2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Plus with all those bikes saying in stock on the ultimate, thats all theyll be shipping for the next month so another nail in the aeroad coffin

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:24 am
I notice the new Ultimates are mostly Sram , and one dura ace. no Ultegra.
Noticed that too. A few days ago they also had (still have apparently) various SRAM Endurace models in stock. Guess they received some group sets.

I was tempted to get the Ultimate for a moment but it would be unreasonable. Ultimate and Endurace are due for a major update next year, and of course I already have an Endurace. What I actually want is an Aeroad as a proper aero alternative to the relaxed Endurace. I'll wait this out till the 12 speed Ultegra Aeroad arrives. Just tired of waiting at this point.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I wouldnt mind waiting if they actually were honest and upfront about time lines but theyre not

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:26 pm
I wouldnt mind waiting if they actually were honest and upfront about time lines but theyre not
Sure, agreed. I wouldn't mind being done with it and knowing I can expect my Aeroad to arrive early next year. However with the current situation you basically have to check the website everyday since your prefered model and size might be sold out in a few hours after being back in stock and notifications might not actually trigger as expected. It's annoying.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

TomS

by TomS

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:26 pm
Sure, agreed. I wouldn't mind being done with it and knowing I can expect my Aeroad to arrive early next year. However with the current situation you basically have to check the website everyday since your prefered model and size might be sold out in a few hours after being back in stock and notifications might not actually trigger as expected. It's annoying.
EXACTLY THAT! I wouldn't even mind paying a premium of say 500euro or more to get 12 speed but it's not a major thing for me, I just want an Aeroad by March... March 2022 that is!

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Imagine working there in the chat team, and every day you have to tell pissed off customer the same boxed answer "we will update you when we have news". I hope canyon give those guys a good wage cos they must be taking some amount of abuse.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Lina wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:29 am
Hambini is a known fraud and Peak Torque is also known to spout BS,
Lol. Can you link to the "Frauds" by Hambini and PT?

You should be thankful for them showing off the low standard we have reached when it comes to bicycle cosntruction... They have zero money in the game although hambini earns some pocket change from his BB (which still have the best tolerances out there hence they are used on Pro Teams...) Be assured that both earn their six figure $ salary from their eningeering job. :beerchug:
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

BertD

by BertD

You can google that fraud he's talking about.
Besides that, PT seems like a nice guy to me, but in his video about the Aeroad cockpit he mainly speculates about what-ifs and destroys Canyon's good name. In addition, you may wonder why Hambinininini likes to talk about tolerances, for 99% of riders it really doesn't matter, bike manufacturers are not stupid, they just have to make money and so choose savings where it matters least. Moreover, Hambinininini just wants to sell his 'perfect' (read: expensive) stuff.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

ViperFFM wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:08 pm
Lina wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:29 am
Hambini is a known fraud and Peak Torque is also known to spout BS,
Lol. Can you link to the "Frauds" by Hambini and PT?

You should be thankful for them showing off the low standard we have reached when it comes to bicycle cosntruction... They have zero money in the game although hambini earns some pocket change from his BB (which still have the best tolerances out there hence they are used on Pro Teams...) Be assured that both earn their six figure $ salary from their eningeering job. :beerchug:
Why do people always resort to "they're doing it for money" argument ? Is that cos they don't have a proper argument? .neither of them make any money by bashing bike brands , they are just YouTube hobbiests giving their opinion , if you disagree with them that's the beauty of the internet, you can go find someone else who does have the same opinion as you. But this constant bashin of anyone who has a different view is so annoying.

slowmo

by slowmo

New ultimate...it's not new haha. You could have an addict or Merida which are newer for not much more. Also not as cheap as what they used to be so whats the benefits of going with canyon. The aeroad looks great but that's a major design flaw IMO with the seat post. If a product was developed and tested over the four years as they say they would have came across this surely. The bike looks great buts it been rushed to market. Such a shame ☹️

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Is it my imagination of did the price of the Ultimate SLX 9 12sp DA increase overnight? I was sure it was under €8000 yesterday (7800 or there abouts). Today its 8049 and sold out in all sizes except L.

I may have confused this with the eTAP version. :?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 am
Is it my imagination of did the price of the Ultimate SLX 9 12sp DA increase overnight? I was sure it was under €8000 yesterday (7800 or there abouts). Today its 8049 and sold out in all sizes except L.

It did go up, i remember looking and thinking it was Ultegra for that price and then being shocked it was Dura ace.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Aeroads no longer say Available Autumn, just says coming soon now.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 am

Still at 7799 € in Germany and available in size S and L
  • Vitus Venon Evo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com