2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kipers

by kipers

Aerohead23 wrote:Right the tour is over and no bikes exploded! So where me F€&king bike Image
„Available Autumn 2021” ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

kipers wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:23 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:Right the tour is over and no bikes exploded! So where me F€&king bike Image
Did you train at canyon? 😂

kipers

by kipers

Aerohead23 wrote:
kipers wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:23 pm
Did you train at canyon? Image
No need to, aleeady a quote of the year for many bike manufacturers ;)

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Emma Norsgaards Olympics Aeroad has the updated bars but no seatpost bodge...

Can't get the photo to load for some reason
Attachments
D4900B11-D45C-4559-A15F-F949F6DF4A36.jpeg

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:19 pm
Emma Norsgaards Olympics Aeroad has the updated bars but no seatpost bodge...

Can't get the photo to load for some reason
We might be looking at the "new" seatpost solution here. It would seem strange to me to have athletes perform on bikes that do have the new cockpit but the old seatpost. Perhaps the Tour de France seatpost was a bodge job after all, even though that doesn't quite make sense either.

I would like some more communication from Canyon on this whole subject, at the very least about the "cockpit solution in july" thing.

usr

by usr

Could also be the "seatpost is perfectly fine as long as you don't intend to ride the bike for more that a few thousand miles" solution

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Sure pro bikes are serviced after every ride so it wouldn't be an issue for them , they can keep it clean and lubed

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Not sure why Canyon always has to wait until the last possible day to give out any information. We'll probably get an update on the last day of July that says there will be another update mi August. :noidea:

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

What's more annoying is the last update said delivering from Autumn onwards, not just Autumn . I reckon March before I see my order. If I can get a Tarmac in the mean time I will. I've been pretty paitient by I'm
Sick of it now. Bikes seems to be appearing in shops again too. Local shop had a reacto di2 in my size today, but I thought it was cheap looking.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:41 pm
Not sure why Canyon always has to wait until the last possible day to give out any information. We'll probably get an update on the last day of July that says there will be another update mi August. :noidea:
Did they promise another update in July? They didn't in my mail?

kipers

by kipers

Aerohead23 wrote:
EsotericCyclist wrote:
As I already have one i have been asking CS here on the handlebar fix date. Got information that both handlebar and seat-post will be fixed by end of Aug and will have to send my bike back (fortunately locally, not to Germany, so should be shorter turnaround).

If they are productive for fixes by end of Aug it gives IMO some probability you will get your ordered bikes in Autumn.

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

kipers wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:20 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
EsotericCyclist wrote:
As I already have one i have been asking CS here on the handlebar fix date. Got information that both handlebar and seat-post will be fixed by end of Aug and will have to send my bike back (fortunately locally, not to Germany, so should be shorter turnaround).

If they are productive for fixes by end of Aug it gives IMO some probability you will get your ordered bikes in Autumn.
That would be pretty great news, getting the bike at the end of August would mean that I could still ride a bit outside in September. I'm not getting my hopes up though, Canyon has been saying "autumn 2021" and so far we don't really have a reason to expect Canyon being earlier than expected with their solution

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:26 am
kipers wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
EsotericCyclist wrote:

That would be pretty great news, getting the bike at the end of August would mean that I could still ride a bit outside in September. I'm not getting my hopes up though, Canyon has been saying "autumn 2021" and so far we don't really have a reason to expect Canyon being earlier than expected with their solution
They will surely look after existing owners first so i would say that means for us with orders we wont see them till all owners are sorted meaning the new year i would expect.

joaoapura

by joaoapura

kipers wrote:

I particularly don't like the idea of sending the bike back... because transportation between Portugal <> Germany is not always great, and I worry if my bike gets damaged. Also, I don't have the stock wheels anymore, and I made several modifications (e.g. upgrade to SRAM RED). I hope Canyon will do a great customer service and handle cases on a one-by-one basis.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

My bike has been back with Canyon for about a week and a half now because my chainstays cracked. In a way it probably worked out for the better this way as I was able to ship the bike back without waiting for Canyon to let me know when to ship it. I do feel for everyone that have concerns about shipping their bikes back and possibly incurring damage, it would have been in the back of my mind as well.

I hope that since my bike is back with them already, getting a new bike will be a little quicker as I don't have to send it back and have a tech take time to put new parts on. In theory Canyon simply has to send me a whole new bike (stealth or pro white, I don't care) which would be the quickest and easiest option. In my opinion they should be taking care of existing owners who have already shelled out the money for their bikes first though, that would be good customer service.

What I wonder is what "fixed by the end of August means." Does that mean customers will have their bikes back in hand by that time, or does it mean Canyon intends to start having people send their bikes back by the end of August? Hopefully for everyone it's the former.