2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomS

by TomS

Addict15 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:49 pm
TomS wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
Thanks. Does the Aeroad come with EW-SD300 cables or the older EW-SD50 cables? Need to know which tool to buy :-) Not that I'm in a rush, still no payment e-mail from Canyon...
EW-SD50 for 11 speed, and the hoods are indeed fitted with the buttons on top as standard. They are pretty well hidden, just on top of the shifter.
Great, thanks a lot!

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm
TomS wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
If there is a connection in the headset you won't need to unwrap the tape just undo the head set and pop it in there
Thanks. Does the Aeroad come with EW-SD300 cables or the older EW-SD50 cables? Need to know which tool to buy :-) Not that I'm in a rush, still no payment e-mail from Canyon...
I dont know sorry.

From what ive heard the people in europe with other sizes will be waiting quite a bit longer. dont expect anything this month.
Customer Service in Belgium told me earlier this week that all Aeroads in all sizes should be shipped by end of November... fingers crossed!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

TomS wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm
TomS wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
If there is a connection in the headset you won't need to unwrap the tape just undo the head set and pop it in there
[/quote

I dont know sorry.

From what ive heard the people in europe with other sizes will be waiting quite a bit longer. dont expect anything this month.
Customer Service in Belgium told me earlier this week that all Aeroads in all sizes should be shipped by end of November... fingers crossed!
I don't believe anything they say anymore. The chat guys don't have a clue what the factory is doing

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

I have little faith in the customer chat knowledge base as well. I'm just over here waiting on my refund to show up so I can get a check cut. Then wait for the new stuff to come out eventually.

Unfortunately, I saw on the FB group that there was a CFR delivered new and unridden with a couple of cracks on the underside where the Di2 battery mounts.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm
I have little faith in the customer chat knowledge base as well. I'm just over here waiting on my refund to show up so I can get a check cut. Then wait for the new stuff to come out eventually.

Unfortunately, I saw on the FB group that there was a CFR delivered new and unridden with a couple of cracks on the underside where the Di2 battery mounts.
Oh for god sake! I really think im being a fool waiting on this bike , how can i justify the money on a bike ill never trust
Last edited by Aerohead23 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Requiem84

by Requiem84

You guys are making each other crazy with these things all the time.

What percentage of the Canyon owners would actually be on Facebook? And what percentage that is on FB would actually post about their bike? Most likely the vasstttt minority.

Canyon can't afford another big manufacturing issue and if cracked frames would be a systematic issue, there would already long be a recall.

Either sit in for the ride and wait for your fabulous bike, or jump ship and go for a safe option (to only discover that all manufacturers can have problems (Tarmac SL7 is a nice example...).

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Requiem84 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am

What percentage of the Canyon owners would actually be on Facebook? And what percentage that is on FB would actually post about their bike? Most likely the vasstttt minority.

Canyon can't afford another big manufacturing issue and if cracked frames would be a systematic issue, there would already long be a recall.

Either sit in for the ride and wait for your fabulous bike, or jump ship and go for a safe option (to only discover that all manufacturers can have problems (Tarmac SL7 is a nice example...).
This was my thinking all along until now. You are right

brusknl

by brusknl

brusknl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm
Kzco wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:31 am
brusknl, did you get your bike back yet ?

get bike will collect mine today. They gave me a phone call in the morning to see if i was available PM ... :roll:

P.S. : I've ridden approx 8000Km with it, if the frame isn't cracked i guess it "should be ok"
Not yet. It was collected on Friday by Get Bike Service.

Received an email from Canyon on Monday, that my bike has arrived at the servicing workshop.

I've ridden approx 6000km.
Bike is still at GetBikeService. I've called them to ask for an update. They told me that the work is completed, but Canyon needs to approve the repair "after checking photos".
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

tomtom

by tomtom

Requiem84 wrote:

But Specialized fixed this issue quick and without (much) delay.....Canyon is really pushing it imo; I still haven't heard anything from them regarding changing the bars. But they probably don't care that Canyon owners complain on fora, their bikes will sell anyway :twisted:
Last edited by tomtom on Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

inean

by inean

tomtom wrote:
Requiem84 wrote:

But Specialized fixed this issue quick and without (much) delay.....Canyon is really pushing it imo; I still haven't heard anything from them regarding changing the bars. But they probably don't care that Canyon owners complain on fora, their bikes will anyway!
XS size?

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

Kzco

by Kzco

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Kzco wrote:

get bike will collect mine today. They gave me a phone call in the morning to see if i was available PM ... :roll:

P.S. : I've ridden approx 8000Km with it, if the frame isn't cracked i guess it "should be ok"
8K? And was there any seatpost damage? and what size did you have?
L, no seatpost damage (i had put some tape around it inside the frame)

Kzco

by Kzco

brusknl wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:39 pm
brusknl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm
Kzco wrote:

Not yet. It was collected on Friday by Get Bike Service.

Received an email from Canyon on Monday, that my bike has arrived at the servicing workshop.

I've ridden approx 6000km.
Bike is still at GetBikeService. I've called them to ask for an update. They told me that the work is completed, but Canyon needs to approve the repair "after checking photos".
OK thanks. Also received a mail on monday stating it was at the workshop.

inean

by inean

Kzco wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Kzco wrote:

8K? And was there any seatpost damage? and what size did you have?
L, no seatpost damage (i had put some tape around it inside the frame)
Contact with canyon then. All I know is that there's kits based on bike size and started with bigger ones.
Mine is an XS scheduled for this week.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

cberg

by cberg

Has anyone waiting for an order heard anything in the past one or two weeks? It seems like there was a wave of bikes being delivered, and since then nothing :?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

cberg wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:52 am
Has anyone waiting for an order heard anything in the past one or two weeks? It seems like there was a wave of bikes being delivered, and since then nothing :?
Not a thing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com