2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cberg

by cberg

I guess it depend on where they measure handlebar reach from

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willvousden

by willvousden

BertD wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:43 pm
Maybe they measure to the center of a theoretical standard 31,8mm handlebar (around about 15mm before the front end of the handlebar). That would make sense from a bike-fitters opinion; measuring this way makes it possible to compare the handlebar (and bike fitting) with other handlebars from other brands.
This is what I would expect. After all, a regular stem is measured from the centre of the steerer clamp to the centre of the handlebar clamp.

BertD

by BertD

Question, is there anyone who has already installed the Shimano EW-WU111 module in their bike? There was a discussion about this on this forum a while ago, but when I read it back I don't quite understand it. Can you just mount this module directly behind your EW-RS910 junction box? I don't have any experience with Di2 so I'd rather be sure before I take it apart 😇

robbosmans

by robbosmans

You will need one extra cable, the shorter the better, then just add it anywhere, doesn’t really matter that much. Depending on how you want to use it its recommended to place it some at the front of the bike to get a good signal to your bike computer

floriansantana

by floriansantana

BertD wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:56 pm
Question, is there anyone who has already installed the Shimano EW-WU111 module in their bike? There was a discussion about this on this forum a while ago, but when I read it back I don't quite understand it. Can you just mount this module directly behind your EW-RS910 junction box? I don't have any experience with Di2 so I'd rather be sure before I take it apart 😇
As said above, you need a short cable and the unit, then just put it anywhere you want. On an existing and finished bike it’s easiest to plug it into junction A or the battery.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

kipers

by kipers

BertD wrote:Question, is there anyone who has already installed the Shimano EW-WU111 module in their bike? There was a discussion about this on this forum a while ago, but when I read it back I don't quite understand it. Can you just mount this module directly behind your EW-RS910 junction box? I don't have any experience with Di2 so I'd rather be sure before I take it apart Image
I did it few weeks ago, when got my handlebars replaced.

As others say you need also a cable, the shortest, 150 mm will do. I also got this Shimano tool for connecting / dosconnecting cables - it is cheap and helps a great deal operating with cables on junction box.

I put it directly behind the junction in the right handlebar, sits nice and tidy, no rattling.

I also used the opportunity to wrap the tape a bit differently - i was enjoying the thicker ends of pervious hamdlebars, so i emulated that with the tape when wrapping up.

All took me like 20 minutes with unwrapping / wrapping both ends of handlebar and i’m far from being a mechanic.
Last edited by kipers on Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomS

by TomS

floriansantana wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:51 pm
BertD wrote:
As said above, you need a short cable and the unit, then just put it anywhere you want. On an existing and finished bike it’s easiest to plug it into junction A or the battery.
I ordered the EW-WU111 unit with the bike (added it later to the order), it's just 70euro: https://www.canyon.com/en-be/gear/bike- ... 04396.html
the cable I ordered elsewhere...

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I notice GCN started doing videos with the Aeroad again with Simon Richardson. Has the new seat post fix . Presumably they must be available again soon if they're starting the promos like that

Sace

by Sace

Aerohead23 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm
I notice GCN started doing videos with the Aeroad again with Simon Richardson. Has the new seat post fix . Presumably they must be available again soon if they're starting the promos like that
Seems to be with the new DA too, doesn't it?

kombas

by kombas

BertD wrote:
Did mine today. I used a 350mm cable. Puched it down the hole where the left shifter Di2 cable is coming out of the bar. Remove the endcap so the cable can exit. Connect the module, puch it back in the bar and reinstal de endcap. Connect the other end to the the shifter. Reinstall the bartape and your done! Be carfull with changing the BT pin!

BertD

by BertD

Thanks for the response everyone, I ordered an extra cable so next week I can install the EW-WU111, somewhere in the handlebar I guess 😊
In my opinion it's a little strange that they don't already install the EW-WU111 module right in the factory, or at least offer it as an option. I suppose most people install it afterwards.

baldav74

by baldav74

Hello,
The email that I was no longer expecting! one year later...
CANYON FRANCE order from January 12, 2021:
"We are processing your order, estimated delivery date Jan 10 - 21, 2022"
Attachments
canyon-aeroad-03.jpg

cberg

by cberg

baldav74 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 pm
Hello,
Great!
Large White? When was your original estimated delivery? :o

baldav74

by baldav74

cberg wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm
baldav74 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 pm
Hello,
Great!
Large White? When was your original estimated delivery? :o
It is a size "L"
The original delivery date was February 15 - 19, 2021

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cberg

by cberg

Same original delivery date as me then, fingers crossed I also hear something soon :)