Sram Rival AXS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

Maybe a bit too soon but anyone knows if it would be possible to use rival axs with the sram etap hrd "old" 11spd calipers (the postmount version)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gSporco

by gSporco

pmprego wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 am
Maybe a bit too soon but anyone knows if it would be possible to use rival axs with the sram etap hrd "old" 11spd calipers (the postmount version)?
No, 11spd eTap isn't compatible with 12sp AXS regardless of Red, Force or Rival. The only things that can be used are the batteries, rotors and calipers as long as you get the right hoses for you AXS shifter
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

He asked specifically about the calipers. And yes they're compatible.

pmprego

by pmprego

gSporco wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:57 am
pmprego wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 am
No, 11spd eTap isn't compatible with 12sp AXS regardless of Red, Force or Rival. The only things that can be used are the batteries, rotors and calipers as long as you get the right hoses for you AXS shifter
What does it mean to get the right hoses? I still have the hoses from the old etap hrd there connected with the calipers.

I had a sram etap hrd groupset that was post mount. I've moved it to a new frame where I had to buy the flat mount calipers. I've stuck with the frame and the postmount calipers still attached (and the hoses).

I've been looking st groupset with the idea of recovering the frame (a 2015 giant defy) but the postmount thing really makes it a tough job. Now with rival axs I'm trying to see if this would be a possibility. Get rival axs and use my old postmount calipers from the red etap hrd.

I guess the connections of the hoses to the hoods are specific but it would not be that hard to find.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 am

What does it mean to get the right hoses? I still have the hoses from the old etap hrd there connected with the calipers.

If you're leaving the hoses in place, then you obviously don't have to do anything. The old eTap shifters and AXS ones use the same connectors.

pmprego

by pmprego

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 am
pmprego wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 am

If you're leaving the hoses in place, then you obviously don't have to do anything. The old eTap shifters and AXS ones use the same connectors.
Perfect! Thanks.

card0s

by card0s

Does anyone have any idea why the Shift/Brake levers with the brake calipers are out of stock everywhere?
I already got the front and rear derailleurs, cranksets are widely available (I will be using a Red one though), cassette as well, but the shifters, and the chain also, I cannot find them anywhere.

zik

by zik

Maybe anyone know if rotors from red etap axs "Centerline XR", will be compatible with sram rival ?

pmprego

by pmprego

zik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 pm
Maybe anyone know if rotors from red etap axs "Centerline XR", will be compatible with sram rival ?
Rotors are so far the most (almost only) compatible thing in the market.

zik

by zik

please tell me what's the name of red grease that should be used when instaling sram cranks? https://youtu.be/E0CDaxwbd5c?t=164

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Really doesn’t matter, just some good grease

the jackel

by the jackel

card0s wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:11 pm
Does anyone have any idea why the Shift/Brake levers with the brake calipers are out of stock everywhere?
I already got the front and rear derailleurs, cranksets are widely available (I will be using a Red one though), cassette as well, but the shifters, and the chain also, I cannot find them anywhere.
I believe sigmasports have both in stock

Stendhal

by Stendhal

the jackel wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 pm
card0s wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:11 pm
I believe sigmasports have both in stock
I know all about this scarcity as I just paid more than twice list price on eBay to buy the Rival shifters because I was frustrated at having to postpone a bike build for lack of the part. Keep checking the online seller web sites (Google // Shopping is a good way to do it). Various sites such as Pro Bike Kit and Glory Cycles say they may have supply arriving October 10. Nashbar / Perforance Bikes claimed it would have them earlier, but that date slipped from August 12 to October 18 while I had an open order placed August 2. These dates all keep slipping but the fact that multiple sites often have the same date suggests that eventually, a relatively large new batch of product will be released.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

zik

by zik

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:03 am
Really doesn’t matter, just some good grease
do you think morgan blue campa competition or motorex bike grease 2000 can be used for cranks?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com