2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

bratz wrote:Anyone know if I need to get shorter bolt for the rear caliper if I remove the spacer for 160mm to use 140mm rotor?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Some said no. I did buy new ones just to be safe since the manual has changed for 8170 and they’re just a few euros anyways…

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bratz

by bratz

Thanks for the info. I wanted to but have no idea of the size.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

bratz wrote:Thanks for the info. I wanted to but have no idea of the size.

You need to check the manual of your disc brake caliper. On the installation section it tells you which kind of screw and length you need

rideitstereo

by rideitstereo

Any new informations / leaks about the current status of the Aeroads?

plrww

by plrww

No info, but I really hope Canyon's engineers will design a proper fix for the problem. In my mind a proper fix doesn't include covering rubber gaskets, filing carbon or using grease to reduce seatpost creaking. Because the seatpost is designed to be elastic, it shouldn't rub the seat tube. Rubbing will cause wear on both the seatpost and the seat tube. Also, because there will be dirt flying from the rear wheel, the joint between the seatpost and the seat tube needs to be watertight. The comments I've heard on group rides about the creaking and bikes getting the current "fix" and that are still creaking are such that I wouldn't consider buying an Aeroad without a proper fix.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

plrww wrote:No info, but I really hope Canyon's engineers will design a proper fix for the problem. In my mind a proper fix doesn't include covering rubber gaskets, filing carbon or using grease to reduce seatpost creaking. Because the seatpost is designed to be elastic, it shouldn't rub the seat tube. Rubbing will cause wear on both the seatpost and the seat tube. Also, because there will be dirt flying from the rear wheel, the joint between the seatpost and the seat tube needs to be watertight. The comments I've heard on group rides about the creaking and bikes getting the current "fix" and that are still creaking are such that I wouldn't consider buying an Aeroad without a proper fix.
Dont most bike with non-round seatposts come with some kind of rubber piece to seal that section anyways? Canyons implementation is probably a bit over the top.

djemz

by djemz

rideitstereo wrote:Any new informations / leaks about the current status of the Aeroads?
Just had a chat with canyon uk. End this year/beginning next year with a new range of the models and maybe new colors. And the problems will be ironed out.

So I guess they will have a 105 di2 Version in the cf sl.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

thirdsun

by thirdsun

djemz wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:38 am
rideitstereo wrote:Any new informations / leaks about the current status of the Aeroads?
Just had a chat with canyon uk. End this year/beginning next year with a new range of the models and maybe new colors. And the problems will be ironed out.

New range of models? Surely not a new frame, right?
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

Update on Aeroad impressions after 3500 km.
- no creaking noise. Put on adhesive protection foil on back surface of seat post at 800 km due to noise. Silent ever since.
- comfortable yet very fast
- the ultegra 12-speed is not possible to update wirelessly as it's "too old" (?). Need a special cable for the initial update. A bit annoying. I had an Ultimate with 12-speed ultegra earlier this year and it was possible on this one.
- I appreciate the adjustable stem height and have used it. I noticed that the bearings looked rusted though.

All in all I really like the bike and good value for money!

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

djemz wrote:

Will there be any new (hopefully more narrow) handlebar options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djemz

by djemz

thirdsun wrote:
djemz wrote:

New range of models? Surely not a new frame, right?
No I think they mean other group sets on the cf sl Version. 105d di2 for example, maybe also with powermeters, maybe other wheels,... I dunno.

djemz

by djemz

mrbrown4001 wrote:
djemz wrote:

Will there be any new (hopefully more narrow) handlebar options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea.. Probably a 105 di2 Version with the new adjustable handlebar? That's what im hoping for and I think this will be released as the mechanical 105 status is out of stock and not coming soon.

Just a little affraid of what the price will be..

chris14

by chris14

djemz wrote:

Is this going to become another 100+ Page chapter of speculation, disappointment when the launch date is postponed, frustration when the limited bikes are all sold out, etc ?

If it is I can't wait. 8)

stoney

by stoney

I hope Canyon has hired some new engineers. They need to go back to making great bikes with no gimmicky parts and selling them for a good price. There's an expression in America..."Keep it simple stupid".

Cannoli

by Cannoli

stoney wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:01 pm
I hope Canyon has hired some new engineers. They need to go back to making great bikes with no gimmicky parts and selling them for a good price. There's an expression in America..."Keep it simple stupid".
I have two of the "original" new Aeroads, without the "fixes" installed and I've had zero issues. I have over 10k miles on my CFR and my wife is over 7k miles on hers. I clean and re-grease the seat tube every 1k mile so and it's absolutely silent. The Canyon engineers did just fine with this bike. The vocal minority would have you think otherwise. The new Aeroad is the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over. Period.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com