2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

But on the other hand it would be a big surprise if DA12 and UA12 would be a lot chepaer than Force and Red etap?
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

lumpenerna wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:45 am
ViperFFM wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 am
New Agree comes both in Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Dura Ace full build is 5599,- €
Ultegra is 3399,- €-

For comparison:
SRAM Force Etap is 4.099,- €

So it is either Dura Ace ande Ultegra 12 speed mechanical; or shimano is lowering prices significantly.
oooor it is Ultegra Di2 and 105 Di2....
I can't imagine that it is Ultegra 12 speed mechanical as the price of the Agree with ultegra 11 speed is 2499€. A price difference of 900€ is not justifiable here.
The old cube agree is/was for sale at €3.4k for ultegra di2 (and very cheap wheels) but the old version that used the junction box beneath the stem. New DA 12spd will NOT be 5.6k before any discount from the shop. I have to see it to believe it.

RDY

by RDY

People with connections to Cube distributor / Cube retailers (albeit not posting as such) are saying it's DA. I think the chances are less than 1% though.

UT DI2, unobtainium, and retail actually over 6k is my guess.

lumpenerna

by lumpenerna

For those of you who understand german:

Tour Rennrad-Magazin - "Rennrad CUBE Agree 2022: der neue Marathonrenner":
https://youtu.be/TbRBoFlmrss?t=67

--> Quote: "The top model SLT comes with Shimano's Dura Ace Di2, weighs only 7.3 kg and costs 5599€."

pmprego

by pmprego

lumpenerna wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:25 pm

--> Quote: "The top model SLT comes with Shimano's Dura Ace Di2, weighs only 7.3 kg and costs 5599€."
Indeed they say that. It's heavier than what I'd expect but I don't know the wheels weight. Nonetheless, 5k for a carbon bike with the new DA 12spd it's really hard to believe. Impressive from cube.

henau212

by henau212

ViperFFM wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 am
New Agree comes both in Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Dura Ace full build is 5599,- €
Ultegra is 3399,- €-

For comparison:
SRAM Force Etap is 4.099,- €

So it is either Dura Ace ande Ultegra 12 speed mechanical; or shimano is lowering prices significantly.
oooor it is Ultegra Di2 and 105 Di2....
The Force version got Newmen Advanced SL R.38 Streem, Carbon compared to Fulcrum Racing 44 DB. That would explain at least 700€..

Still, the pricing is really good. They also announced the Nuroad C:62 SLT. Sram XPLR with carbon wheels for 3.600€. Kind of hard to believe. Last years version with a force mullet built was 4.050€.

RDY

by RDY

pmprego wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:57 pm
lumpenerna wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:25 pm

Indeed they say that. It's heavier than what I'd expect but I don't know the wheels weight. Nonetheless, 5k for a carbon bike with the new DA 12spd it's really hard to believe. Impressive from cube.
Assuming it is, availability is likely to be non-existent ...

eurostar

by eurostar

Hope is promising a TT version of the Lotus HB.T track bike for next year. They have a prototype and a lot of work to do. The track frame weighs 1.5 kg. I don't know whether that excludes the fork. Hardly a WW item, but look at the thing! Price is predicted to be £12-15k for a complete bike, inc Hope wheels. Di2 at first.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/hope ... -next-year

maquisard

by maquisard

Where will it be ridden?, any professional will not want to switch to this for a WC TT. They will be used to their professional team TT equipment (which is most likely superior anyway). Maybe the market is triathlon?

I think it will see action on a sunny Sunday morning around the Richmond park at 30kph.

eurostar

by eurostar

Maybe a few English TT veterans? The ones with no mortgage and an Aston Martin. It would be nice to see it in a GT but commercially it makes no sense. You can't repaint it and pretend that your sponsor made it. Perhaps at the World Championship, if it has a proven advantage? I think I might get one. For touring. I've always wanted a bike with built-in pannier frames.

maquisard

by maquisard

All the really good cyclist here in France I know have no money, certainly the younger guys! It is us 40 year old guys riding around on the expensive carbon bikes/wheels and riding slowly up mountans. Maybe different in London or England?

I thnk triathlon is probably the biggest market of this Hope TT bike.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

maquisard wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:41 pm
All the really good cyclist here in France I know have no money, certainly the younger guys! It is us 40 year old guys riding around on the expensive carbon bikes/wheels and riding slowly up mountans. Maybe different in London or England?

I thnk triathlon is probably the biggest market of this Hope TT bike.
It's no good as a tri bike, as it is, with no storage for all the garbage the long haulers need. This is where the tri bikes (p5 speed concept, speedmax and trinity etc) work.
The hope bike would do well as an out and out tt bike if the geometry was long and low enough ala p3c etc
Official cafe stop tester

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

The TT by hope looks awesome in my opinion. Cleaning up the the air flow over the shins would be the biggest gain of any TT frame in ages.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

eurostar

by eurostar

But if it's proven to be substantially faster the UCI would have to ban it. Or all TT frames will have to be built that way. When you think of the long list of aero improvements which they've banned, it seems a bit strange that it's in use. I suspect dirty dealings. Or maybe the usual UCI incompetence.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

eurostar wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 pm
But if it's proven to be substantially faster the UCI would have to ban it. Or all TT frames will have to be built that way. When you think of the long list of aero improvements which they've banned, it seems a bit strange that it's in use. I suspect dirty dealings. Or maybe the usual UCI incompetence.
However, the frame was build based on newly adapted UCI rules.
Many new frames have wider forks and stays (Canyon Speedmax and especially Factor Slick). Not nearly as wide as the Hope, but definitely going that route.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com