2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

thirdsun wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am
I can't speak to the US site, but have to assume that they definitely haven't been on sale yet. My guess (hope?): The fact that the current model is listed as sold out means that the Aeroad will appear as a new, separate listing and SKU once it becomes available again, which might hint at a new configuration (12 speed Shimano?).

On the other hand: Canyon's bikes are listed as sold out only to become available again later all the time. On the german site the Aeroad is also still listed as available soon.
When I chatted up a tech about 2 weeks ago when I was still thinking of trying to get an Aeroad, they said that when bikes come back "in stock" on the US site they will come with 11spd until those are gone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cberg

by cberg

Other models with DA9200 are listed for summer currently, so dont think we will see 12 speed Shimano Aeroads before that

Also still no word on my order :(

thirdsun

by thirdsun

cberg wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 am
Other models with DA9200 are listed for summer currently, so dont think we will see 12 speed Shimano Aeroads before that
Meanwhile other manufacturers are shipping Ultegra 12 speed equipped bikes right now - although in limited numbers obviously. Nevertheless it's strange that Canyon doesn't have a single Ultegra 8100 model announced yet. Really tired of waiting at this point.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Sace

by Sace

cberg wrote:

Also still no word on my order :(
I just think it's wierd that thay only have one Aeroad with 12 speed announced. It was supposed to be their flagship bike and now the aging Ultimate get's the new groups first :(

Given that I ordered the same bike on the same day (and in the same country) I really don't regret buying another bike last winter. Though I still have a wild thought of buying an Aeroad once Canyon hopefully sorts out everything.

windcheater

by windcheater

Are there any tips on how to package the bike for the repair? I am really struggling with the handlebar as the Di2 buttons get pressed all the time when I am trying to get the bike into the box. I am afraid that this will damage the battery or the group set.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Can someone who ha s a size small SLX or CFR measure the handlebar width in its smallest setting? I’m curious if it’s actually 37cm or slightly smaller. I also heard that there were plans on a “pro version” bar. If anyone has any info about that please do tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cberg

by cberg

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 am
cberg wrote:
Meanwhile other manufacturers are shipping Ultegra 12 speed equipped bikes right now - although in limited numbers obviously. Nevertheless it's strange that Canyon doesn't have a single Ultegra 8100 model announced yet. Really tired of waiting at this point.
New Endurace models just launched with 8100 models available for delivery in March

thirdsun

by thirdsun

cberg wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 am
thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 am
cberg wrote:
New Endurace models just launched with 8100 models available for delivery in March
I just noticed. Guess they read my comment and felt challenged :)

Unfortunately they basically replaced all 2XS Endurace sizes with women's version and small 650B wheels. Otherwise I might be tempted to get the CF SL 8 Aero to make the wait for an 8100 equipped Aeroad much more bearable.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Cannoli

by Cannoli

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 am
Can someone who ha s a size small SLX or CFR measure the handlebar width in its smallest setting? I’m curious if it’s actually 37cm or slightly smaller. I also heard that there were plans on a “pro version” bar. If anyone has any info about that please do tell.

I have my small setup at 390mm setting and it's spot on at 39cm wide. The next and last narrower setting is 380mm. This is also the case for my wife's 2XS. There isn't a 370mm setting AFAIK.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

denchr

by denchr

Recieved delivery notice for my SLX di2 (blue) model in XS the day before yesterday with estimated delivery in the start of February. Wrote to them that I would prefer to update my order to the upgraded 12 speed version and would be ok to wait a bit longer - I am really not interested in buying a new full price bike and receive "last year's model". I was told that they expect that the 12 speed models would be made available to order in May, but the delivery times where unclear at the moment. So far they haven't replied to my request to update, but I would suspect the answer would be the same as the rest of you have received: cancel your current order and take your chances...

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

windcheater wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:52 pm
Are there any tips on how to package the bike for the repair? I am really struggling with the handlebar as the Di2 buttons get pressed all the time when I am trying to get the bike into the box. I am afraid that this will damage the battery or the group set.
Unplug the Di2 cable on the derailleure. When I sent my back I also wrapped the levers in cardboard protectors and used a little masking tape to hold them secure.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Cannoli wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:

I have my small setup at 390mm setting and it's spot on at 39cm wide. The next and last narrower setting is 380mm. This is also the case for my wife's 2XS. There isn't a 370mm setting AFAIK.
The US website says a size small has a 39cm bar with +/-20mm adjustment. Is this just wrong then?

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Has anyone got a large CFR yet? what was the weight?

Also what is the max tyre clearence?

I am tempted to order one this summer when the DA12 comes but I am still favourite just getting DA12 for my Cervelo S3.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I also had difficulties with shipping the bike back and the handlbar. Everything else made sense, but it was just awkward for the bar. I also had AXS so probably easier than di2.

As far as tire clearance. I am running a GP5000 on 21mm ID rims and running a 28mm and there looks like there is easily room for a 30mm and possible a 32mm. Front looks to be able to run whatever you damn well please.

Can't give you a weight as mine is the SLX.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:32 pm
Cannoli wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:

The US website says a size small has a 39cm bar with +/-20mm adjustment. Is this just wrong then?

I can only speak for my Small and my wife's 2XS. Both have the same bars that go down to 380mm at its narrowest setting. If there's something smaller available from Canyon, they didn't ship it to my house. :?
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com