2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

bikepetrol wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:55 am
As has been said before. It is strange, the least, that no one on this forum has mentioned that they were approached by Canyon/GetBikeService to change their bar and seatpost. Nevertheless many of us, myself included, have been told over the past couple of weeks that the first bikes are having their bar/seatpost replaced.

Seems that either none bikes are actually having their bar/seatpost replaced, or no one speaks about it on forums. The latter could be true as there is only a select group of (hopefully soon to be) owners that is active on these forums. However, the chance that no active forum-member is being approached by Canyon/GetBikeService for their replacement is getting smaller by the day.

So, if there is anyone that has been approached yet, could you make yourself heard?
A poll in a Canyon Facebook group seems to shed some light on the situation. Some people are telling their bikes are actually being repaired or are scheduled to being repaired. So it seems to be true that 'no news' on the forum is due to a select group being active on this forum.
Yeah this forum does not contain every Canyon owner your right.
Be nice for people to share updates but you dont want to overload it either.
But i am done with the dicussion on the Canyon sales model.

Useful updates only please

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

I certainly don't want to talk about the direct sales model and I hope this message doesn't trigger another debate about it.

Many months ago when the recall was announced, existing impacted owners were compensated and given a "stop ride" notice. The compensation was to allow them source another bike while the handlebar/seatpost issue was being resolved. (Although you'd never get a bike for that money - it was a nice gesture)
At the same time, people that had undelivered orders had to sit tight and wait.

I don't believe the discussion is about people wanting to customise their own personal bike/spec. It's about getting some level of compensation for the extended wait (NOT cash compensation). Due to the release of new Shimano groupsets, and the hugely increased delivery times existing orders have been devalued.
It seems like a lot of waiting customers would like the option to get the latest groupsets included on their build. This isn't a cusomization request - it's a form of compensation. I think its only fair that customers waiting this length of time should be afforded preference to order the newer specs when they become available and be at the front of the queue for their loyalty and patience.

Also, as another poster stated: Nobody on here is saying that they have got a delivery date or been contacted about handlebar/seatpost replacements. That does seem strange and makes the imminent delivery notice we received on 31/AUG look like an untruth. The frustration continues.

tomtom

by tomtom

According to a/the FB poll a minute ago;

- 30 people have not (yet) been approached for a seatpots/handlebar replacement
- 5 are replaced "right now"
- 1 is scheduled
- zero people have had a replacement already and there bikes back
Something is happening... Asked Canyon NL again how long it's going to take for my bike (they don't know) and if they could communicate better/more often to us what is going on (they will try/see whats possible).
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

inean

by inean

tomtom wrote:According to a/the FB poll a minute ago;

- 1 is scheduled
Something is happening... Asked Canyon NL again how long it's going to take for my bike (they don't know) and if they could communicate better/more often to us what is going on (they will try/see whats possible).
1 week to make replacement because of the sleeve.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

tomtom

by tomtom

inean wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:02 pm
tomtom wrote:According to a/the FB poll a minute ago;

- 1 is scheduled
1 week to make replacement because of the sleeve.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk
I don't want the F sleeve :mrgreen: !
Last edited by tomtom on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

tomtom wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:52 pm

- 1 is scheduled
Have they run a pole to ask anyone waiting on bikes if they received info? or recieved their proceed to pay link?

tomtom

by tomtom

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:42 pm
tomtom wrote:

- 1 is scheduled
Have they run a pole to ask anyone waiting on bikes if they received info? or recieved their proceed to pay link?
Not that I see/know off. But I joined today and will end it today as well so you can join them yourself and/or make a poll. To many "LOOK@me, LOOK@me" people....while there is nothing to see for my taste :mrgreen: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

tomtom wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:05 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:42 pm
tomtom wrote:

- 1 is scheduled
Not that I see/know off. But I joined today and will end it today as well so you can join them yourself and/or make a poll. To many "LOOK@me, LOOK@me" people....while there is nothing to see for my taste :mrgreen: !
I won't be joining , not on Facebook it's more poisonous then forums

tomtom

by tomtom

It's way more friendly towards Canyon and others than WW but there is about 1% knowlegde of bikes ;-)!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

yungillmatic

by yungillmatic

Haven't heard anything yet either (NL). It's kind of laughable at this point.

brusknl

by brusknl

yungillmatic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Same, no updates at all (NL)
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

TomS

by TomS

brusknl wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:56 am
yungillmatic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Same, no updates at all (NL)
Seems to me like it would cost them less (time) if they were to send regular updates rather than waiting for all of us to individually ask for updates.... but hey, we're just the customers asking for proper communication and the customer is always wrong :smartass:

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I've been told I will see my bike this side of Christmas which is something .

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:43 am
I've been told I will see my bike this side of Christmas which is something .
Question is: do you believe in Santa Claus 🎅? J/k

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

niklasp

by niklasp

This thread is hilarious.

I feel sorry for you all. Buying the unicorn forever ago...