2022 New Frame Rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Midstar

by Midstar

spartan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:37 pm
true story. a couple years ago, i met a guy at a lbs . he was getting a new frame built up with the latest dura-ace. it was a 'custom' serotta ti. when i made a remark about the spacer stack on his 'custom' geo. his response "i have a back issue and prefer the higher bar position". LOL
If its work for him, whats the problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Well he would have paid a lot of Dosh for a custom frame and could have had it built without tbr need for spacers. Unless he was hoping the back issue would get sorted then remove the spacers....

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:35 am
There are a few "relaxed race" type bikes like the Caledonia.

Here are some roughly "56cm" bikes.
Cervelo S-Series/R-Series: 580mm stack, 387mm reach
Colnago C64 Sloping: 583mm stack, 385mm reach
Pinarello Prince: 586mm stack, 388mm reach
Time Alpe d'Huez: 581mm stack, 392mm reach
Open Min.D: 585mm stack, 385mm reach
Parlee Altum: 587mm stack, 381mm reach

et cetera

A traditional 56cm race frame typically has 560-565mm stack and 388-393mm reach...or thereabouts.
My last bike had same stack as my current, but 14mm longer reach. I didn't like it, basically why i went for the new model.
For the price of a Colnago, you can go full custom instead.
But sure, there are off the shelf bikes even if there's very few of them.

What i ment really, is that many buy a race bike and set it up like an Endurance bike.

That begs the question, is it due to looks of the race bike, or is it because they want the feel of a race bike?
With shorter reach you can have a longer cockpit which make the bike feel different.

Years ago many bike fitters worked almost always with some brand of custom builder(s).
Ax made the Race version as it was more inline of what most customers fit best on.
This based on totally objective results / data. Well, each to his own.
Gather info from lots of sources is a good idea. I have during 15 years.
These days i think many looking for a new ride totally buys into what the retailer say.
That or what they see on Eurosport or similar.

I have also done many mistakes based on listening to those who want to sell.
Hopefully not again!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Really looking forward for the 2022 Factor Slick TT bike to be released.
It seems to be the very first production TT bike, to really embrace the new UCI regulations.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:42 pm

That begs the question, is it due to looks of the race bike, or is it because they want the feel of a race bike?
With shorter reach you can have a longer cockpit which make the bike feel different.

I would assume vanity takes priority. After all someone with a 60deg back angle isn't exactly going to be carving around switchbacks.

Personally I find the handling differences between bikes to be pretty minimal. In fact I'd say some endurance bikes are better suited to road racing in some ways... Endurance bikes with 75-80mm of BB drop combined with narrower tires potentially lowers your center of mass while cornering.

pmprego

by pmprego

@wheelsONfire just my 2cents. I think people would be okay with something "just like what a pro rides but with a better geometry". Most of the times the endurance bikes are heavier and with components that distances themselves to what a pro rider uses. I think that's what kills it.

For instance, a trek domane is crazy heavy. The spesh roubaix is full of suspension mechanism that adds heights but also sreams "I'm old and I need something to make the road smooth or my back will kill me".

Even the Aethos which apparently was NOT made for the racer outthere has a geometry which is the same as the sl7.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:

I would assume vanity takes priority. After all someone with a 60deg back angle isn't exactly going to be carving around switchbacks.

Personally I find the handling differences between bikes to be pretty minimal. In fact I'd say some endurance bikes are better suited to road racing in some ways... Endurance bikes with 75-80mm of BB drop combined with narrower tires potentially lowers your center of mass while cornering.
Well, i have a ti bike and it is off duty. I don't like the geometry which i was persuaded to buy due to my lenght etc.
Should never have listened to that because it's custom.
It's heavy and it doesn't ride nearly aswell as my Ax bike.
I also have an UP and it weights alot. I can set it up so i have same position as my Ax bike. But they are very far off when it comes to ride feel and handling.

Fact is, the Ax bike is so close to what i would order if i went custom so there is no use for me to buy custom.
I really don't care much for brand name at all. I just want fit, handling and comfort. Setting up my Foil and it was riding nervous and had believe it or not, tendency to wobble. So my conclusion from all bikes i have owned, just because you can fit yourself to different sizes they don't ride same or handle same.
For sure they don't feel the same. I wouldn't say this if it was BS, what would the meaning be?

I can also love cool looking bikes, but i don't buy them if i see that i would have to do bad choices with regards to handling.
These days i have come to the point when i try saddles and handlebars just because of the feel of it. I have preferences for bar shape and saddle shape i look for.
Going custom on these require atleast a CAD drawing and lots of money.

