2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

akb

by akb

eldubau wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Has anyone received compensation money?
Received it 2 weeks after I picked up my bike at the service center in the Netherlands. Communication was a bit strange. First I got an e-mail from Canyon Belgium (with an e-mail address that didn't exist) to confirm my bank account. This mail obviously was a mistake. After I received a second notification they transferred the money to the account I used for the initial payment. Chapter closed. I Hope...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zaq962

by zaq962

Aerohead23 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:27 am
zaq962 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:32 am
Do you guys have knocking sound from the fixed seatpost. My seatpost have knocking sound while climbing in the saddle, no sound while standing. Took out and put it back with correct nm, same sound after few kilometers
Check the saddle itself, I had that on my existing Aeroad and couldn't work it out, turned out the fizik saddle under shell had snapped in half so was knocking when climbing and bobbing in the saddle.
Swapped to a different saddle, still have knocking sound. I can feel some play between the saddle and the rail. Maybe the seatclamps(Canyon GP0224-01 Aeroad Adapter for Oval Rails) is too narrow and compressed the rail? I don't know, Canyon stopped responding to my email.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Finally was able to get my refund going, should be back in pocket in about a week. At least I hope.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Just been told there is a mail about to go out to Aeroad Customers, ie people waiting on orders. Has anyone received such a mail or is that more BS from the service team at Canyon. I heard it third hand to be fair.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:24 pm
Just been told there is a mail about to go out to Aeroad Customers, ie people waiting on orders. Has anyone received such a mail or is that more BS from the service team at Canyon. I heard it third hand to be fair.
Haven't heard anything as far as news for awaiting orders, but I did hear that Canyon (at least in the US) isn't even sure when the 12spd shimano will be available on the Aeroad. I got the impression they didn't even think the '22 model Aeroad would be showing up withe 12spd shimano for most of the new year.

TomS

by TomS

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:14 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Haven't heard anything as far as news for awaiting orders, but I did hear that Canyon (at least in the US) isn't even sure when the 12spd shimano will be available on the Aeroad. I got the impression they didn't even think the '22 model Aeroad would be showing up withe 12spd shimano for most of the new year.
Last e-mail I got was Aug 31... with in it the "we would like to inform you today that it won't be too long until we start shipping all ordered Aeroads and you can finally hold your new Aeroad in your hands" statement. that was exactly 7 weeks ago, which in my book is NOT "it won't be too long". But I guess we're all in agreement about that :noidea:

BertD

by BertD

Their lack of clear communication is disturbing, giving the impression that they don't know what they are doing. I asked for a rough estimate of the delivery of my bike last week, but they still can't tell if it will take days, weeks or months. By the way, I ordered size L on January 20, when they were finally available again after months of waiting... I don't need an exact delivery date, if they can't live up to it, but an indication and occasionally a status update would be nice.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

The fact that they're taking so long and that even the bikes online still say coming Autumn makes me start to worry there is a bigger problem . They must have the parts or they surely wouldn't have sent the mail 7 weeks ago and said we are getting started or are they really that stupid? They were selling special edition ultimates with di2 etc so they had the stock of parts. It does really make me think something else is wrong.

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

BertD wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm
Their lack of clear communication is disturbing, giving the impression that they don't know what they are doing. I asked for a rough estimate of the delivery of my bike last week, but they still can't tell if it will take days, weeks or months. By the way, I ordered size L on January 20, when they were finally available again after months of waiting... I don't need an exact delivery date, if they can't live up to it, but an indication and occasionally a status update would be nice.
I believe his is purely due to the customer service not having direct insight into what's happening in the factory. The assembly of the bikes is in general very short so on the day that they start assembling they will probably ship it too. It would be nice if they atleast could give a prediction on when they will start with sizes other than S and M though.

MOSmilli

by MOSmilli

eldubau wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Has anyone received compensation money?
I wrote them on the chat and they did not know anything about it.

Via email, I received an answer today. As always, some empty words that due to the high volume of requests it will take some more days.... bla bla bla...

TomS

by TomS

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 am
BertD wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm
I believe his is purely due to the customer service not having direct insight into what's happening in the factory. The assembly of the bikes is in general very short so on the day that they start assembling they will probably ship it too. It would be nice if they atleast could give a prediction on when they will start with sizes other than S and M though.
I just now asked Belgian CS about my order - no specifics but they will trry to ship out all orders (regardless of size ordered) before the end of November...

thirdsun

by thirdsun

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
My guess is that customer support doesn't have any information about new bikes until they are actually available (or very close to it). I'm not surprised they can't even give an estimate. Of course, if Canyon is indeed unsure if the 12 speed upgrade will be available early 2022 that would make my decision between the current-spec Aeroad and the 12 speed variant very difficult. I can wait but not a whole year or more.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

thirdsun wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:11 am
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
My guess is that customer support doesn't have any information about new bikes until they are actually available (or very close to it). I'm not surprised they can't even give an estimate. Of course, if Canyon is indeed unsure if the 12 speed upgrade will be available early 2022 that would make my decision between the current-spec Aeroad and the 12 speed variant very difficult. I can wait but not a whole year or more.
I'm thinking the same. I wouldn't mind waiting 3 months into 2022 for the 12speed Ultegra Di2.
I'd be afraid that the 13 speed version would be released before the 12 speed is delivered! :lol:

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Aerohead23 wrote:
Still no update from Canyon - no new emails yet.
I wonder if my XS frame is gathering dust somewhere. :cry:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

All the sizes on Canyons website that say "coming soon, 11/15/22..." are no doubt going to be equipped with the 11 spd shimano, so SOL if you're looking to update. Those will sell out quickly and I don't think we'll see the 12spd Shimano until Spring at the earliest and most likely in limited quantities.

I'm sure many will etiher switch over to SRAM or move to a different bike manufacturer that was able to secure 12spd Shimano. Just my opinion