2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DocTP1885

by DocTP1885

Cannoli wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:38 pm
stoney wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:01 pm
I hope Canyon has hired some new engineers. They need to go back to making great bikes with no gimmicky parts and selling them for a good price. There's an expression in America..."Keep it simple stupid".
I have two of the "original" new Aeroads, without the "fixes" installed and I've had zero issues. I have over 10k miles on my CFR and my wife is over 7k miles on hers. I clean and re-grease the seat tube every 1k mile so and it's absolutely silent. The Canyon engineers did just fine with this bike. The vocal minority would have you think otherwise. The new Aeroad is the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over. Period.
We have 4 riders including me at our TNC crit training with aeroad bikes. All size range from XS (mine) to Large. The rider with Large had no issues since he was the first do get his bike before the seatpost collar rubber seal and the MVP handlebar fiasco. He was notified to have his bike service to fix the seatpost and handlebar issue even though he wasn't having any during that time. Fast forward to present and all four of us has had zero issues with seatpost creaking. I bought mine in May and have close to 3000 miles on it and not a single issue. I've read here about putting electrical tape in the back and even thought I wasn't having any problems, I've decided to still apply it. I've inspected the rider who recently purchase his few months ago and his seatpost was rock solid. I've talked literally every TNC ride and all of us couldn't be happier.

All bike brands have "issues" and "recalls." a Rider with Trek Emonda had to return his bike for handlebar recall. They replaced his one piece handlebar with a two piece until they resolve the issue. Last I've heard he hasn't gotten his replaced. Had another friend who had to get his sworks brought into the shop to get the steering tube resolved. A close friend of mine had to have his Trek Emonda (older model) bottom bracket replaced at least two times a year and it got to the point where trek just finally gave him a new frame and guess what? bottom bracket issue on new frame. Got another friend with last year Trek Madone and he had to get his warrantied because his seatstay snapped. Guess what I'm saying is every brand has had some issue at one point or another. Unfortunately that's how the bike industry is going. implement new techology to have an edge with their counterparts and eventually issues will surface or not at all. We're at the mercy of progressive technology whether we like it or not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomS

by TomS

While I also absolutely love my Aeroad (about 5k on it), I do have an issue with the seat post creaking. It should not be there if it was designed properly. The tape is a fix, but one that Canyon CS is not happy with and one I don't like to worry about every 1000km either.

And we can debate whether this is a minority of people who are affected, but if so, please tell me why they have stopped selling the Aeroad for the second time now... surely if it's just a minority of people having issues, and lots of people want an Aeroad and parts are available (e.g. for other models), then why not sell it like hot cakes?

Again, I really love my bike and also feel this is the best bike I've ever ridden, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there are also design flaws in it that should be rectified in a new model... just my opinion though :-)

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Just finished my first century at “El tour de Tuscon” last weekend and during the race there were two separate occasions when I sat on the wheel of someone riding the new aeroad. Both riders bikes did not have the updated grommet and their bikes were completely silent. How bad is this creaking issue? Is it something every owner experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannoli

by Cannoli

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:31 pm
How bad is this creaking issue? Is it something every owner experiences?
For 99.9% of Aeroad owners, it's not an issue at all.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

rideitstereo

by rideitstereo

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Just finished my first century at “El tour de Tuscon” last weekend and during the race there were two separate occasions when I sat on the wheel of someone riding the new aeroad. Both riders bikes did not have the updated grommet and their bikes were completely silent. How bad is this creaking issue? Is it something every owner experiences?

It's most likely because they put electrical tape on the back of the Seatpost to keep it silent :wink:

thirdsun

by thirdsun

The Aeroad is back in stock or has a new estimated availability date depending on size and model.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

joaoapura

by joaoapura

rideitstereo wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:03 am
mrbrown4001 wrote:

It's most likely because they put electrical tape on the back of the Seatpost to keep it silent :wink:
Do you even own an Aeroad, by any chance?

Every time I come to this thread there's always someone complaining about the seat-post or bad design, or rumors the Aeroad is being re-designed.
I've done more than 5K with mine and participated in 2 road competitions. So far, it has been the best road bike I could ever have. If you're on the fence, I can tell you it's going to be the best investment of 2022/2023.

djemz

by djemz

thirdsun wrote:The Aeroad is back in stock or has a new estimated availability date depending on size and model.
What does that Date mean? When can you order an aeroad with the date 03/01 - 14/01?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

thirdsun

by thirdsun

djemz wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:05 pm
thirdsun wrote:The Aeroad is back in stock or has a new estimated availability date depending on size and model.
What does that Date mean? When can you order an aeroad with the date 03/01 - 14/01?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk
That's the timeframe in which Canyon expects the bikes to be available to order again. However don't rely on that. The bikes could be available again anytime. People relying on these estimations will likely miss stock.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

joaoapura wrote:
rideitstereo wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:

Every time I come to this thread there's always someone complaining about the seat-post or bad design, or rumors the Aeroad is being re-designed.
I've done more than 5K with mine and participated in 2 road competitions. So far, it has been the best road bike I could ever have. If you're on the fence, I can tell you it's going to be the best investment of 2022/2023.
I think you misunderstood my post. I’m not complaining about anything….. I’m questioning people who complain about the seat post issue

joaoapura

by joaoapura

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:41 pm
joaoapura wrote:
rideitstereo wrote:

I think you misunderstood my post. I’m not complaining about anything….. I’m questioning people who complain about the seat post issue

My remark was for rideitstereo's comment :beerchug:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

joaoapura wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 pm
rideitstereo wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:

does that matter, my riding buddy has one and when it creaks I let him know :thumbup: nothing wrong with buds giving each other a ribbing when bikes make noise they should "NOT" be making.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Cannoli

by Cannoli

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:55 pm
joaoapura wrote:
rideitstereo wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:

does that matter, my riding buddy has one and when it creaks I let him know :thumbup: nothing wrong with buds giving each other a ribbing when bikes make noise they should "NOT" be making.
So we should conclude that we're all your "buds"?
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Cannoli wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:58 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:55 pm
joaoapura wrote:
rideitstereo wrote:

So we should conclude that we're all your "buds"?
yeah if you have a creaking aeroad which is probably 80% of you at one time or another. :beerchug:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Cool

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com