2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willvousden

by willvousden

SeanD380 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:32 am
Also anyone found a nice rear light that fits nicely? Hate it when they look like they have been bolted on. I have the front covered.
Out of interest what did you use for the front?

SeanD380

by SeanD380

I bought a Topeak UTF mount which also has a GoPro mount. Then use a Exposure light with a GoPro mount.

But there are lots of front lights that will work with the GoPro mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thirdsun

by thirdsun

willvousden wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:46 am
SeanD380 wrote:
Also anyone found a nice rear light that fits nicely? Hate it when they look like they have been bolted on. I have the front covered.
There's also Canyon's own light, which is a combination of their front end computer mount and a light: https://www.canyon.com/de-lu/fahrradzub ... 06598.html

@SeanD380 Canyon also has a back light that fits the Aero seat post: https://www.canyon.com/de-lu/fahrradzub ... 06596.html

Personally I always recommend daytime running lights like Bontrager's Flare RT or Garmin's Varia Radar.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

willvousden

by willvousden

SeanD380 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:51 am
I bought a Topeak UTF mount which also has a GoPro mount. Then use a Exposure light with a GoPro mount.
I'm guessing it's an Exposure Strada? I have one too and it's quite heavy. Is it secure enough hanging off those two small M4 bolts?

SeanD380

by SeanD380

willvousden wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:32 am
SeanD380 wrote:
I'm guessing it's an Exposure Strada? I have one too and it's quite heavy. Is it secure enough hanging off those two small M4 bolts?
Its a Diablo, so only weights 120gms.

SeanD380

by SeanD380

thirdsun wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 am
willvousden wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:46 am
SeanD380 wrote:
There's also Canyon's own light, which is a combination of their front end computer mount and a light: https://www.canyon.com/de-lu/fahrradzub ... 06598.html

@SeanD380 Canyon also has a back light that fits the Aero seat post: https://www.canyon.com/de-lu/fahrradzub ... 06596.html

Personally I always recommend daytime running lights like Bontrager's Flare RT or Garmin's Varia Radar.
The Canyon Front light looks pretty good. Looking at the Knog Cobber for the rear.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Rear light: Lezyne Strip Drive Pro 300

Seatpost creak: Started after about 300 miles. Put a piece of 3M tape around the top back and side. Put a little more white grease on the lower front. Carbon paste on the rear lower portion.

No noise for last 150 miles. We will see if it lasts.

juraj

by juraj

Hi, does anyone have experience with getting canyon aeroad from the outlet ? there are generally nice deals with description of whats the issue.

Example: https://www.canyon.com/en-sk/outlet-bik ... &history=1

This one says: "Bikes in this category may have the odd scratch, chipped paintwork or colour deviations. The cassette and chain will have been used but display no obvious signs of wear."

Aeroad 2021 specific: the first picture does not show the rubber sealant for seatpost, however the detailed pics show its alrady there - assuming all aeroads now come with the rubber ?

thirdsun

by thirdsun

juraj wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:58 am
Hi, does anyone have experience with getting canyon aeroad from the outlet ? there are generally nice deals with description of whats the issue.

Example: https://www.canyon.com/en-sk/outlet-bik ... &history=1

This one says: "Bikes in this category may have the odd scratch, chipped paintwork or colour deviations. The cassette and chain will have been used but display no obvious signs of wear."

Aeroad 2021 specific: the first picture does not show the rubber sealant for seatpost, however the detailed pics show its alrady there - assuming all aeroads now come with the rubber ?
The first pictures are just the generic product photos from the time the bike was launched. Back then obviously without the rubber seat post addon. The pictures below are of the actual bike you're about to buy. That way you can judge the condition of the bike. Since the sealing is shown there you're fine.

In general Canyon's outlet bikes are very good deals - they used to feature greater discounts but these days they don't have to go any lower. Those bikes usually sell out in hours or days. Their condition is great or as described/pictured and at least in Germany you benefit from warranty and the same return policy as their regular bikes.

If you want this bike buy it and don't think about it too long.

Edit: It's already out of stock for me.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

juraj

by juraj

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:06 pm

The first pictures are just the generic product photos from the time the bike was launched. Back then obviously without the rubber seat post addon. The pictures below are of the actual bike you're about to buy. That way you can judge the condition of the bike. Since the sealing is shown there you're fine.

In general Canyon's outlet bikes are very good deals - they used to feature greater discounts but these days they don't have to go any lower. Those bikes usually sell out in hours or days. Their condition is great or as described/pictured and at least in Germany you benefit from warranty and the same return policy as their regular bikes.

If you want this bike buy it and don't think about it too long.

