2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

A quick update from my side.
Done just over 2000 km since I regreased + put protection foil (started to make creaking sounds around 800 km) on the back of the seat post and so far no noises or issues at all. I plan to have an inspection of it at the end of the season.

Regarding the wheels I find the new ARC1400's to be surprisingly stable in windy conditions.

Really happy with my bike and it's fast!

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Stradabianche wrote:A quick update from my side.
Done just over 2000 km since I regreased + put protection foil (started to make creaking sounds around 800 km) on the back of the seat post and so far no noises or issues at all. I plan to have an inspection of it at the end of the season.

Regarding the wheels I find the new ARC1400's to be surprisingly stable in windy conditions.

How much do you weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:02 pm

How much do you weigh?

That is an impolite question 😉
But 73-74kg. Why?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Stradabianche wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:09 pm
mrbrown4001 wrote:

How much do you weigh?

That is an impolite question 😉
But 73-74kg. Why?
generally the heavier you are,the less you are affected by cross windwinds (wheels) and maybe you will apply more force/flex on the seatpost ..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

spdntrxi wrote:
Stradabianche wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:09 pm
mrbrown4001 wrote:

How much do you weigh?

That is an impolite question Image
But 73-74kg. Why?
generally the heavier you are,the less you are affected by cross windwinds (wheels) and maybe you will apply more force/flex on the seatpost ..
This is exactly why I asked. I spoke with a rep from canyon who confirmed that they are making more dimensions of the handlebars, they didn’t tell me if they would allow you to swap handlebars at no cost (I doubt they will). I also asked about 105/rival builds and they said next year at the earliest…..so no answer there lol

Ytse

by Ytse

WW gang, where do I find exact dimensions of the CP018 Aerobar mounted on the Aeroad? What is the reach number? Is it a standard -6 degress stem?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Ytse wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:51 pm
WW gang, where do I find exact dimensions of the CP018 Aerobar mounted on the Aeroad? What is the reach number? Is it a standard -6 degress stem?
Does it even exist?
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Ytse

by Ytse

Cannoli wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:41 pm
Ytse wrote:
Does it even exist?
According to Canyon, it is the factory barstem on the Aeroad CFR and CF SLX.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

AAD

by AAD

I have a 2022 Aeroad CFR (6.94kg). My seatpost only had slight clicking and was more or less solved via the tape on the back of the seatpost method. A much greater issue for me was the racket that my chain was making. I didn't realize it at the time, but the noise developed after I installed a SIGEYI direct derailluer hanger; I've used one before on my Tarmac SL7 and thought it did improve the shifting. But after my experience with the Aeroad, I'm not so sure that was the case. Before we got to the derailluer hanger, we changed cassettes (DA 11-28 to DA 11-30), changed chains from the original Shimano chain to a KMC and back and forth. Then we played with the B-screw, which helped a lot, but the shop kept saying the noise was still more than a "normal" Shimano cassette set up. Finally, we swapped back to the original Canyon derailluer hanger and that made a big difference and it seems that the shifting is actually better! So I'm just mentioning all this in case someone else has gone down the same path I have.

Attachments
IMG_0197.JPG

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Was the hanger correctly aligned? Anyone I think Sigeyi is trying to save a bit too much weight and compromising on stiffness

AAD

by AAD

Pretty sure the hanger was allined right. It's pretty stiff.

AAD

by AAD

Also regarding the 2022 Aeroad CFR, is it true that the bar/stem cannot be raised, only lowered?

AAD

KalleWirsch

by KalleWirsch

You can lower it and raise it again to the factory position.
You can´t raise it higher as the factory position with all spacers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qw4L8Hs8Xg

AAD

by AAD

Yes, that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Ytse wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:26 pm
Cannoli wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:41 pm
Ytse wrote:
Does it even exist?
According to Canyon, it is the factory barstem on the Aeroad CFR and CF SLX.
I'm sorry, I thought you were asking about TT/Aero bars that the old Aeroad offered as an add-on. There is no such aero bars for the new Aeroad. My mistake.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)