2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MattVega

by MattVega

TomS wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:16 am
MattVega wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:14 am
LOWIEV wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:10 am
it says: 4iii power meter included for the Aeroad CF SLX8 disc Di2.
is this a left side version or l and r sided powermeter?
Looking at pictures, the L is most certainly there.

I don't see the R one tough
All pictures are without the black plastic cap on teh seatpost clamping bolt... makes me wonder: did anything change in the clamping mechanism to prevent the creaking issue that some people (incl myself) are experiencing...?
Sorry to say for those waiting to order but I'm now even more happy with my 11 speed black CF SLX di2 at 5699euro...
I just think they were out of caps :)

There is no difference i think to the clamping mechanism. also: have you tried the cyclone grease? I have applied that in huge quantaties to my seatpost and the creaking stopped. I think the Canyon grease is just not that good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mocs123

by Mocs123

The new 12-Speed Aeroad isn't up on the US site yet - at least that I see.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

cberg

by cberg

The Dura Ace CFR comes with a Rotor power meter now, also saw someone on facebook who was offered one for his Ultimate along with a discount. Seems like Shimano cant deliver the 12 speed power meters

TomS

by TomS

MattVega wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:18 am
TomS wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:16 am
MattVega wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:14 am
LOWIEV wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:10 am
it says: 4iii power meter included for the Aeroad CF SLX8 disc Di2.
is this a left side version or l and r sided powermeter?
Looking at pictures, the L is most certainly there.

I don't see the R one tough
All pictures are without the black plastic cap on teh seatpost clamping bolt... makes me wonder: did anything change in the clamping mechanism to prevent the creaking issue that some people (incl myself) are experiencing...?
Sorry to say for those waiting to order but I'm now even more happy with my 11 speed black CF SLX di2 at 5699euro...
I just think they were out of caps :)

There is no difference i think to the clamping mechanism. also: have you tried the cyclone grease? I have applied that in huge quantaties to my seatpost and the creaking stopped. I think the Canyon grease is just not that good.
I had it looked at by Canyon - they removed the tape I had put on there as per the suggestin by other forum members (and which worked). They indeed put A LOT of the white paste on there. So far so good, I have done about 600km withour creaking. (only thing that keeps creaking is the chain now - no matter how much I degrease and regrease it, it starts over after about 40km or so time and again. Might be that it is the new Mucc-off C3 ceramic lube I'm now using instead of Muc-off's traditional dry lube? would be strange, but never had creacking chain issues on any previous bike... )

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

MattVega wrote:the new Canyon Aeroad CF SL seems nice tough. Also nice colors.
Altough I am not sure if the ARC1600 is worth the 200 euros extra over the Reynolds AR58/62 wheelset (which I have and adore)

What do you guys think? are the ARC1600 worth the 200 euros extra?

Edit: there is a power meter included. I stand corrected. It is worth the 200 euros extra. absolute steal

Double edit: is there a power meter included? I don't see it in the component list of the Canyon Aeroad CF SL 8
What country site are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattVega

by MattVega

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:19 pm
MattVega wrote:the new Canyon Aeroad CF SL seems nice tough. Also nice colors.
Altough I am not sure if the ARC1600 is worth the 200 euros extra over the Reynolds AR58/62 wheelset (which I have and adore)

What do you guys think? are the ARC1600 worth the 200 euros extra?

Edit: there is a power meter included. I stand corrected. It is worth the 200 euros extra. absolute steal

Double edit: is there a power meter included? I don't see it in the component list of the Canyon Aeroad CF SL 8
What country site are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The belgian one. Cant figure out if the power meter is included or not.

Kinda moot for me tough, I have an Aeroad CF SL7 with a stages PM. Just curious

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Are the white decals on the handlebar hard to remove or just regular warerslides?

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Eterna7m wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:30 pm
Are the white decals on the handlebar hard to remove or just regular warerslides?
For me the handlebars actually came without the decals on, but they were included so you can put them on there yourself if you prefer.

About that new purple-red color: Atleast Canyon can keep saying that they have Aeroads in stock, nobody will buy those things....

TomS

by TomS

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:36 pm
Eterna7m wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:30 pm
For me the handlebars actually came without the decals on, but they were included so you can put them on there yourself if you prefer.

About that new purple-red color: Atleast Canyon can keep saying that they have Aeroads in stock, nobody will buy those things....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It is beyond me how they came up with these new colours...

thirdsun

by thirdsun

MattVega wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 am
Only CF SLX and CFR come with a power meter. The CF SL doesn't have one.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Brendan

by Brendan

Only review I saw of the 9200 PM wasn't good. Better off with something other than Shimano anyways when it comes to accuracy.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

So last weird question would be…
If I were to need a longer resch (I.e. stem) I’d have to buy the h11? Because I don’t see the cp in their store

MattVega

by MattVega

thirdsun wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:50 pm
MattVega wrote:
They indeed removed the Powermeter quote from their site.

I would have sworn it stated "powermeter" (now it says "NEW" )

anyway: is the 200 euro price increase justified from going from Reynolds AR58/62 DB's to ARC 1600 's ?

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Brendan wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:54 pm
Only review I saw of the 9200 PM wasn't good. Better off with something other than Shimano anyways when it comes to accuracy.
As far as I can tell no Shimano power meters are used. Canyon uses 4iiii, SRAM or Rotor power meters depending on which Aeroad you buy.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thirdsun

by thirdsun

MattVega wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:50 pm
MattVega wrote:
They indeed removed the Powermeter quote from their site.

I would have sworn it stated "powermeter" (now it says "NEW" )

anyway: is the 200 euro price increase justified from going from Reynolds AR58/62 DB's to ARC 1600 's ?
Probably justified because DT Swiss tends to be more expensive. That doesn't necessarily indicate a quality difference. Both wheels should be fine. I see the Reynolds constantly praised for their crosswind stability. I'd be happy with either option.
  • Vitus Venon Evo