Edit: It's already out of stock for me.
thanks - I was a bit nervous since the deal seemed too good and bought it already - so its out of stock bcs of me :). Yes - I bought within EU so the warranties & returns were as with a new bike.

will upate here once I get it, on the condition of an "outlet" bike.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

When are we getting the new Shimano in North America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

willvousden

by willvousden

SeanD380 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:01 pm
willvousden wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:32 am
SeanD380 wrote:
Its a Diablo, so only weights 120gms.
Fair enough. I took the chance and bought a mount for my Strada (K-Edge IHS). The light weighs 200 g.
PXL_20220609_063217631.jpg

DocTP1885

by DocTP1885

Hey everyone. Ninja reader and finally posting. I was able to get a hold of Canyon CF SLX 8 force etap XS. From the U.S and surprisingly shipping was lightening fast. I order last Friday while I was having lunch. Came home and already got notification the bike was shipped! Had date to arrive on jun 9, but it came in a day early. Big win for me. I've only ridden it twice and amazingly everything was dialed in from by body geo setup, gearing, etc... It's a rocket ship for sure and I'm getting use to the disc brakes and performance. Came from a 2017 Spesh S-Works, so going from 42cm wide handlebar and rim brakes to 39cm handlebar and disc brakes is an eye opener for sure, but I'm loving the change.

The biggest question I have are the Zipp 404 firecrest wheels that came with the model. I know the 404 are hookless rims. I know their max psi is 72.* When I read the component description, it said continetal gp 5000 "clincher" so I thought maybe it's a typo or they didn't update their page to say 5000S TR since this is technically one of the few brand/model that are approved to be used on the 404.

When I was putting the bike together sure enough the tires showed gp 5000 "clincher." So my biggest question is...will this be safe to ride on until I buy some 5000S TR? I would assume it will be ok since Canyon supplied this spec and I assume maybe they had a conversation with Zipp and Zipp "quietly" said it's fine since technically they can't mention that on their website because of the whole ETRTO (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation) basically stating what can and can't be used on tire and wheel combinations?

I'm also worried if I continue with the clincher tires on a hookless rim, my warranty on the wheels might be voided.

Anyone riding the zipp 404 with the GP 5000 clinchers and what were your thoughts on this?

SeanD380

by SeanD380

DocTP1885 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:24 pm
Hey everyone. Ninja reader and finally posting. I was able to get a hold of Canyon CF SLX 8 force etap XS. From the U.S and surprisingly shipping was lightening fast. I order last Friday while I was having lunch. Came home and already got notification the bike was shipped! Had date to arrive on jun 9, but it came in a day early. Big win for me. I've only ridden it twice and amazingly everything was dialed in from by body geo setup, gearing, etc... It's a rocket ship for sure and I'm getting use to the disc brakes and performance. Came from a 2017 Spesh S-Works, so going from 42cm wide handlebar and rim brakes to 39cm handlebar and disc brakes is an eye opener for sure, but I'm loving the change.

The biggest question I have are the Zipp 404 firecrest wheels that came with the model. I know the 404 are hookless rims. I know their max psi is 72.* When I read the component description, it said continetal gp 5000 "clincher" so I thought maybe it's a typo or they didn't update their page to say 5000S TR since this is technically one of the few brand/model that are approved to be used on the 404.

When I was putting the bike together sure enough the tires showed gp 5000 "clincher." So my biggest question is...will this be safe to ride on until I buy some 5000S TR? I would assume it will be ok since Canyon supplied this spec and I assume maybe they had a conversation with Zipp and Zipp "quietly" said it's fine since technically they can't mention that on their website because of the whole ETRTO (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation) basically stating what can and can't be used on tire and wheel combinations?

I'm also worried if I continue with the clincher tires on a hookless rim, my warranty on the wheels might be voided.

Anyone riding the zipp 404 with the GP 5000 clinchers and what were your thoughts on this?
Have you confirmed the rims are the hookless version?

They may be the previous version that had hooks

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

DocTP1885 wrote:Hey everyone. Ninja reader and finally posting. I was able to get a hold of Canyon CF SLX 8 force etap XS. From the U.S and surprisingly shipping was lightening fast. I order last Friday while I was having lunch. Came home and already got notification the bike was shipped! Had date to arrive on jun 9, but it came in a day early. Big win for me. I've only ridden it twice and amazingly everything was dialed in from by body geo setup, gearing, etc... It's a rocket ship for sure and I'm getting use to the disc brakes and performance. Came from a 2017 Spesh S-Works, so going from 42cm wide handlebar and rim brakes to 39cm handlebar and disc brakes is an eye opener for sure, but I'm loving the change.

I wouldn’t ride non-tubeless tires on those wheels. I’d also ask Canyon for a bit of a refund to help cover the cost of appropriate tires. It’s dangerous to ride hookless wheels with clincher tires.

Thankfully, there are plenty of choices now for hookless compatible tubeless tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com