2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomS

by TomS

TomS wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:44 am
threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:33 pm
I also had a chat with the dutch Canyon CS 5 minutes ago and they told me that the oldest unfilled orders will be revised first. He told me that the bikes would be sent in "the coming week or weeks", but couldn't be anymore specific about it. I guess its hopeful that they are mentioning the coming week/weeks, that should mean we aren't talking about the timespan of a few months anymore (and rightfully so....).
I just had a chat with Belgian CS and asked them 1) about when my ordered Aeroad would be delivered (Ultegra di2 ordered in Januray, was back then expected in May); and 2) whether it was known when the 12 speed Ultegra's would become available (and if so, at what price and with/without powermeter). Here are the interesting answers, which does not bring us much further :roll:

- Shipping of Aeroads in size S and M will start end of September, at a rate of +- 70 per day (I suspect worldwide, not just in Belgium :mrgreen: )
- no info on when other sizes like my XXL would start shipping, but CS guessed it would not be long afterwards at that rate
- no info on Ultegra 12 speed at all - only that Shimano indicated that they could start delivering 12 speed sets in december AT THE EARLIEST. But since all brands are waiting for these sets, most likely it will be well into 2022 before they can get a hand on enough groupsets to start selling those. No indication of price...

Based on the above info I received looooooong time ago I had some hope of Canyon being able to send out all existing order by the end of November... but I guess we won't get to see (let alone ride) our Aeroads before X-mas. Which is fine by me if they were to simply let us know that it would take them untill february or so (please not later :unbelievable: ) AND if this would mean they are making adjustments to the frame (chainstays/seattube) that would ensure new bikes would be (practically) flawless. But the lack of communication is getting me pretty frustrated :evil: ...
I don't intend to ask Canyon CS (or should I say BS? :mrgreen: ) for another update since it will just be inaccurate yet again. Has anyone heard of people receiving bikes in the last few weeks??

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I was told 5 weeks a go a new update was about to be sent to all wth outstanding orders but obviously that didnt happen.

I notice they now have a catch all statement on their site for all shipments saying the estimated delviery is not accurate due to part shortages.
As we discussed before i'm pretty sure all those special edition ultimates they did exhausted their stock of parts as we expected and now we are paying the price (again).

There is no hope of us seeing these bikes imo if you ordered shimano. They wont be able to get the older groupsets to cover the orders now.
I expect a mail cancelling this order from them and them telling me re order with no special treatment.

Theyre a disgrace.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bratz

by bratz

Aerohead23 wrote:
I expect a mail cancelling this order from them and them telling me re order with no special treatment.
Im expecting this to happenImage

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

bratz wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Im expecting this to happenImage
Hi,

Are you really expecting that? Would that be reordering a different spec because the old parts are not available? I can't wait another year :(

Not to mention that the price has gone up €200 since I ordered in Jan. So we lose out again!

TomS

by TomS

I sure hope not to be put back in line behind all others... not many alternatives for me (very long legs/inseam), Merida Reacto Team in XL sold out long ago, Reacto 9000 >19 months waiting so that will be July 2023 at the earliest...

bratz

by bratz

Have not cancelled my order though and having a strong feeling that they will not deliver and ask me to re-order the 12 speed model without any special priority

Hope im proven wrong

bratz

by bratz

TomS wrote:I sure hope not to be put back in line behind all others... not many alternatives for me (very long legs/inseam), Merida Reacto Team in XL sold out long ago, Reacto 9000 >19 months waiting so that will be July 2023 at the earliest...
Im actually considering the Reacto 8000e...looks nice but i prefer the Aeroad DTswiss wheels rather than Reynolds on Merida.

Dont want the hassle of selling parts. Liking the Aeroad for their stock parts. No upgrade needed for me.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Like if they dont have the parts to ship our bikes now, Shimano wont waste resources making more of the old groupsets now when theyre trying to get the new stuff out. So we have no hope. As they keep saying no pre order other than if you sign up for notifications, which anyone can do.

LancashireDry

by LancashireDry

The Canyon U.K. site has been updated for the Ultimate with new shimano equipped bikes available this year.

Looks like parts supply issues are starting to improve. Fingers crossed that this will apply to Aeroad soon

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The previous canyon aeroad was one of the most popular bikes ever. I am sure this one will be just as popular.

Canyon is successful because of their competitive pricing and their great marketing. And marketing sells bikes.

m03ppp

by m03ppp

usr wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:50 am
The seatpost is clamped at "b" and also resting, (when loaded) at "a" but theres a deliberate gap to fore at "c" (between a and b) so the seatpost can bulge forward a little to give in at "d", so that it is already passing through "a" at an angle when loaded. As opposed to how a conventionally clamped seatpost, which would exit the frame perfectly aligned with the frame tube and would only give in to load (what you want, for getting good marks in "comfort" lab measurements). The flex the post is accumulating below a is not contributing as much to saddle travel as it would of it was just clamped at b and continuously resting against the frame below, but much more than of it was clamped at a continuously resting below. Saddle deflection at "d" is based an the sum of the flex above a and below a. Kind of like Trek Isospeed but without an actual hinge and decoupling seatpost from seat tube instead of decoupling seat tube from top tube and seat stays.
Thanks, I think this is a better/more complete explanation of how the seat post flexes.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I notice the new Ultimates are mostly Sram , and one dura ace. no Ultegra.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:24 am
I notice the new Ultimates are mostly Sram , and one dura ace. no Ultegra.
Nice looking bike though. The XS is not available! Also the DA is a bit over the budget.
Hopefully they are saving the 12sp Ultegra for our Aeroads!

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

The new ultimates seem to be selling like hot cakes. Tempted but I don't think the White colour scheme would do well on Irish roads!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I think the Ulitmate is a bit out of date now, so im passing on it.