as full on racy bike. Then Synapse a more practical everyday one.

Then now we have SystemSix as full on racy bike with more aggressive geometry. Supersix get dialed back from there, with taller head tube etc. It is now so comfy and versatile that it's great as everyday bike, 200 mi ride, etc. With big tires, it is also great on Roubaix etc.

Synapse, then have to shift more toward commuter to reduce product target overlap, unfortunately.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Uselessman001

by Uselessman001

- Factor OSTRO VAM
- Cinelli STRATOFASTER

tmrace

by tmrace

Uselessman001 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:55 am
Ridley Helium SLX Disc 2022
https://www.2pedalz.com/product/ridley- ... z-edition/

Ridley Noah Fast Disc 2022
https://www.2pedalz.com/product/ridley- ... z-edition/
I could be wrong here since I'm not super familiar with the Ridley line up, but the Noah looks to be a carry over frame with a new spray job. The Helium might be new though.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Those are just the current models, the new ones will be my2023

RDY

by RDY

Guessing another bike to be either updated, replaced or discontinued for MY23 will be the BMC TimeMachine Road.

In its 4th year now without any updates. Integration is still excellent, but that's about it. Hugely expensive and stock barely exists. The frameset has also been discontinued.

Guessing it'll be a lot lighter, if it comes, and frameset price will be boosted to €5k from €4.2 of MY21.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Anyone heard anytihng of a new Cervelo S5 for next year?

I keep wanting to buy a bike now but my head keep saying wait for a new S5 or SL8.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:38 pm
Guessing another bike to be either updated, replaced or discontinued for MY23 will be the BMC TimeMachine Road.

In its 4th year now without any updates. Integration is still excellent, but that's about it. Hugely expensive and stock barely exists. The frameset has also been discontinued.

Guessing it'll be a lot lighter, if it comes, and frameset price will be boosted to €5k from €4.2 of MY21.
First TMR01 announced in 2011 (MY2012)... replacement not released until 2018 (MY2019 ?) They might not be in any rush.
In fairness @ release you got stem,bars,seatpost,saddle, bottles,bottle holders,etc as part of the package. The first 3 being super heavy in my opinion.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Lina

by Lina

RDY wrote:
In its 4th year now without any updates.
Please explain this to me. Isn't that a completely normal lifetime for frames, especially outside of the few big manufacturers that pump out new frames constantly? And literally no one does updates to their models between years. New paint jobs are the most you will get from anyone.

RDY

by RDY

Lina wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:53 pm
RDY wrote:
In its 4th year now without any updates.
Please explain this to me. Isn't that a completely normal lifetime for frames, especially outside of the few big manufacturers that pump out new frames constantly? And literally no one does updates to their models between years. New paint jobs are the most you will get from anyone.
You just explained it yourself. It's towards the end of its lifecycle, is heavily outdated (emphasis on heavy), and BMC appear to be drawing it down. It may be that they won't replace it, and will instead have it occupy a dwindling niche in their range for another year or two, then release a more aero Teammachine. It appears to be what Cannondale did for the MY21 & 22 SystemSix, which seems like it's about to be dicontinued in favour of a new more aero SuperSix flavour.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I'm just saying Timemachine Road went ~7 years between updates last time.. it's only been 4 ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

cajer

by cajer

scottydonald wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:08 pm

I keep wanting to buy a bike now but my head keep saying wait for a new S5 or SL8.
I think a new S5 and/or P5 maybe in the works espically with the relaxed UCI rules and updated bikes from like Simplon out that match the performance of the S5. It's also been 4 years now since the S5 dropped and all the other bikes in the lineup have just been updated.

It seems like the SL8 just came out, so I don't think there'll be a new one? Also the S5/SL8 will be very differnet bikes?

mgrl

by mgrl

I'd be surprised to see a new p5 - the current model is less than 3 years old, and tt bikes are very rarely updated because they sell so few units (the previous edition stuck around for 7 years, for example).

scottydonald

by scottydonald

cajer wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:55 pm
scottydonald wrote:

I think a new S5 and/or P5 maybe in the works espically with the relaxed UCI rules and updated bikes from like Simplon out that match the performance of the S5. It's also been 4 years now since the S5 dropped and all the other bikes in the lineup have just been updated.

It seems like the SL8 just came out, so I don't think there'll be a new one? Also the S5/SL8 will be very differnet bikes?
SL7 right now, yes different but i am thinking that the next S5 will also be a lighter fast S5; I currently have a 2021 S3 and keep wanting to change it for other bikes but my brand loyalty to Cervelo keeps me wanting to wait. If you asked me the same question yesterday then i would have bought an SL7 today but instead only bought DA12 Groupset.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:45 pm
I'm just saying Timemachine Road went ~7 years between updates last time..
Which makes it a significant outlier compared to pretty much anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if the disc brake and integrated cable revolutions had something to do with that, but I would be surprised if it was repeated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

cajer wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:55 pm
scottydonald wrote:

Yes - but keep in mind that the new R5 has only just physically landed in shops. So a new S5 might well be launched this year but it's optimistic to think they'd be available much less than 12 months from now.