2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thirdsun

by thirdsun

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:05 pm
the fact that they stopped selling aeroads should give you a clue about the "status" of those problems.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that every single Aeroad model is currently out of stock and doesn't have an estimated availability date. In that case something might be upcoming indeed and my earlier comment should be disregarded.
Last edited by thirdsun on Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattVega

by MattVega

Only issue I had so far on my CF SL7 was the bar tape coming loose... which I changed afterwards.

Owh and flats. Belgian cycling roads are full of glass :cry:

MattVega

by MattVega

thirdsun wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:15 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:05 pm
the fact that they stopped selling aeroads should give you a clue about the "status" of those problems.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that every single Aeroad model is currently out of stock and doesn't have an estimated availability date. In that case something might be upcoming indeed and my earlier comment should be disregarded.
The 105di2 version probably.

I think 105di2 SLX shall go 5500 euros at least.

maybe 105di2 SL version 4500 ? We'll see. :(

Richington

by Richington

thirdsun wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:11 pm
Richington wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 pm
I am considering buying a new Aeroad when the 2023 version becomes available this fall / winter.

this one specifically:
https://www.canyon.com/en-se/road-bikes ... e=R081_P07

I am only very vaguely aware of all the issues that have plagued this bike since its first relase. Seatpost, cockpit and now headset bearings rusting out.

My question is wether these issues have been sorted out or are they still something to take into consideration when buying one this fall/winter? Is it still throwing the dice with terrible odds on a maintenance/warranty nightmare?

In my country the aeroad is about 45% cheaper than a similarly specced SL7 so its still a great deal but not if it still comes with a load of headaches. SO basically: whats the status of the Aeroad?

Thanks!
You are assuming that there will be a new version. Canyon doesn't necessarily do yearly updates and only refreshes their bikes when they see fit. So if you're interested in this particular bike I don't see any reason to wait. The Aeroad was just updated earlier this year. At best you could expect new color options for 2023. I'd be surprised if Canyon introduces any other changes for 2023.

Personally, I don't have any problems with my CF SLX 8 Di2. The seat post is absolutely quiet after about 3000 Km ridden and no maintenance at all.
By new version I just mean the 2023 colorways and whatever/if any component changes they make. Sorry should've specified. None are in stock at the moment but say "coming soon" so I am guessing its the 2023 lineup on its way.

wozzo

by wozzo

I reckon it was around 3 months ago that the aeroads had avaliblity dates, and depends on the size it varied from November 22 to March 23. Then suddenly the dates disappeared from all of the configurations. I'm guessing tired of returns they were getting from the seatpost issue, and now addressing a proper fix for that.

plrww

by plrww

The latest Tour magazin 11/2022 has an article about Canyon working on a technical solution to the saddlepost problem.

djemz

by djemz

plrww wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:29 am
The latest Tour magazin 11/2022 has an article about Canyon working on a technical solution to the saddlepost problem.
Can you post this article?

I'm refreshing the aeroad page every hour over 2 months now and nothing comes available.

I talked to canyon and they don't expect that I will be able to order one this year and blame it on the part shortage. Wich I find strange because they have parts for the ultimate, tt bike,..

I only hope they will still provide the old group set on the aeroad cf sl, because I'm not willing to pay more then 4000€ for it.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:15 am

I'm refreshing the aeroad page every hour over 2 months now and nothing comes available.

I talked to canyon and they don't expect that I will be able to order one this year and blame it on the part shortage. Wich I find strange because they have parts for the ultimate, tt bike,..

I only hope they will still provide the old group set on the aeroad cf sl, because I'm not willing to pay more then 4000€ for it.
I doubt that the CF SL level will see any electronic group set options.
plrww wrote:
If that's true Canyon would acknowledge that there still is a problem while having told us that it's fixed earlier this year. Or do you mean that they are working on a solution that doesn't require regular maintenance. That would be more plausible.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

djemz wrote:
plrww wrote:

It's possible that they talk of the seatpost. If you think about the issues they've had, it seems plausible. Re-designing seatpost and this time it for sure must work.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

plrww

by plrww

djemz wrote:
plrww wrote:
I don't think I can copy the article here directly. A short summary:

It is a short article about Canyon promising a solution for Aeroad saddlepost creaking. It mentions Canyon stopped selling Aeroads in September. They interview Canyon market manager who says Canyon is working on a technical solution and that they are contacting all customers. Solution and sales continuation is promised as soon as possible.

djemz

by djemz

plrww wrote:
djemz wrote:
plrww wrote:

It is a short article about Canyon promising a solution for Aeroad saddlepost creaking. It mentions Canyon stopped selling Aeroads in September. They interview Canyon market manager who says Canyon is working on a technical solution and that they are contacting all customers. Solution and sales continuation is promised as soon as possible.
Thx. My hopes of getting an aeroad before the 2023 season are pretty low right now.
I hope it will be fixed soon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

TomS

by TomS

djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:01 pm
plrww wrote:
djemz wrote:
plrww wrote:

Thx. My hopes of getting an aeroad before the 2023 season are pretty low right now.

Thanks for sharing the summary of the Tour article! I haven't been contacted yet; I did visit a Canyon Service center soon after having received my bike due to the creaking and that "repair" didn't last longer than 400km. Since then: added tape and everything has been fine for >3000km. Doubtful they are going to reach out to every customer, but I hope they do.

djemz

by djemz

TomS wrote:
djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:01 pm
plrww wrote:
djemz wrote:

Thanks for sharing the summary of the Tour article! I haven't been contacted yet; I did visit a Canyon Service center soon after having received my bike due to the creaking and that "repair" didn't last longer than 400km. Since then: added tape and everything has been fine for >3000km. Doubtful they are going to reach out to every customer, but I hope they do.
You're also from Belgium right? Just had a chat with canyon Belgium and they say that there is no new fix for the seatpost because it's been fixed allready with the sleeve.

So I don't think you ever will get a message.

Only reason that there are none avaible is because of a shortage in parts.

Lina

by Lina

I can guarantee you that they will not recall the existing bikes for another seatpost fix. I can also guarantee you all that they wouldn't even have done it in the first place without the whole handlebar case. But as they needed to recall all the bikes for the handlebars and the seatpost was causing "problems" they decided to do something about it. They may or may not make a running change for future production regarding the seatpost but current owners will not be effected by it in any way.

wozzo

by wozzo

You're also from Belgium right? Just had a chat with canyon Belgium and they say that there is no new fix for the seatpost because it's been fixed allready with the sleeve.

So I don't think you ever will get a message.

Only reason that there are none avaible is because of a shortage in parts.

Lol, what else you wanted to hear from them officially? "Yes the rubber sleeve and YouTube video didn't do a s**t, and we now invite all the aeroads around the world to be send to us and we will replace them with new ones"? Please... There is definitely another kind of "fix" to that problem coming. It's not going to be visible constructional change, but they have to do something if they don't want the service returns coming every time they realease new revision.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com