2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomS

by TomS

RichBUK wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:09 pm
I've just had a friendly chap from the UK Canyon service centre on the phone, they have arranged to pick my size M SLX next week, returning 6 days later is the plan.
That's great news for you - let us know how it turns out!

cberg

by cberg

Anybody wanna place bets on whether or not we get info on new deliveries this week? 3 weeks since the We're about to get started e-mail 💩

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

cberg wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 am
Anybody wanna place bets on whether or not we get info on new deliveries this week? 3 weeks since the We're about to get started e-mail 💩
I would bet not, Autumn offically starts tomorrow though, so I wonder will they start selling them on the site again.
My bet is we hear nothing but that they go live on the website again on the 27th

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

cberg wrote:
That would be nice, I think ill annoy the dutch CS once more today asking for some more clarity on when I will receive my bike. The e-mail definitely made it seem that it would be days rather than weeks...

cberg

by cberg

Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:10 am
cberg wrote:
I would bet not, Autumn offically starts tomorrow though, so I wonder will they start selling them on the site again.
My bet is we hear nothing but that they go live on the website again on the 27th
Bigger (re)releases are usually on Tuesdays, so lets see :|

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

To be fair I do *f##k* all on a Monday too 😂

gransport

by gransport

Here's the email update I got this past Friday (in the USA):

We want to thank you for your patience while you’ve waited for news about the upcoming repair of your Aeroad. It’s taken us longer than expected to bring you this update, due to delays in the international supply chain that have slowed down the delivery of the components we require to service your Aeroad.

We’ve outlined the next steps in this process, below. Please read carefully as some of the information has changed since our last correspondence.

THE NEXT STEPS FOR YOU

Individual repair appointment
In order to get the newly revised seatpost – and new sleeve bearing with sealing design – installed on your bike as quickly and easily as possible, our service team will reach out to you starting in October to arrange a personal repair appointment.

Your bike will be repaired by a member of the Canyon team in our facility in Chino Hills, CA. Should you need a Canyon Bikeguard to ship your bike to our facility, we will supply you with one at no additional charge. Likewise, the repair is also free of charge, as is the cost of freight to and from our facility.

Timing

From October onwards, we will start the repairs on Aeroad bikes in a step-by-step process. Since you have been asked not to ride your Aeroad due to the defective cockpit, our top priority is to get you back on your bike as soon as possible.

Our plan is to contact customers in order of when their bike was purchased, starting with the oldest orders first. Because there are a few hundred customers that need to be contacted, you may not hear from us until closer to mid-October if your bike was purchased closer to when the “Stop Ride” was issued. We ask for your continued patience as we work to contact and repair each bike as quickly as we can.

You do not have to do anything else; Our service team will contact you.

Compensation

The compensation for the time you were unable to ride your Aeroad will be paid, as we previously announced, after the repair is completed. The refund will come in the form of a check, so please make certain that you provide our service team with any change of address.

Thank you very much!
We would like to thank you once again for your trust and your patience. Equipped with the new parts, your Aeroad will be back in full working order with all its original features, AND your warranty will be reinstated to begin from the day your bike is shipped back out to you.

If you have any questions regarding your Aeroad, please feel free to contact us via the following link (Contact Form) or toll free at 833-226-9661.

Best regards,
The Canyon Team

TomS

by TomS

gransport wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:50 pm
Here's the email update I got this past Friday (in the USA):

We want to thank you for your patience while you’ve waited for news about the upcoming repair of your Aeroad. It’s taken us longer than expected to bring you this update, due to delays in the international supply chain that have slowed down the delivery of the components we require to service your Aeroad.

We’ve outlined the next steps in this process, below. Please read carefully as some of the information has changed since our last correspondence.

THE NEXT STEPS FOR YOU

Individual repair appointment
In order to get the newly revised seatpost – and new sleeve bearing with sealing design – installed on your bike as quickly and easily as possible, our service team will reach out to you starting in October to arrange a personal repair appointment.

Your bike will be repaired by a member of the Canyon team in our facility in Chino Hills, CA. Should you need a Canyon Bikeguard to ship your bike to our facility, we will supply you with one at no additional charge. Likewise, the repair is also free of charge, as is the cost of freight to and from our facility.

Timing

From October onwards, we will start the repairs on Aeroad bikes in a step-by-step process. Since you have been asked not to ride your Aeroad due to the defective cockpit, our top priority is to get you back on your bike as soon as possible.

Our plan is to contact customers in order of when their bike was purchased, starting with the oldest orders first. Because there are a few hundred customers that need to be contacted, you may not hear from us until closer to mid-October if your bike was purchased closer to when the “Stop Ride” was issued. We ask for your continued patience as we work to contact and repair each bike as quickly as we can.

You do not have to do anything else; Our service team will contact you.

Compensation

The compensation for the time you were unable to ride your Aeroad will be paid, as we previously announced, after the repair is completed. The refund will come in the form of a check, so please make certain that you provide our service team with any change of address.

Thank you very much!
We would like to thank you once again for your trust and your patience. Equipped with the new parts, your Aeroad will be back in full working order with all its original features, AND your warranty will be reinstated to begin from the day your bike is shipped back out to you.

If you have any questions regarding your Aeroad, please feel free to contact us via the following link (Contact Form) or toll free at 833-226-9661.

Best regards,
The Canyon Team
Thanks for sharing! Nice to renew the warranty, which is how it should be!
I hope to get an e-mail soon to re: new orders...

bratz

by bratz

Anyone know if there is any compatible TT extension or any news Canyon is producing in future?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

bratz wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:07 am
Anyone know if there is any compatible TT extension or any news Canyon is producing in future?
considering only canyon know the details of the re-design...no one else would dare.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

bratz wrote:
Please dont put those horrible, ugly things on your beautiful bike :D

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

bratz wrote:
They do and will, unfortunately the TT extensions come attached to the the Speedmax. :mrgreen:

I don't think Canyon will ever produce clip on style TT bars again so your best bet would be to look at a different cockpit setup if you want to do a TT on the Aeroad. While expensive, I'm sure there are some options out there for the 1 1/4 steerer.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

So any one waiting on an order, we wont hear anything until after their stock take which isnt over until the 30th.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 14.12.11.png

bratz

by bratz

Search for a dedicate TT bike resume I guess

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:13 pm
So any one waiting on an order, we wont hear anything until after their stock take which isnt over until the 30th.
They could be sending them before the 27th but for some reason I highly doubt that... Some guy in a Canyon Facebook group mentioned he was asked to pay for his unfilled Aeroad order so that it could be deliverd in October, seems to match this story. Im not sure if he had size S or M, or one of the sizes that will be sent later

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com