2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mgrl

by mgrl

Rora wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 pm
I sent it from Ireland, I don't understand why I couldn't ship it to UK instead of Germany.
You may have heard of this thing beginning with B that discourages that

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Addict15

by Addict15

CardioBiker wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:47 pm
Something different. Does anyone have an instruction how to instal the EW-WU111 wireless unit on this bike? I presume putting it in the handle bar would be most conveniant. Can I simply connect it to the EW-RS910 in the handle bar?
You will just need to plug it in anywhere in the system, but the handlebar drops are probably easiest indeed. So you will need another cable to attach it to the EW-RS910 or between a cable that's already plugged in to the EW-RS910 and the new cable. If you already have a EW-JC200 somewhere on the bike you don't need a new cable, but I doubt it. You could also put it near the battery but that involves taking out the bb on canyon bikes. Good luck! :thumbup:

CardioBiker

by CardioBiker

Addict15 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:12 pm
CardioBiker wrote:
Something different. Does anyone have an instruction how to instal the EW-WU111 wireless unit on this bike? I presume putting it in the handle bar would be most conveniant. Can I simply connect it to the EW-RS910 in the handle bar?
You will just need to plug it in anywhere in the system, but the handlebar drops are probably easiest indeed. So you will need another cable to attach it to the EW-RS910 or between a cable that's already plugged in to the EW-RS910 and the new cable. If you already have a EW-JC200 somewhere on the bike you don't need a new cable, but I doubt it. You could also put it near the battery but that involves taking out the bb on canyon bikes. Good luck! :thumbup:
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. I think I can connect it to a port on the left shifter (https://bettershifting.com/bar-end-junc ... ion-guide/)

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

CardioBiker wrote:
Does anyone have an instruction how to instal the EW-WU111 wireless unit on this bike? I presume putting it in the handle bar would be most conveniant. Can I simply connect it to the EW-RS910 in the handle bar?
Yes, get a 150mm e-tube wire and put it in the bar. That's what I did. Garmin is controlled by the levers and shows all the gears on my Edge 1000.
carbonLORD.com

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

Hi, new user here even though I have been reading and following for many months.
Had a January order of an CF SLX Ultegra I decided to cancel the other day since I came to the conclusion I rather add the extra bucks to get the 2022 model with 12-speed Ultegra. Will most likely have a higher 2nd hand value compared to 11-speed ultegra.
The question is just when it will be launched and when delivery will start (hope to get it for the spring).
Seems like the 2021 bikes will never get back to stock, just delivered for the ones who have existing orders.
Instead it will be 2022 bikes coming in to stock.

Will be exciting to see if there are other changes to the bikes as well. And new colors of course.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Stradabianche wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 am
Hi, new user here even though I have been reading and following for many months.
Had a January order of an CF SLX Ultegra I decided to cancel the other day since I came to the conclusion I rather add the extra bucks to get the 2022 model with 12-speed Ultegra. Will most likely have a higher 2nd hand value compared to 11-speed ultegra.
The question is just when it will be launched and when delivery will start (hope to get it for the spring).
Seems like the 2021 bikes will never get back to stock, just delivered for the ones who have existing orders.

Will be exciting to see if there are other changes to the bikes as well. And new colors of course.
My situation is the same as this, however I still haven't cancelled my order. I really would like the 12 speed option but I can't get any information from Canyon on this. What was Canyons response when you cancelled the order?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Dieselbike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:00 am
Stradabianche wrote:

My situation is the same as this, however I still haven't cancelled my order. I really would like the 12 speed option but I can't get any information from Canyon on this. What was Canyons response when you cancelled the order?
When you see the prices of the Speedmaxs with electronic groupsets it makes me think there wont be a huge price hike on the new models. if the price was going to be the same i would wait for the new one. But like you say they are not giving any info. its really annoying

brusknl

by brusknl

Got a call from Get Bike Service (AMS/NL). They will collect and return the Aeroad from/to my house. Expected turn around time is little less than a week. Longer if they find any cracks, and the frame needs replacement. Does that mean that some frames needed to be replaced?
Last edited by brusknl on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

Dieselbike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:00 am
Stradabianche wrote:

Well, really no particular response. Guess the guys at the CS doesn't bother too much about it.
The 12-speed will most likely be more expensive than the existing but it's ok for me as I believe it will keep a higher value. In addition I do already have an ultegra di2 equipped aero bike today so the difference would be a bit more noticeable with new version of gears.

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

brusknl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am
Got a call from Get Bike Service (AMS/NL). They will collect and return the Aeroad from/to my house. Expected turn around time is little less than a week. Longer if they find any cracks, and the frame needs replacement. Does that mean that some frames needed replaced?
I think at least two persons on this forum got cracks on their frame. I might be paranoid but I have more and more the feeling that this seatpost/handelbar changing story is Canyon's way to check many more issues (or at least the frame) on the bike without saying it.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Jeffouille wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:22 am
brusknl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am
Got a call from Get Bike Service (AMS/NL). They will collect and return the Aeroad from/to my house. Expected turn around time is little less than a week. Longer if they find any cracks, and the frame needs replacement. Does that mean that some frames needed replaced?
I think at least two persons on this forum got cracks on their frame. I might be paranoid but I have more and more the feeling that this seatpost/handelbar changing story is Canyon's way to check many more issues (or at least the frame) on the bike without saying it.
i worry about that too.
i worry i wont have time to ride it before winter to see if cracks develop and them come spring im suddenly without a bike again.

cberg

by cberg

Half way through the month. Two weeks agoCanyon told me they expected delivery this month, I wonder if they can live up to that

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

cberg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:54 pm
Half way through the month. Two weeks agoCanyon told me they expected delivery this month, I wonder if they can live up to that
On which size?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

delete please

cberg

by cberg

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:15 pm
cberg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:54 pm
On which size?
Large SLX, but maybe they didnt bother checking what size my order is when I asked about it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com