2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tomtom

by tomtom

willvousden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 am
Interesting to see that they've taped over the joints on the handlebar. Doesn't that mean you can't disassemble without unwrapping the bar tape?
Interesting? I think it's a (F) disgrace....how can you deliver (especially after all that time and such an expensive bike) this to a costumer?! Shame on Canyon and/or compagny....
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomtom

by tomtom

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 am
Looking this morning on a bigger screen there seems a lot of room around the seat post within that gasket. was it not meant to be tight to stop water/ dirt ingress?
It's even uglier than I thought and it looks very "aftermarked/Aliexpress/Elcheapo"....a BIG nono for me :evil: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

nbrandborg

by nbrandborg

I wonder what the new max-height position of the seatpost is?
Probably the same, but not ideal that its hidden under the gasket now?? :noidea:

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Jesus, they may as well have wrapped the whole bar in electrical tape for how much they've used.

They started saying the bar issue was due to the torque and they are using mechanics that wrap tape like that?

raspas

by raspas

Ricky59 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Only FYI I brought my SLX 8 Aeroad (XS) on monday this week for bar change and got a message from Canyon BE today that it was ready for pick up or free delivery. I ordered mine on Jan 12th and it was delivered by Jan 25th. When I went to pick it up I noticed they replaced the saddle pen and the bars. I'll test it tomorrow....
I'll join in on the FYI part. I ordered my SLX 8 Aeroad XS (black tho) on the same day as you, Jan 12th. However mine wasn't shipped back in the time. So I'm very curious whether the waiting time might come to an end soon 🙌.

Spartan01

by Spartan01

Does anyone still has that photo that was posted here from the Canyon factory showing unpainted frames which included the latest Aeroad, Speedmax, as well as a likely new Ultimate/Endurace with dropped chainstays?

willvousden

by willvousden

tomtom wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:28 am
willvousden wrote:
Interesting to see that they've taped over the joints on the handlebar. Doesn't that mean you can't disassemble without unwrapping the bar tape?
Interesting? I think it's a (F) disgrace....how can you deliver (especially after all that time and such an expensive bike) this to a costumer?! Shame on Canyon and/or compagny....
It's not the most beautiful tape job, that's for sure :|

BertD

by BertD

For anyone waiting for delivery of their new bike, I understood from customer service today that the first bikes were delivered last week.
They did not want to give an indication when my size (size L) can be delivered, unfortunately.

Nelis

by Nelis

BertD wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:24 pm
For anyone waiting for delivery of their new bike, I understood from customer service today that the first bikes were delivered last week.
They did not want to give an indication when my size (size L) can be delivered, unfortunately.
I placed order on 22nd of January, size S CF SL8.
No payment invitation or any other communication received.
3 weeks have passed since their "it won't take long now" communication. That's almost an additional month to the 7 months delay.

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Nelis wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:35 pm
I placed order on 22nd of January, size S CF SL8.
No payment invitation or any other communication received.
3 weeks have passed since their "it won't take long now" communication. That's almost an additional month to the 7 months delay.
Same here, for me it's a size M CF SL 7 though. Even though I kind of saw it coming, it is still somewhat annoying. Don't count on getting one before October either, since they will do the stock counting next week and won't be shipping any orders in that time. It might end up being halfway October before we get our hands on the bike, if we are lucky...

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I'm going to wait til after their stock take then contact them again, it's so ridiculous at this stage . I did hear they hoped to have all bikes delivered before Xmas but I'd like to get it sooner rather than later cos I want to ride it a bit. I don't want to find there is still a fault this time next year and then then tel me I'm out of some made up timescale for reporting an issue . I know they have the warranty on the site but I don't trust them

brusknl

by brusknl

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 am
Looking this morning on a bigger screen there seems a lot of room around the seat post within that gasket. was it not meant to be tight to stop water/ dirt ingress?
What a ugly bodge... I'm definitely going to inspect the seatpost regularly to see if this actually fixes something.
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

justRideIt

by justRideIt

willvousden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:50 am
tomtom wrote:
willvousden wrote:
I bet they hired some temporary workers / interns with little experience to deal with the increased capacity needed for the fixing.
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

justRideIt wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 am
willvousden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:50 am
tomtom wrote:
willvousden wrote:

I bet they hired some temporary workers / interns with little experience to deal with the increased capacity needed for the fixing.

If you look closley you can see they put the bar tape back on the wrong side. the cut at the stem side is the wrong way.
But to be honest its not a big deal you can fix easily yoursefl.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 11.54.12.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mackfly

by Mackfly

Got my Slx back on Friday. The seal on the seat post is tight. Interestingly I was told the seal is a consumable part and will need replacing at some point. Visually it's not as nice as the original design but not horrendous. The UK fix was fairly slick and they did it in the on they day they said they would. No mention of the compensation as yet but assume that will be sent as a cheque in the post.