2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willvousden

by willvousden

Konsi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:59 am
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:00 pm
Price on the new Aeroad with Di2 Ultegra is yet to be seen, but over here in the US I can't imagine it will stay at $5,999. It will defintely be more than the equivelantly spec'd SRAM bike, that goes without saying because it's a newer groupset. Even if if goes up to $6,500 it would still be a better value than any of the comparable bikes from Trek$$$, Orbea, Scott, Specialized, Giant, Colnago etc, and I keep checking other brands out. But like mentioned earlier, it's a moot point because you can't really get your hands on any of them right now.
I am not so sure about the Canyon being that much better on the value proposition anymore. For ~6.3k you can get the Scott Foil 10 with the new Ultegra 12s, or the new Orbea Aero bike, also with the new Ultegra, Vision 55, custom paint, and you can choose all components and sizes (stem length, handlebar width etc).
The Scott looks nice, but matt black is just so boring :( The colours were the main thing that got me hooked on the S-Series/S5 (purpl chameleon, green chameleon) and Aeroad (blue).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

In that case I'd also look at the Cube Litening C:68X. Nice colors and (in Europe) pretty competitively priced compared to the Aeroad - which seems to be a bit of a gamble with respect to availability and reliability (to put it mildly).

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Ive been employed as marketing for canyon, here is my first change
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 13.54.12.png

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:57 pm
Nice one :lol:

Naïve question: can they cancel our orders just like that without proposing any alternatives?

GeaerGrimsrud

by GeaerGrimsrud

Konsi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:59 am
I am not so sure about the Canyon being that much better on the value proposition anymore. For ~6.3k you can get the Scott Foil 10 with the new Ultegra 12s, or the new Orbea Aero bike, also with the new Ultegra, Vision 55, custom paint, and you can choose all components and sizes (stem length, handlebar width etc).
I've got a deposit on a Foil RC10, and the clincher (excuse the pun) in favor of the SLX 8 are the wheels.

In favor of the RC10: buying from a company that hasn't dicked around for a year+ with the release date. That said, I have no regrets buying a Grail SL8 a few years ago; the comparable savings to other gravel bikes allowed me to buy a second pair of wheels.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Jeffouille wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:46 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Nice one :lol:

Naïve question: can they cancel our orders just like that without proposing any alternatives?
Of course they can. Any time ive contacted them theyve asked would i like to cancel in every chat. they dont have enough frames anymore i reckon and theyre hoping we cancel orders. Too many existing frames out threre that came in for the repair got damaged i would think so our frames that were sat waiting for us have been used as replacements. It will get to a point when theyknow orders cant be fulfilled and we will get cancelation notices. I think a new model will be annouced with a change on the seat post but we wont get preference , we will just have to hope and order the new ones

usr

by usr

Aerohead23 wrote:
Why so vague? The German language page for the CFR EPS clearly states "ab Januar 2021“

Which seems oddly truth...ish, because it certainly wasn't available before January 2021 ;)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I presume the silence on here means no ones gotten a shipment mail lately? or any news? off to my local bike shop tomorrow they have a beaut of a bike in i could pull the trigger on. same priec as the aeroad although it has sram rival axis on it thats putting me off

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:01 pm
I presume the silence on here means no ones gotten a shipment mail lately? or any news? off to my local bike shop tomorrow they have a beaut of a bike in i could pull the trigger on. same priec as the aeroad although it has sram rival axis on it thats putting me off
Nope nada nothing... I'f kind of let go of the idea getting my bike before Febr or so. Perhaps they meant May 2022 instead of may 2021 :roll:

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

There just won't be any movement untill all of the Aeroads that need the fix are complete, they just won't come out and say that. I think the reason the date keeps going further is because they grossly underestimated the logistics and timeframe that fixing all of the bikes would take. Especially trying to have a second party complete the fix, which obviously hasn't worked out like originally planned. People waiting on repairs will get service first, rightfully so and then all the people waiting on bikes will get their chance.

I almost wonder if there will be two tiers of Shimano Aeroads for sale when the time comes. A higher priced CFSLX with the new Di2/newer DT wheels, and a slightly lower priced CFSLX with the older Di2/older DT wheels in more limited quantities.

Mick1508

by Mick1508

I was told today that the 2022 Merida Reacto Team will be available in Aus from May (except XL). I am beginning to doubt Canyon will have anything available by then, and given the constant issues with Canyon, and their obviously shite customer service, I'm now leaning towards the Merida. Which, by all accounts, is a cracking bike, and good value too.

TomS

by TomS

Mick1508 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:46 pm
I was told today that the 2022 Merida Reacto Team will be available in Aus from May (except XL). I am beginning to doubt Canyon will have anything available by then, and given the constant issues with Canyon, and their obviously shite customer service, I'm now leaning towards the Merida. Which, by all accounts, is a cracking bike, and good value too.
I had the opportinity to buy a Reacto last April, would be deliverd a year from then they said. Naive as I was I thought I would have my Aeroad before April 2022 :-). I looked at a Reacto in Belgium again two weeks ago, and in size XL the Team was sold out and the Ultegra 9000 model was > 19 months waiting (for most sizes)...

Hope you can get your hands on one... :thumbup:

TomS

by TomS

Mick1508 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:46 pm
I had the opportinity to buy a Reacto last April, would be deliverd a year from then they said. Naive as I was I thought I would have my Aeroad before April 2022 :-). I looked at a Reacto in Belgium again two weeks ago, and in size XL the Team was sold out and the Ultegra 9000 model was > 19 months waiting (for most sizes)...

Hope you can get your hands on one... :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Managed to get my self a BMC Timemachine today! Delighted, buying from local shop, so plenty of support and good to buy from a local busines . I will never buy from Canyon again after this debacle.