2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tomtom

by tomtom

inean wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 pm
brusknl wrote:I still ride my Aeroad, currently 2000KM.

I had to tighten the headset for the 3rd time since I've got it. I noticed a bit of play during rides (little bit of vibration), then confirmed it back home by holding the front brake and rock back and forth,

Used the tool to for the preload, and tightened the bolt to 9.5Nm this time.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
5000km. 0 problems on stem. It's a CFR by the way.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk
Same here, little less km (3500-4000) and 0 issues on stem (bars & seatpost ;-)). Mounted it myself, which was a real pain ita cable wise but the clamping mechanism is easy & imo great: no more centering issues :thumbup: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

solotalent

by solotalent

brusknl wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 pm
I still ride my Aeroad, currently 2000KM.

I had to tighten the headset for the 3rd time since I've got it. I noticed a bit of play during rides (little bit of vibration), then confirmed it back home by holding the front brake and rock back and forth,

Had this problem in the beginning as well, the trick for me was to leave the preload tool in there and then tighten the bolt to 9nm (instead of removing the preload tool before tightening as i did before).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

You are supposed to leave the preload tool in there until you tighten the clamp.

This is in the official Canyon video for it. Is it obvious? Not really until after you see them tighten the clamps and then pull the tool out, but that how a lot of these instructional videos are nowadays. Just a video with some music and no explaining or subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFW8y-CWjwE

P.S.
I have over 1000km on mine and no issues. Knock on wood.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

This is how I did spacer changes as well, leave preload tool in, then torque bolt and remove preload tool after.

Been over a week now for my warranty claim and no word from Canyon. Seems like this should be a pretty simple look at the photos and send a return shipping label. I'm not sure how many warranty claims they get in a given day/week but it seems like my claim should be an easy open/close case.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I would give them a call. Always had better luck with in person than email.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Does the Garmin Flare Rt or Varia work on the new seatpost?

m03ppp

by m03ppp

yourrealdad wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:22 pm
The Varia comes with an adapter for aero seatpost, that works ok~ish but I would recommend bying an adapter for the seat:

https://www.amazon.de/corki-Halterung-G ... B07NTZ6HWK

These are also available in Specialized Swat Variants in case you run a swat enabled saddle.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I do run a SWAT saddle. I am going back and forth on using a Road Bandit and Direct Mount for bottles.

How would you run it with a Road Bandit?

Know anything about the Flare RT? Don't know if I want to throw down on the Varia right now
Last edited by yourrealdad on Tue May 25, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Looking at that mount from the link, to me looks like you could use it with a light while also using the SWAT Road bandit. Of course you wouldn't be able to mount the light in the location they currently show on the more vertical rail area. But if you moved that mount down to the horizontal seat rail area it still looks like it would work with a light. The light mounting point is basically a pivot that could be rotated so the light ends up in the correct position.

Also, the varia radar is probably one of my favorite accessories. Totally worth the admission price.

m03ppp

by m03ppp

yourrealdad wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:40 pm
I do run a SWAT saddle. I am going back and forth on using a Road Bandit and Direct Mount for bottles.

How would you run it with a Road Bandit?

Know anything about the Flare RT? Don't know if I want to throuw down on the Varia right now
I don't have a Road Bandit unfortunatly but there are a couple of different SWAT GoPro variantes available, while tight some of them might work. The good thing about using the GoPro standard is that you can combine with other parts and extensions. Like so for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr76n5OKpnY. With enough patient you might be able to find a combination that works.

Kzco

by Kzco

brusknl wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 pm
I still ride my Aeroad, currently 2000KM.

same here.

tightened preload and then back to 9Nm. Approx 3000Km.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Not me. Approaching 4000Km and checked the seatpost again. Not a lick of trouble. Just waiting around for the updated bars. I had to tighten my brake level clamp again, and the Garmin mount as well as the Di2 battery bracket, but handlebars and headset have been solid since I removed the spacers and narrowed the width.
carbonLORD.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

yourrealdad wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:22 pm
I posted a pic of my Varia setup using a seat-rail mount several pages back. Links were also included.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Any signs of repairs yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Haven't heard a peep about the bars and I'm still waiting for any word on my warranty claim that I sent in May 14th.

I asked for an update last Friday and all they said was my claim has made it to level 2, whatever that means. :noidea: I have no idea how many levels there are but my frame is cracked on both chainstays. All they should have to do is look at the photos and have me send the bike back to see what happened. Then hopefully send me back a new bike with the new drops and a refund for $1200 to my card.