2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tomtom

by tomtom

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:19 pm
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 pm
calleking wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:36 pm
I had the gen 2 Aeroad CF SLX rim version. Fantastic bike. Sold it to a friend and always regretted it.

Despite being a big fan of the Aeroad, which had next to no issues, I have to say that this thread makes me hesitate to buy the latest version.
My 2019 Aeroad which I still have has been an absolutely great bike. I haven't had one single problem with it so I guess I have been on both sides of the spectrum. Even though my 2021 Aeroad has had issues, I'm hopeful that it's replacement will be A-ok. Remember, the internet will always be an exagerated picture of issues that any brand has. Customer service and seatpost issue aside, I still will be happy to get the new Aeroad back.
This is very true, also note that people in general won't go and vent about their bike online when its performing just fine. In this thread you'll mainly find people that have something to complain about their bike or want to follow the updates on the Aeroad. I'm still confident that my Aeroad i'll be receiving later this year will be an amazing bike!
I have had an Aeroad I, II rimbrake, II discbrake and now an Aeroad CFR. Although I like my former Aeroad's very much my latest is the best & most beautiful :D ! The cockpit and seatpost are still the "cleanest" I have seen on any bike so far. It's faster, more stable and more comfortable but a real pain to assemble the wires throughout the cockpit. The chrome color is imo astonishing but the three stripes on the seatstays are ridiculously bad (One ride on top of my car in the rain and they are badly damaged)?! Apart from the seatpost/bar problems some things are strange/annoying: place of the Di2 battery still in the downtube, thru axles have another pitch than the former Ultimate Disc (I had that too) and Aeroad Disc, fidly plastic covers for the thru axles, still easy rusting headset barings, still a fiddly mounted (little, easy to damage, screws) derailleur hanger, and (again) different from the former models (why not more uniformity). I would have thought/liked that Canyon would have solved/improved those "minor" flaws but all & all I'm still very happy with my bike. I'm riding it now in France (Morvan) on (much) worse & steeper roads than @home in the Netherlands. But also over here it's still a fantastic ride/bike :mrgreen: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Sooooo apparently anyone with an order for the New aeroad will not be get an update before October! However!!! They may go on sale again before that! So F@€k you loyal customers who waited patiently we are are going to go for the newbies at a higher price point! Excellent well done Canyon

usr

by usr

Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm
They may go on sale again before that!
Year, or maybe they won't. Or they very, very likely won't. Why would they?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

usr wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:55 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:17 pm
They may go on sale again before that!
Year, or maybe they won't. Or they very, very likely won't. Why would they?
Site says available Autumn which is October, Yet we wont get an update before that so they will go on sale before we get an update on ours. Meaning you can gamble and wait for your original order and potentially miss out on the new stock or order at the new spec and price point meaning canyon win either way.

usr

by usr

Sorry, I read "go on sale" as in "x percent off" and from your reply I take it that you'd consider that just as unlikely as I do. What wouldn't surprise me: if they set projected future stock that exceeds existing orders to "orderable" before old orders are fulfilled, which would be somewhat annoying for those with ancient orders, but not really bad as long as the new orders aren't fulfilled earlier (or wrongly promised to get fulfilled earlier). Canyon used to be quite bold with taking up orders way ahead of realistic fulfillment projection, but these days they seem to be well aware that doing so will do more harm than good.

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

I don't think it is very likely Canyon will start selling bikes to new customers without taking care of their "exisiting" customers with open orders first. I think Canyon just took "autumn" as a ballpark kind of date, not as in a particular month like October.

I had contact with the dutch Canyon CS today and I asked for an expected date/week/month for the delivery of my Aeroad but they couldn't give me anything except for "we will notify you once we know an exact date". I wouldn't mind Canyon notifying all people with open orders that they will start repairing the bikes out there soon and that we will follow afterwards though...

cberg

by cberg

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:11 pm
I think Canyon just took "autumn" as a ballpark kind of date, not as in a particular month like October.
Agree with this, as annoying as it is. Autumn could also be September if we're lucky, or worst case it's November :|

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Well i asked them and they said the factory will only tell them an update on availabillty of bikes the last week in September and that they then would have to check inventory beofre providing an update in october

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:38 pm
Well i asked them and they said the factory will only tell them an update on availabillty of bikes the last week in September and that they then would have to check inventory beofre providing an update in october
Then I can only imagine that they are talking about the bikes that are gonna be for sale in autumn after the repairs are done and open orders have been fulfilled

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

No, I asked for an update on when my open order would despatch. They said they would need the update from the factory before they could tell me and that was coming last week in September. So presumably they're fixing bikes first (fair enough) then seeing what they have left to fulfil existing orders . But..... there will be new spec bikes available so they will be on the site available before ours ship meaning we will be back of the cue

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

There is also the chance due to groupset shortages that they won't be able to fulfil our orders as at that time some
Groupset will no longer be in mass production. So we will be told order new stock, on an even longer lead time and higher price. We might not even get in on the new stuff before they sell out. People with orders are going to get royally screwed

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

That sounds kind of troubling, on the other hand. My order was due for shipping in early february after placing it somewhere halfway january. This means that they most likely already had the bike ready before halting the orders because of the seatpost issues.

Sace

by Sace

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:47 pm
There is also the chance due to groupset shortages that they won't be able to fulfil our orders as at that time some
Groupset will no longer be in mass production. So we will be told order new stock, on an even longer lead time and higher price. We might not even get in on the new stuff before they sell out. People with orders are going to get royally screwed
Well, that probably depends if they have used the original stock for other bikes (Assuming that they had everything in stock for the first batch of bikes). In the spring they clearly stated that bikes will ship in the original configuration. But a lot of time has passed since so who knows if that still holds.

gmbike

by gmbike

Dont expect to see any new stock this year,

you heard it here first

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joaoapura

by joaoapura

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:47 pm
That's a bit speculative, so I would take this with a grain of salt.