2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AAD

by AAD

How much do they weigh?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AAD

by AAD

IMG_0163.JPG
Here, I hope, is a picture of my Aeroad that comes in at 7.03kg. Sorry about the picture mess ups!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Galfer wave rotors, extralite chainrings.. Hello to being below 7kg.

Sorry dont remember the weight of the rotors but lighter then DA for sure.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

AAD

by AAD

Got the weight, yes, definitely lighter than the SwissStop and I will consider. But not sure about the Extalite chainrings. I'm using Praxis and understand that "too light" for chainrings means degraded shifting? The Praxis are as good as Dura Ace. Thoughts?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Extralite will not be a good as DA, but they are better then I thought they would be honestly. They look good on THM as well.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

whats the varia mount? i have only seen it on shapeways but wouldnt want to spend 50€ for a 3d print...

Mine is currently mounted to my flite saddle rails but its quite heavy and i cant really use a saddle bag (im using the small one from canyon but have it in my jersey)

AAD

by AAD

Check out the picture of my 2022 Aeroad that I posted, it has the Shapeways varia mount. Also used one on my SL7 Tarmac. They are very nice!

juraj

by juraj

Posted here some time ago - considering to buy the Aeroad CFR from outlet - was suggested to do so, and I did - great value for money. 7k euro for top end bike with dura-ace di2 including power meter is just not beatable by any other brands. It mentioned that the chain was used, the reason for being in outlet but once it arrived the chained seemed as good as new.

Here are some of my observations after around 2000kms riding it:

1. Seatpost creaking - innitially I thought I'm a lucky one to avoid this, but it did kick in about 300km in. I tried those tips from canyon (carbon paste on the bolt section + lube on the rubber) but it was always short lived and then creaking started again. Ultimatelly I taped the seatpost (in my opinion, can use any tape - I used electric tape, same as on the end of handlebar tape) and creaking stopped for good (don't even botter lubing the rubber area anymore). It does go in a bit harder once you tape it, but I guess thats what does the trick in the end. (Next time I have my seatpost out - I'll take a picture and put it here, since I've seen some questinos regarding "how much tape" is needed.)

2. Wheels The bike came with DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut wheels. The canyon web does not specify what hubs it comes with, but that I checked on DT Swiss web and it shows these wheels come with 180 hubs. However my wheels came with the 240 hubs - which was a let down, as I understand 240 is the lower model from DT Swiss compared to 180s.

3. Cockpit/handlebars Couple observations here.
  1. The 4 bots (2 from each side) that hold the side handlebars to the center seem to the worn pretty easily - especially after using the canyons diy torque ratched. I suspect couple more times unscrewing/screwing them in and the torx pattern will be damaged to a point of no return. Using proper torque wrench does not seem to damage them as much.
  2. Really love the fact that the sides are removable - since I can fit my bike into a bike-case without removing the stem/handlebar, which would be a complete pain in the ass with this internal routing system.
    IMG_20220803_111404.jpg
  3. Stem lenght - I've been riding Ultimate CF SLX until now in the same size XL. Both Ultimate and Aeroad come with a 110mm stem lenght, however the Aeroad just feels shorter - I could really go with a slightly longer stem version. I know Canyon does not sell the handlebar separtely for now - but has anyone had a chance to communicate with canyon whether this is planned for future ?

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

juraj wrote:Posted here some time ago - considering to buy the Aeroad CFR from outlet - was suggested to do so, and I did - great value for money. 7k euro for top end bike with dura-ace di2 including power meter is just not beatable by any other brands. It mentioned that the chain was used, the reason for being in outlet but once it arrived the chained seemed as good as new.

Here are some of my observations after around 2000kms riding it:

1. Seatpost creaking - innitially I thought I'm a lucky one to avoid this, but it did kick in about 300km in. I tried those tips from canyon (carbon paste on the bolt section + lube on the rubber) but it was always short lived and then creaking started again. Ultimatelly I taped the seatpost (in my opinion, can use any tape - I used electric tape, same as on the end of handlebar tape) and creaking stopped for good (don't even botter lubing the rubber area anymore). It does go in a bit harder once you tape it, but I guess thats what does the trick in the end. (Next time I have my seatpost out - I'll take a picture and put it here, since I've seen some questinos regarding "how much tape" is needed.)

2. Wheels The bike came with DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut wheels. The canyon web does not specify what hubs it comes with, but that I checked on DT Swiss web and it shows these wheels come with 180 hubs. However my wheels came with the 240 hubs - which was a let down, as I understand 240 is the lower model from DT Swiss compared to 180s.