If i managed to fart some money, i would go for a custom. That is "only" for the sake of geometry + i could during the so called interview, ask for a bike that rides like a race bike.
The endurance bike will not do that. I would also ask for T47 aswell as 2 differences in geometry.
I would assume it had larger tire clearance which would be a bonus during the off season.

I base my opinions from what i have learned over the years. Disc vs rim, that is another story.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jlok

by jlok

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:03 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:

Well, i have a ti bike and it is off duty. I don't like the geometry which i was persuaded to buy due to my lenght etc.
Should never have listened to that because it's custom.
It's heavy and it doesn't ride nearly aswell as my Ax bike.
I also have an UP and it weights alot. I can set it up so i have same position as my Ax bike. But they are very far off when it comes to ride feel and handling.

Fact is, the Ax bike is so close to what i would order if i went custom so there is no use for me to buy custom.
I really don't care much for brand name at all. I just want fit, handling and comfort. Setting up my Foil and it was riding nervous and had believe it or not, tendency to wobble. So my conclusion from all bikes i have owned, just because you can fit yourself to different sizes they don't ride same or handle same.
For sure they don't feel the same.
I wouldn't say this if it was BS, what would the meaning be?

I can also love cool looking bikes, but i don't buy them if i see that i would have to do bad choices with regards to handling.
These days i have come to the point when i try saddles and handlebars just because of the feel of it. I have preferences for bar shape and saddle shape i look for.
Going custom on these require atleast a CAD drawing and lots of money.

If i managed to fart some money, i would go for a custom. That is "only" for the sake of geometry + i could during the so called interview, ask for a bike that rides like a race bike.
The endurance bike will not do that. I would also ask for T47 aswell as 2 differences in geometry.
I would assume it had larger tire clearance which would be a bonus during the off season.

I base my opinions from what i have learned over the years. Disc vs rim, that is another story.
I agree with you b'cos I have almost the same experience as yours. Spent so much money on fitting and different bikes just to find the best bike for me but in the end got a full custom bike that has great handling. From that point I lost the desire to get another mass produced bike.

Most fitters are not bike designer. They don't know the implications of bike geometries and weight distribution on a bike that fits for purpose for individual riders.

Yes, if you know a bike that fits you and has the desired characteristics, by all means go for it. If not, go custom. The point is that people need to forget marketing brain-wash first.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

cdrx

by cdrx

New Cube Agree with integrated cockpit and an aero picnic box.

https://www.cube.eu/2022/bikes/road/road-race/agree/

Also, new colors for other frames.

pmprego

by pmprego

cdrx wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Did i miss it or not a lot of info on the frame and sk on. They have videos on youtube but I dont know german.

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

cdrx wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:38 pm

"the component is under embargo until 31.08.2021" for the shimano bikes. I guess we therefore know when the 12s stuff will be unveiled

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

pmprego wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:22 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Wow, looks very slim. Wonder why the move away from aero. I thought their bike was already light for an aero frame.
The aero light to rival the addicts, tarmac, emonda, etc etc.
Based on the new 2022 Cube listings, looks like with the same spec (SLT, 7.3kg vs 7.4kg) it's just ~100g lighter, and that's with shallower wheels. Doesn't seem like enough weight saving to give up those deep aerofoils

RDY

by RDY

People on the German forums are saying that new Agree is DA, not UT. Don't believe it for a second though. If we see any bikes with new DA below 6.5k Euros retail before the middle of next year, I'll be astounded. The vast majority will be in the 8.5-15k range IMO.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

New Agree comes both in Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Dura Ace full build is 5599,- €
Ultegra is 3399,- €-

For comparison:
SRAM Force Etap is 4.099,- €

So it is either Dura Ace ande Ultegra 12 speed mechanical; or shimano is lowering prices significantly.
oooor it is Ultegra Di2 and 105 Di2....
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

lumpenerna

by lumpenerna

ViperFFM wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:03 am
New Agree comes both in Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Dura Ace full build is 5599,- €
Ultegra is 3399,- €-

For comparison:
SRAM Force Etap is 4.099,- €

So it is either Dura Ace ande Ultegra 12 speed mechanical; or shimano is lowering prices significantly.
oooor it is Ultegra Di2 and 105 Di2....
I can't imagine that it is Ultegra 12 speed mechanical as the price of the Agree with ultegra 11 speed is 2499€. A price difference of 900€ is not justifiable here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com