2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Its nice to see they are now actively approaching Aeroad owners for the installation of the handlebars and seatpost on their bikes. Let's hope the delivery of the unfilled orders will start someday soon as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

akb

by akb

TomS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:23 am
tomtom wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
akb wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 am
Two days ago, I brought my Aeroad CFR (received end of January, ridden since then with a lot of joy) to the Canyon Service Center in the Netherlands. They contacted my by phone and it was the only option they offered to me. Small country, so I think for most people in NL this is a feasible option.

As I understood from the service guy they will remove the existing seatpost sleeve and glue (?) in the new one. This needs to harden out at least a day. Hence the expected 3-4 days before I can pick up the bike again. This won't be something your LBS will be able to do. Keep you posted on the results.
"existing seatpost sleeve"? As far as I know/can see there is no sleeve in the "old" situation....so what do you mean?
I tink he is referring to the existing carbon insert - apparently the seatpost consists of 2 pieces, which will not be visible to the eye?
Exactly. Although not visible, apparently there is already an existing sleeve as we might see in the reported cracks by brusknl. Also in the service email they mentioned a "new sleeve". Sure, this is all speculation, but that's not uncommon in this thread :wink:

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

henau212 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:03 am
Dieselbike wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 am
Rora wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pm
One of Canyon's commercial team called me today informing they're going to send me a shipping label for my Canyon. I asked him if there's an option for me to fix the handlebar and seatpost myself or to give it to my LBS but he said this is not an option. I asked if I need to ship wheels or just frame is enough but he responded they need the complete bike and that they will be fully responsible for any damages caused during shipment. Regarding the timeline, he said it'll take 1x week plus shipping time. A little bit disappointing that the bike must be sent to Germany but at least it's happening. Anyone else got similar call today? Im from Ireland btw.
Some action finally is good though. thats great to hear.
Interesting to see that exsiting owners are now being contacted to arrange the repairs.
Has anyone waiting on a new bike had any contact? If not, it would seem that they are prioritising the repair over delivery of new bikes.

I'm still waiting on a reply to my questions over availability of the new groupsets being an option if I cancel my order.
I was told 12s will ship from November on (Germany). But limited quantitiy. That is why 11s is still up for order. I do not know when those will start shipping again.
Canyon responded to my query about the new 12s options and delivery on my existing order.
The update is they expect my order to be delivered this side of Xmas (which really contradicts the Autumn estimate).
They weren't able to provide any information for 12s availability. They suggest that if I want to wait for the 12s Ultegra I should cancel my order and wait until the new specs are released.
They didn't comment on the expected price increase. (Current order is €5700, online price has been hiked to €5900). I expect this will go up again, and even moreso when the new specs are released. So straight off I'm expecting to lose €200 plus the additional cost of the latest parts.
Cancelling and reordering at a later date will result in an even longer wait - potentially at the back of a long queue.

mal

by mal

anyone from UE canceled? how long did you have to wait for a refund? right now I have no bike, no order, and no money, so the best deal ever :D

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

mal wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:49 pm
anyone from UE canceled? how long did you have to wait for a refund? right now I have no bike, no order, and no money, so the best deal ever :D
I am in Germany. I didn't cancel yet but asked for a refund: asked for it on thursday, it was on my account on monday. I guess for another country in the UE you might need a couple of days more.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Apparently my recent health Issues are due to anxiety...... Im blaming Canyon, sure why not :D

henau212

by henau212

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:15 pm
henau212 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:03 am
Dieselbike wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 am

Some action finally is good though. thats great to hear.
Interesting to see that exsiting owners are now being contacted to arrange the repairs.
Has anyone waiting on a new bike had any contact? If not, it would seem that they are prioritising the repair over delivery of new bikes.

I'm still waiting on a reply to my questions over availability of the new groupsets being an option if I cancel my order.
I was told 12s will ship from November on (Germany). But limited quantitiy. That is why 11s is still up for order. I do not know when those will start shipping again.
Canyon responded to my query about the new 12s options and delivery on my existing order.
The update is they expect my order to be delivered this side of Xmas (which really contradicts the Autumn estimate).
They weren't able to provide any information for 12s availability. They suggest that if I want to wait for the 12s Ultegra I should cancel my order and wait until the new specs are released.
They didn't comment on the expected price increase. (Current order is €5700, online price has been hiked to €5900). I expect this will go up again, and even moreso when the new specs are released. So straight off I'm expecting to lose €200 plus the additional cost of the latest parts.
Cancelling and reordering at a later date will result in an even longer wait - potentially at the back of a long queue.
Forgot to say that I was talking about the MvdP edition. But the website now is saying December.. Limiting factor here is the PM which will be released November/December timeframe.. I do not know about the normal version.
Markup for the Ultimate is 500€ so I would expect the same for the Aeroad.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

I was just on the Canyon US site and it looks like there are some small pricing errors on Aeroad CF SLX's on the title page...I don't know of a CF SLX that starts at $2,999 :smartass:

Too bad there aren't any in stock at that price :roll:
Attachments
Canyon.png

solotalent

by solotalent

Was called by Canyon today to make an appointment for the replacement of the handlebars / seat post. I will drop the bike of at the servicecenter (Eindhoven, Netherlands), although they also gave me the option to send it there free of charge.
Nice that this is finally taken care of.

lycradork

by lycradork

Has anyone used the 2021 Aeroad with a recent Wahoo Kickr (2018 / v5)? Does the frame mount to the trainer properly with no compatibility issues?

inean

by inean

There's a new dream build of Canyon Aeroad on YouTube. Seatpost solution could be see at 11:06

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

garbageman

by garbageman

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:28 pm
I was just on the Canyon US site and it looks like there are some small pricing errors on Aeroad CF SLX's on the title page...I don't know of a CF SLX that starts at $2,999 :smartass:

There's a couple previous-gen CF SLX framesets available in the outlet for $2,999.

joaoapura

by joaoapura

lycradork wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:12 pm
Has anyone used the 2021 Aeroad with a recent Wahoo Kickr (2018 / v5)? Does the frame mount to the trainer properly with no compatibility issues?
I have a Wahoo Kickr v5 and I had zero compatibility issues. Just make sure you have someone helping you when mounting the frame to the trainer, because if the alignment is not correct, you'll take ages.

m03ppp

by m03ppp

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:28 pm

FWIW they also had a pricing error during the "launch" at the beginning of the year (the WMN version was priced 200€ less than the normal variant for a day or so) and they did follow through with. So if you have the chance might be worth taking the risk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichBUK

by RichBUK

I've just had a friendly chap from the UK Canyon service centre on the phone, they have arranged to pick my size M SLX next week, returning 6 days later is the plan.