2021 Canyon Aeroad

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

tomtom

by tomtom

I'm getting back 1300 (and new bars) so maybe it's more if you bought a CFR (frame in my case)?!
Canyon Aeroad CFR

tomtom

by tomtom

edit/double post
Canyon Aeroad CFR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Technick

by Technick

I read somewhere last year, that there will be a new Ultimate intrduced this year. Maybe it will be available prior to seatpost hand handlebar fix.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Since the bikes in the owner's hands have the complete set of groupset components, which are in such a short supply now, they should also offer owners a choice of a different frameset so they don't need to wait for god knows how long until their handlebars and seatposts are fixed.

If someone would take the Ultimate or the old Aeroad rather than wait, they should at least have that option. It's not like it's easy to buy another nice bike nowadays.

Milese

by Milese

My bike was due for dispatch on 4th Jan, so I think I dodged the bullet on getting it delivered by a few days.

The email they just sent me just says that it now wont be delivered 'before the Autumn'. No discount etc for me.

Feel awful for those that had them delivered, I at least have the luxury to enjoy my new Ridley (and will never order another Canyon).

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Are you all that got an email in the EU? Nothing stateside yet and I called and the rep didn't know anything.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Edit: double post

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Im in the EU and got an email too about my CF SL not being delivered until autumn... The weird thing is that they posted the announcement on the private Facebook group for Canyon owners before I received my email.

The people that already got their CF SL delivered are allowed to keep riding while following their instructions on the whole seatpost greasing.

LewisHam

by LewisHam

Wow, what an awful process. Don't ride the bike until at least July, then ship the bike back to them, wait for the bars to get swapped, get your bike back, and then maybe the seatpost fix will be done.

The whole season will be nearly over before the bike is usable, and that's assuming best case.

If I hadn't already returned mine, I would absolutely be doing it now.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

So they want us to send our bikes back to them to swap the drops?? That's ridiculous. Send me the parts and I'll change them out myself. I've already added custom bits and pieces to both of the CFR's I own as well as sold the old DT Swiss wheels for one of them. They need to kick their Velofix partners into overdrive for those who can't do the work themselves.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

check6

by check6

Technick wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:26 pm
I read somewhere last year, that there will be a new Ultimate intrduced this year. Maybe it will be available prior to seatpost hand handlebar fix.
This is great news as I have been waiting for the Ultimate to get an update (hidden cables, perhaps dropped seat-stays etc.). Question: is there any indication that it will come with the same cutting edge engineering and real world testing as the Aeroad?

badriver

by badriver

Exactly my feeling.
If they launch a refreshed ultimate I would take it. Hell even the aeroad next year should be diferent, 12 speed shimano, etc.. What advantage I have in keeping my order? Maybe price??
Not sure if they will lauch "interesting" models before autumn tough.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I just got an email that Canyon USA has not released any form of "credit" after I called them. Twice now.

I get that Germany is in a different time zone, but things like email and such have made it pretty easy to convey messages and business decisions across multi-national corporations. This doesn't seem to be a hard thing to coordinate.

Can anyone show the Facebook post as I don't really use FB?

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

What a shitty move from Canyon. Trying to trick the customer no to send this whole piece of engineering bs back for full credit; they linger you with a 1000€ bonus somewhere in the future. All of this wile in the middle of a M&A transaction. Go figure
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

doktoroste wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:20 pm
joaoapura wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Credit means it can only be used for purchases in Canyon's web shop, correct? :?
I understood it as you get back 1000 Euro from your original price, but now I'm not sure anymore as well :|
I would back out and ask for a refund if i bought one of these!
Next, i would look at something else....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D