2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mikhallev

by Mikhallev

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 am
Kind of a strange question but has anyone had trouble riding no handed on the new Aeroad? I took mine out for a short ride around my house and to my surprise when trying to ride no handed the bars veer left quite drastically. It did this every time I tried.

I have never had an issue on my old Aeroad and can literally ride no handed for quite some time. Just curious if anyone had the same experience? I ride no handed sometimes to relax but mostly to put on or take off gilets, arm warmers etc. It's a handy skill to have.
Yes I have the exact same problem. I think it is due to the cables being too long and causing the handlebar to lean on one side. My left brake cable is much longer than the right one. I'm not able to ride without the hands anymore where I could without any issue on my previous bike. It is quite anoying...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Mikhallev wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:51 pm
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 am
Kind of a strange question but has anyone had trouble riding no handed on the new Aeroad? I took mine out for a short ride around my house and to my surprise when trying to ride no handed the bars veer left quite drastically. It did this every time I tried.

I have never had an issue on my old Aeroad and can literally ride no handed for quite some time. Just curious if anyone had the same experience? I ride no handed sometimes to relax but mostly to put on or take off gilets, arm warmers etc. It's a handy skill to have.
Yes I have the exact same problem. I think it is due to the cables being too long and causing the handlebar to lean on one side. My left brake cable is much longer than the right one. I'm not able to ride without the hands anymore where I could without any issue on my previous bike. It is quite anoying...
Ok, so I'm not the only one. I was also thinking it had to do with the way all the cables were packed into the stem/headtube. My plan was to loosen everything up and for me, turn the handlebars to the right a coupld of times before straightening them back up. I was just curious if any others experienced the same thing.

Mikhallev

by Mikhallev

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm
Ok, so I'm not the only one. I was also thinking it had to do with the way all the cables were packed into the stem/headtube. My plan was to loosen everything up and for me, turn the handlebars to the right a coupld of times before straightening them back up. I was just curious if any others experienced the same thing.
I tried this aswell but I did not fix the issue in my case.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Mikhallev wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Maybe the only way to recify the issue would be to shorten up the cables a little. A lot of work but could be done when the bars are being replaced. I run my bars at the narrowest width.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 pm
Mikhallev wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:32 pm
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Maybe the only way to recify the issue would be to shorten up the cables a little. A lot of work but could be done when the bars are being replaced. I run my bars at the narrowest width.
This is my intention when the parts come in for replacement. I too have noticed the pull to the left on my Small. My wife's 2XS has an even more pronounced pull to the left, but she doesn't notice it as she doesn't ride "hands-free".

I also plan to see what can be done with the Di2 cables. I have a regular rattle when going over rough road that I hope to rectify when things are apart. Hopefully I can pull some slack out of the cables and secure them a bit better.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Mikhallev

by Mikhallev

I have the cable rattle issue aswell since I tried to fix the steering issue :cry: I plan to ask Canyon to fix those when replacing the handlebar but I have little to no hope about this being fixed as they'll probably rush to replace as much as possible.

badriver

by badriver

I'm completly frustated with Canyon. What are they selling right now?
City bikes, MTB? Is there anything for road bikes?
If they are not selling aeroad, what else??? Endurace was not updated this year (sold out since ever), Ultimate since it was updated that immediatelly the next shipping is July and August. Why was this not updated? is not that like they are fabricating aeroads.
It would be inexplicable if in July/August when shey start selling the ultimate again, they don't put out a model with integrated cables.
It seems they are more and more focusing on electric mobility, and 500+ models for MTB and putting road aside.

badriver

by badriver

I have the change for a Tarmac SL7 Pro DI2.. But its 7.7k€
For a bike that to my eyes is equal to aeroad SLX and cost less 1k€.
PS: And the paint job on the website is ok, but on reality its super super dark.

What it should be:

Reality

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

This is all just the marshmallow test in reality. If you have the bike and can wait then you will get one of the best bikes out there for relative peanuts. So do you want one mashmallow now or two later?

Sace

by Sace

Cannoli wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm
This is my intention when the parts come in for replacement. I too have noticed the pull to the left on my Small. My wife's 2XS has an even more pronounced pull to the left, but she doesn't notice it as she doesn't ride "hands-free".

I also plan to see what can be done with the Di2 cables. I have a regular rattle when going over rough road that I hope to rectify when things are apart. Hopefully I can pull some slack out of the cables and secure them a bit better.
Does the brake cables run in a foam sleeve on the production bikes like they show it in the build videos? If it does it might be enough to attach the DI2 cable to the sleeve with tape.
badriver wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:28 pm
PS: And the paint job on the website is ok, but on reality its super super dark.
I have that exact bike as I could not wait for the Aeroad. I really like the looks and it's super fast compared to my old Ultimate. I got mine for the same as the current price on the SLX and is really happy with the purchase.

Hopefully I'll be able to compare it with an Aeroad next year especially on comfort. I find the SL7 a bit harsher than my old bike and would like to compare them. Maybe we'll be able to try it at the local showroom after summer, who knows.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Bet Canyon are pleased with Castelli for putting this all over social media!
Attachments
C030D696-DD27-46CA-9452-3B11FFD73AF9.png

badriver

by badriver

Sace wrote:
Cannoli wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Does the brake cables run in a foam sleeve on the production bikes like they show it in the build videos? If it does it might be enough to attach the DI2 cable to the sleeve with tape.
badriver wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:28 pm
I have that exact bike as I could not wait for the Aeroad. I really like the looks and it's super fast compared to my old Ultimate. I got mine for the same as the current price on the SLX and is really happy with the purchase.

Hopefully I'll be able to compare it with an Aeroad next year especially on comfort. I find the SL7 a bit harsher than my old bike and would like to compare them. Maybe we'll be able to try it at the local showroom after summer, who knows.
For the same price would be ok, but not 7.7k. And what about the colors? It is no where near the pictures on their website.

My problem is that I sold my bike already.
No bike and no good alternative. Still hopping they do something with ultimate.

And that they focus on road!!

bikepetrol

by bikepetrol

Turtlespeed wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm
For those who opted for Cube Litening instead of areoad is it a harsh ride ?
Maybe I am a bit late to the party, but I just read an article about the Cube Litening in a Dutch cycling magazine. They compared the Cube Litening C:68X SLT vs Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert vs Trek Madone SLR 7 vs Cannondale SystemSix. The ride feeling of the Cube Litening was described as follows: "The handlebar-frame combination ensures that the whole feels very hard and direct. This is not a bike for delicate bodies." On a 10-point scale, they gave it a 6,5 comfort rating. The Tarmac SL7 came out of the test as a very comfortable aero-racer, with a comfort rating of 8,5.

From what I've read, the Specialized Tarmac SL7 and the new Canyon Aeroad CF are believed to be on par considering the comfort rating. So you may conclude that the Cube Litening is (kind of) a harsh ride, compared tot the Tarmac SL7 and new Aeroad.

cberg

by cberg

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm
Bet Canyon are pleased with Castelli for putting this all over social media!
Seatpost is intact! :lol:

Sace

by Sace

badriver wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm

For the same price would be ok, but not 7.7k. And what about the colors? It is no where near the pictures on their website.

My problem is that I sold my bike already.
No bike and no good alternative. Still hopping they do something with ultimate.

And that they focus on road!!
I think the red one is more off on the color than the others I have seen.

Would tend to agree that the price is too steep as the bikes are very similar. But if it's the only option to get on the road I would personally go for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com