3. Cockpit/handlebars Couple observations here.
  1. The 4 bots (2 from each side) that hold the side handlebars to the center seem to the worn pretty easily - especially after using the canyons diy torque ratched. I suspect couple more times unscrewing/screwing them in and the torx pattern will be damaged to a point of no return. Using proper torque wrench does not seem to damage them as much.
  2. Really love the fact that the sides are removable - since I can fit my bike into a bike-case without removing the stem/handlebar, which would be a complete pain in the ass with this internal routing system.
    IMG_20220803_111404.jpg
  3. Stem lenght - I've been riding Ultimate CF SLX until now in the same size XL. Both Ultimate and Aeroad come with a 110mm stem lenght, however the Aeroad just feels shorter - I could really go with a slightly longer stem version. I know Canyon does not sell the handlebar separtely for now - but has anyone had a chance to communicate with canyon whether this is planned for future ?
I have asked like 5 times and there is no way to get other ones besides the crash replacement program.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

man1ac

by man1ac

I need help!
I just received my Aeroad CFR Frameset and its damn beautiful.
Two things I really cant decide if I wanna keep it, so please point me in right direction:

> I come from an Ultimate CF SL 8 with 12x Ultegra DI2 and C50 Durace Wheels. Love the bike! The Aeroad just looks cooler basically. I had a look at the frame weight and it should basically stay the same, with the fork. I dont mind weight a lot, weighted my Ultimate one time and was about 8kg with Pedals and empty bottles. I think itl come down to +-100g overall if I make the switch. Making an upgrade just for the looks seems silly :D I mean on half the rides I do (without GF) I like either 60-80k full out with an average at about 32kmh. But I life near the alpes so I really do and like long climbs (for example the Großglocker with 2000m elevation gain). Having the new Ultimate CFR will decrease the bike weight I think at about 700g (yes I know, System Weight with me, Snacks and Repair stuff will be 66kg + 8kg bike + stuff so less than 1% :D)
Is the Aeroad the Upgrade I want? :D

> I got one of the freakishly rare frames of the Cannondale Leichtbau. Having a bike thats so limited and looks awesome too would be nice. The weight diffence to the Ultimate and Aeroad will be even less, so wont say a word here. But the bike is super rare and special but at least (selling the stuff I wont need (Ultimate frame)) 2k€ more than the other options.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

juraj wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:19 am
This being an outlet bike I suspect it might use the old DT Swiss ARC generation. Do the wheels feature a rectagnle (old) or a parallelogram (new) as label at the valve? And fi it's the older generation maybe they came with the 240 hubs? Otherwise I'm not sure how Canyon could claim that the bike is sold with ARC 1100 if it actually doesn't match an ARC 1100.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

juraj

by juraj

This being an outlet bike I suspect it might use the old DT Swiss ARC generation. Do the wheels feature a rectagnle (old) or a parallelogram (new) as label at the valve? And fi it's the older generation maybe they came with the 240 hubs? Otherwise I'm not sure how Canyon could claim that the bike is sold with ARC 1100 if it actually doesn't match an ARC 1100.
Hm, yes it is probably not the "newest newest" generation, bcs it still came with 11sp dura-ace.

Here is the link https://www.canyon.com/en-cz/outlet-bik ... 57947.html to the bike on canyon store.

The sticker under the valve looks more like a rectangle. I did not realize that there has been a "previous" model of the DT Swiss ARC 1100 that came with the 240 hubs (the canyon spec on the link just says DT Swiss ARC 1100).

byker

by byker

Some of the aeroads have had quite a significant price drop on the Canadian site. Just a heads up for anyone who is looking to order, or who received their bike within the last 30 days, you might be able to get some money back!

Nejmann

by Nejmann

They sometimes sell older model wheels rebranded as new. They also put new zipp stickers on older wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lina

by Lina

juraj wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:50 pm
Hm, yes it is probably not the "newest newest" generation, bcs it still came with 11sp dura-ace.

Here is the link https://www.canyon.com/en-cz/outlet-bik ... 57947.html to the bike on canyon store.

The sticker under the valve looks more like a rectangle. I did not realize that there has been a "previous" model of the DT Swiss ARC 1100 that came with the 240 hubs (the canyon spec on the link just says DT Swiss ARC 1100).
Don't worry about the hubs. DT240s are some of the best hubs out there. The only thing you'd get out of 180s would be very marginal weight savings.