2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djemz

by djemz

Now i see that triangle in the back. Maybe it is indeed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

wozzo

by wozzo

djemz wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Obvious...
Attachments
20221218_133856.jpg
20221218_133945.jpg

djemz

by djemz

wozzo wrote:
djemz wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Obvious...
It's also very bad quality.. If you look at the shape of the wheels. Not totally convinced but it's possible.

MattVega

by MattVega

OOOOOOF. Multiple reflections here

First off: that picture quality is awful, both that wedge at the 'clamp' and the fork can be due to angle

2nd: All the Alpecin riders on altitude training are using the 'old' Aeroad. I'd be surprised that they'd prepare on old material for the new season

3rd: it's not his personal Red Aeroad (which was in a promotional video yesterday!)

4th: if every time VDP rides a test bike we'd have a new Aeroad , we'd be 136 iterations further down the line.

this is VDP's Aeroad @ Dwars Door Vlaanderen 2021. Never made it in production.

Until we see clear pictures we cannot say anything about a 'new' Aeroad :smartass:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The new seatpost clamp is undeniable

wozzo

by wozzo

MattVega wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:26 pm

First off: that picture quality is awful, both that wedge at the 'clamp' and the fork can be due to angle

2nd: All the Alpecin riders on altitude training are using the 'old' Aeroad. I'd be surprised that they'd prepare on old material for the new season

3rd: it's not his personal Red Aeroad (which was in a promotional video yesterday!)

4th: if every time VDP rides a test bike we'd have a new Aeroad , we'd be 136 iterations further down the line.

Until we see clear pictures we cannot say anything about a 'new' Aeroad :smartass:
1. What? Really?
2. What? Did you ever see "old" aeroad?
3. So you want them to show the world new revision, while they have loads still to be sold?
4. Yeah, I can agree with that. Present aeroad was seen on zwift marketing campaign 1-2 years before the official release, if i remember that correctly.

MattVega

by MattVega

wozzo wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:56 pm
MattVega wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:26 pm

1. What? Really?
2. What? Did you ever see "old" aeroad?
3. So you want them to show the world new revision, while they have loads still to be sold?
4. Yeah, I can agree with that. Present aeroad was seen on zwift marketing campaign 1-2 years before the official release, if i remember that correctly.

1: sry if I think that a -what I think to be- screenshot of a video is of bad quality. opinions differ :)
2: Ok, my wording could have been better. I meant the current Aeroad, not the old one :)
3: Ok, valid point. they do still have loads to sell and would be foolish to show the world a new revision.

hubevash

by hubevash

I noticed it on my seat tube. I feel the recess by touching. This is my 3rd frame, the previous two broke on the rear fork...
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

hubevash wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am
I noticed it on my seat tube. I feel the recess by touching. This is my 3rd frame, the previous two broke on the rear fork...
Noticed what?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:59 pm
hubevash wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am
Noticed what?
I think the reference is to the slight dip in the carbon layup that can be seen directly to the left of the top of the bottle cage. When I had my Aeroad it broke on both chainstays where they attach to the BB area. I guess if I had gotten a new Aeroad frame and saw any bit of weirdness in that area I would be paranoid too.

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:46 pm
The new seatpost clamp is undeniable
Looks like it indeed: https://road.cc/content/tech-news/mathi ... oad-298145

johanalexander

by johanalexander

Kinda looks like a prototype of the current frame. Maybe it's a frame that never made it to production and now they're back at the drawing board looking at where they did "wrong" last time?

Just brain storming.
Eating trash'n riding fast

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see anything until 2025, given how the original release went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattVega

by MattVega

Ok the last one is a good picture ;-) it's definitely a prototype bike tough.

It does look like the current clamping mechanism is still there, (the hole in the back of the seat tube) or are my eyes deceiving me?